PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glossary of insults and nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borges..............."He who punches cripples"
P. Manning.........Horseface Manning...aka...Horsehead Manning.......PayMeATon....The Manning Face
Wrecks Ryan
Robert Kraft......Krafty Kraft......aka Vodka Gimlet Bob......Kavin Krafty....."He who sits in booster chair"
Jonathan Kraft.......The Not So Stupid Kraft......Lucky Sperm
Roger Goodell........Mein Fuhrer....aka.....Pinocchio...aka.... Roger the Dodger
Dave Wannstedt......The Wannstache

"The Muppet Emperor" -Sherman
"Horsefaced Killah", "Chompers", "Secretariat", or any references to apples and sugar cubes -Elway
"ISIS" - TJ Ward

We can probably use a glossary thread. I'll get it started, and perhaps others can add detail or otherwise pitch in.

1. CHB = Curly-Haired Boyfriend = Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe. He got the nickname from Red Sox player Carl Everett, himself a bit of a loony.

2. MCI seems to be a recent coinage in imitation of "CHB", to describe Ben Volin, also of the Globe.

3. Any wordplay on "forehead" is likely to be a reference to Peyton Manning.

4. Any reference to a sexual foot fetish is likely to point to Rex Ryan, from the time when he was coach of the Jets and discovered to have posted a swingers ad in that vein. In a few cases the reference might actually be to a Wes Welker interview in which he made fun of Ryan's fetish.

5. Rex Ryan also had a Mark Sanchez tattoo. This sometimes gets mentioned.

6. The buttfumble is, of course, Sanchez' classic play.

7. A reference to "classy" is likely to be to LaDanian Tomlinson's dubious claim about how classy he was. It might also refer to his team at the time, the Chargers, aka the San Diego Classies.

8. The Murderer is of course Aaron Hernandez. Some murder references, however, may pertain instead to former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who pled to obstruction of justice in connection with the investigation of a murder that occurred shortly after his Super Bowl victory.

9. The Hoodie, of course, is, the famous wearer of such an article of clothing. (And I don't mean Josh McDaniels ...).

10. References to a traitor, especially Fredo (referencing The Godfather), are likely to be to Eric Mangini. Alternatively, they will clearly reference the name of the person being described, e.g. Benedict Kraft or Vinitraitor.

11. References to bug-eyes are likely to be to Reche Caldwell.

12. References to a Get Paid tattoo are surely to Asante Samuel.

13. References to being late for a practice due to snow may be to Brandon Spikes or Adalius Thomas.

14. Mevis is of course Darrelle Revis.

15. References, without a name attached, to an RB dancing being the line of scrimmage are probably to Laurence Maroney.

16. The Stomper or Stompy is Brandon Meriweather, based on a college incident that foreshadowed his dirty play in the pros.

17. Snide remarks about deer antler spray are likely references to Ray Lewis.
7. or Complainian Tomlinson

“Omahahahahahahha"= The beat down Manning received from the Seahawks in SB 48. It is my favorite of all time.

Mouth breather = Eli Manning aka She-li Manning

Reactions: TBR
Hootenanny generally has referred to Michael Hooman (not spelling his last name out)

And there's also "guy who owns secret pictures of BB" -Jake Bequette :D

What does MCI stand for?

I cant believe Adam Seward wasn't mentioned in the first page!!

Which btw equates to a player of epic ability, most desirable in all the land (hint: he didn't do a whole lot in nfl but a couple of times when he was an FA he was very much wanted by people on this site)

16. The Stomper or Stompy is Brandon Meriweather, based on a college incident that foreshadowed his dirty play in the pros.

Could have sworn that Stomper was Albert Haynesworth. I thought that Meriweather was the one who swung his helmet at another player..

Could have sworn that Stomper was Albert Haynesworth. I thought that Meriweather was the one who swung his helmet at another player..
i think it was haynsworth.

Made of glass.....used to describe an oft injured player. I'd like to know who came up with it and who it was referencing.

Google on Brandon Meriweather stomp

Google on Brandon Meriweather stomp
Google Albert Haynesworth Stomp.. Haynesworth stomped Guorode's head about 2 weeks before Meriweather..

Oh and who could forget "beef curtain" for before the 2011 season Patriots defensive line? Wasn't the wisest nickname choice ;)

Department of Defense.
Homeland defense
2004 defense.

• Randy Moss: The Freak (personally I like "1 clap" but I don't think that's ever been used for him)
  • Richard Seymour: Big Sey
  • Vince Wilfork: VW, Big Vince
  • Ted Washington: Mt. Washington

Made of glass.....used to describe an oft injured player. I'd like to know who came up with it and who it was referencing.

I'm not positive, but I always thought it was in reference to Samuel L. Jacksons character in "Unbreakable".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots