PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glossary of insults and nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made of glass.....used to describe an oft injured player. I'd like to know who came up with it and who it was referencing.

I don't know who first came up with it, but I remember first hearing about it with Laurence Maroney.

Have we had

The Law Firm = BenJarvus Green-Ellis (one of my all-time favourite Pats)

Worth noting that that's a nickname that came to the fans from the team

Excellent -- I totally forgot that one!

He is of course also BJGE.

And in a Pats context, Woody is still Danny Woodhead.

Not used much any more, but Chucky is Jon Gruden, due to a facial resemblance to the horror-movie doll.

"Hog" Hannah
"All World" Russ Francis, thank you Howard Cossell
"Squish the Fish"... first Pats T-shirt in a time when Pats memorabilia just did not exist.
"The Razor"... that yuppified stadium that the Pats play in..
Sam "bam" Cunningham..
"The Patsies"... a team that existed in Foxboro before the current ownership took it over.

Last edited:
I don't know who first came up with it, but I remember first hearing about it with Laurence Maroney.
it was before LW, he Was a good example.

I'm not positive, but I always thought it was in reference to Samuel L. Jacksons character in "Unbreakable".

"He's got a jaw made out of glass" is a much older boxing expression. See Smith, Geno.

"Bingo" or "We got bingo!" = Troy Brown (Super Bowl celebration)

"Full Tilt, Full Time" = Tedy Bruschi (there's a fan story there that PatsWickedPissah knows better than I do)

I'm not big on insulting nicknames for Pats players, but

"Max 'Turnstile' Lane" is a piece of genius. :)

"He's got a jaw made out of glass" is a much older boxing expression. See Smith, Geno.
joe3.gif

By the way, Bruschi has made it clear that he prefers only his closer friends to call him "Bru". He tolerates fans doing so, however, but he grumbles when he does.

Dog faker....not sure what this meant exactly, but it was BAD.

Made of glass.....used to describe an oft injured player. I'd like to know who came up with it and who it was referencing.

Glass I Dowling says hi.

Glass I Dowling says hi.
Made of glass was in use when i came here in august of 06. You've been here since '08, so it was used LONG before dowling prove glass worthy.

The Twig
Deion Branch

Made of glass was in use when i came here in august of 06. You've been here since '08, so it was used LONG before dowling prove glass worthy.

No, I just mean he says "Hi". :)

Also, was lurking here a few years before joined, so if I were to testify to recall... Agreed, it was more of a general term used insultingly across eras and teams for oft-injured players. Agreed, as mentioned, became a more popular insult after Mr. Glass become a meme. Used on Maroney a few times, but Dancer took over. Also on a few misc. others. However Ras I. D. was the Pats guy that took the meme to a whole new level when it was included as part of his moniker and accepted into general use around PF. Ahh, Memory Lane.

Last edited:
No, I just mean he says "Hi". :)

Also, was lurking here a few years before joined, so if I were to testify to recall... Agreed, it was more of a general term used insultingly across eras and teams for oft-injured players. Agreed, as mentioned, became a more popular insult after Mr. Glass become a meme. Used on Maroney a few times, but Dancer took over. Also on a few misc. others. However Ras I. D. was the Pats guy that took the meme to a whole new level when it was included as part of his moniker and accepted into general use around PF. Ahh, Memory Lane.
He Is the poster child for glass, or better yet fine china.

Way back in the 70s, the Patriots signed a Canadian Football League castoff named Mack Herron. In section 22 of Schaefer Stadium, we used to call him Smack Heroin due to his Irsay-like appetite for recreational pharmaceuticals.

On another note, I am continuing my lonely crusade to have the word Goodell banned as the vile obscenity that it is, and that the commissioner's name heretofore be the more accurate and descriptive Scheisskopf.

Were the great Joseph Heller still alive, he might be tempted to write a satirical send-up the the modern day NFL entitled Article 46. Then again, it is entirely possible that Mr. Heller might have deemed the machinations of the NFL too strange for satire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back