PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giardi: Sources near Pats fear 6-8 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the NFL wait 2-3 months before giving out punishment.

I bet if Brady gets 8 games, the overwhelming sentiment by the public is that Kraft used his buddy Goodell to get Brady a light sentence.

Hopefully just Brady is punished so it all gets overturned. Losing a draft pick would be a huge load of ****. How could chargers not get punished a pick then for stickumgate?

6-8 games and Goodell will be branded as a saint by everybody outside of new england.

Of course while many people will be thrilled I guarantee the majority will be saying Brady got off easy.

Regardless I think it will be 8 games and get appealed to 4 or 6.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
The news ticker on top says "Agent thinks Brady may not be punished". Is he seriously believing it ?
I agree with the agent. What's the point in imposing a harsh punishment only to have it virtually wiped away. It would make Roger look like more of an idiot than he does already.

The news ticker on top says "Agent thinks Brady may not be punished". Is he seriously believing it ?
Yes

On the NFL radio the mood was if a GM gets suspended 4 games for texting to assistant coaches Brady will get 8 games mim. Crazy.

Somehow I bet the ridiculously light penalty Goodell gave the Rats for tampering with Revis didn't make it into the discussion.

I don't really care what length of suspension the NFL decides on, because it's going to get appealed and is ABSOLUTELY going to court while they're at it.

There's a reason why just about every significant punishment Goodell's handed out under the PCP has been overturned on appeal.

Fixed your post.

If Brady doesn't fight this he will forever be known as a cheater. Ball in your court Brady.

I agree with the agent. What's the point in imposing a harsh punishment only to have it virtually wiped away. It would make Roger look like more of an idiot than he does already.
Well the point is his public standing for the people who hate the pats and brady(everyone) improves. If it gets thrown out in court, even then people will not blame goodell for it. Right now he will do anything to save face. If he had to hand out no punishment or light punishment he wouldve done it when the report was released not gauge public opinion.

6-8 games and Goodell will be branded as a saint by everybody outside of new england.

Of course while many people will be thrilled I guarantee the majority will be saying Brady got off easy.

Regardless I think it will be 8 games and get appealed to 4 or 6.

I disagree. Anything less than a year's suspension is going to get Goodell the same situation where he was with Spygate. Pats fans will be upset that Goodell went way overboard with his punishment and Patriots haters will say that Goodell took care of his Patriots with a light sentence.

I still will not be surprised if it is a full year suspension. Goodell got enough of the which way the wind is blowing and he will give a ruling accordingly. I expect the Pats to lose a high draft pick too.

How can the Pats lose a high draft pick if they were exonerated? You've said this numerous times and never answered.

is it a guarentee that brady would win a potential court case?

How can the Pats lose a high draft pick if they were exonerated? You've said this numerous times and never answered.

What if Goodell didn't suspend or fine Brady and only docked them draft picks?

Any appeal for that?

This scenario worries me. With the report of the punishment announcement possibly being delayed the league may be worried about how bad they could look in a lawsuit.

The already said Kraft and BB are in the clear, so losing draft picks would not be an appropriate punishment, but it the one with the least risk to the league's credibility.

is it a guarentee that brady would win a potential court case?

Nothing is guaranteed in the Cirque Du NFL, but I find it hard to believe that Vilma got his suspension overturned and yet the Wells report would stand up in Brady's case.

With no proof what-so-ever? I doubt it.

Since when does Goodells suspensions make sense? I guarantee Goodell is excited as a kid at chistmas morning right now waiting to dictate the punishment.

With the lack of clear evidence...anything more than first four games suspension would be excessive.

I was originally going to say a 1 or 2 game suspension but not turning over his phone may really piss the clueless wonder Jetdell off....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST