PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good breakdown of the NE D plays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was pretty cool. I didn't know about that feature.

Would be cooler if they didn't show the 9-box in a 4-3 alignment for most of the diagrams. Flawed analysis. It's actually much scarier when these plays are run out of a base 3-4.

The player that they show as DE in some of those 4-3 plays is either Vrabel or Colvin, and they dont generally line up with their hand down. The Pats D does all that stuff, but in a 3-4 the defensive intent is even harder to diagnose since you cant read whether the OLB is coming or dropping. Dropping into Cover-2 is vanilla, but even if the O has guessed Cover-2, it's not clear which side the 4th rusher is going to come from-- it could really be any of the 4 LBs, or even the SS.

A couple of snaps in the Buffalo game, they had Adalius rushing from a down position in a 3-4 absolutely flush with LBs. Seemed like, it was really more disguised of a 2-5 front. I'd love to see someone break down that alignment, and what the Pats were attacking there. That is an alignment that I dont think we've seen from anyone not called the Patriots.

The ESPN stuff is pretty basic... most NFL teams run that stuff. I think they cut and pasted some of the 4-3 alignment from another game they were hyping.

Very well done, now if I could only remember this stuff while watching the game, people might actually think I am "football smart".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back