PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giardi: Sources near Pats fear 6-8 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point it's no absurd to imagine they will proceed with the suspension knowing that they will revert later. It's a process that is filling the pockets of a lot of people.

I agree with this post.

Goodell feels he has to show that he isn't Kraft's toady (in his and the haters' minds). He comes down hard on Brady to shut up that (majority) faction of the nation, knowing full well that the NFLPA will roll it back with an appeal.

It's like a negotiating process. Everyone gets to puff out their chests.

The news ticker on top says "Agent thinks Brady may not be punished". Is he seriously believing it ?

BTW, I see a 4 game suspension (during which the Patriots go 3-1) with Brady returning for.........the game on NBC Sunday Night October 18th against..............:cool:

Further, the last game of his suspension would be against the Cowboys in Dallas.

So, I see BB keeping the team on the road (like before the SD game last year) instead of returning home to NE that week to fully blast the comradery/us v the world angle to get Brady and the team ready to lay waste to Indy on National TV.

Last edited:
This is LUNACY. Brady should fight this ***holezz with everything he's got. scumbags wells and goodell p!ssed on all of Patriots players hard work, destroying their reputation. Fight Brady, don't let them taint your name and your hard work, or the other Patriots players hard work.

I hope this happens because then Brady will have no choice but to go to war over this. And it will also force Kraft to openly choose sides rather than ****y footing around like he has been. Brady needs to fight for his legacy, and whatever gets him to do that is, in the end, good.

Goodell is
images

I hope the Patriots fight this and embarass the league and Roger Goodell

If Brady is suspended for multiple games:

1. Brady will fight
2. If Brady somehow loses:

-Jimmy G will be worth multiple first round picks after the suspension
-We will have a winning record

#kisstherings

I'm going to cross this bridge only if we come to it, but a multi-game suspension would reasonably warrant a range of responses from Brady from fighting it through the appeals process to telling the League to **** itself and retiring.

I agree with this post.

Goodell feels he has to show that he isn't Kraft's toady (in his and the haters' minds). He comes down hard on Brady to shut up that (majority) faction of the nation, knowing full well that the NFLPA will roll it back with an appeal.

It's like a negotiating process. Everyone gets to puff out their chests.
Won't work. People will say he went too light by not suspending him a year and Goody is in Kraft's pocket big time.

If Brady is suspended for multiple games:

1. Brady will fight
2. If Brady somehow loses:

-Jimmy G will be worth multiple first round picks after the suspension
-We will have a winning record

#kisstherings
Yeah really! Cleveland will offer the Pats 2 firsts easily if Jimmy G gets to play four games and goes 3-1.

I'm willing to give up 3 or 4 8th round picks to make this go away.

I still will not be surprised if it is a full year suspension. Goodell got enough of the which way the wind is blowing and he will give a ruling accordingly. I expect the Pats to lose a high draft pick too.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
i wish tmz sports releases a conversation between goodell and wells and all those.

Let's not forget that this is the 24 hour a day news cycle and that every reporter out there is trying to "scoop" one another. Can we just wait until the actual punishment is handed down?

I don't really care what length of suspension the NFL decides on, because it's going to get appealed and is probably going to court while they're at it. Longer suspension just gives Brady more incentive to go absolutely postal on the league. No coincidence that they're already publicly building their case for there being malice behind this report- a suspension just makes monetary damages super easy to prove.

There's a reason why just about every significant punishment Goodell's handed out under the PCP has been overturned on appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST