PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get the KC pick at #5 to get Chris Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradyToMoss

This is a draft scenario that I see playing out

http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Mock-Draft-2008

Give the Chiefs one of our 3rd round picks if we have to, but we all know they want Ryan or Brohm, if Long gets past Oakland, I would give up one of those 3rd round picks to jump in front of the Jets

My God...that site even has a 2008 NHL mock draft...not to mention baseball and Lacrosse.

now those are some draftniks

They list our team needs as CB, LB and WR.

Assuming Troy retires, are they thinking Washington, Stallworth and Moss all leave as free agents?

Assuming Troy retires, are they thinking Washington, Stallworth and Moss all leave as free agents?

Probably, haven't updated it since last year

Well I think it shows insight on their part, because all three would likely have to agree to new deals to be in the fold next year. Moss is a free agent, and Washington and Stallworth are overpriced for next year and can be cut on the cheap.

Well I think it shows insight on their part, because all three would likely have to agree to new deals to be in the fold next year. Moss is a free agent, and Washington and Stallworth are overpriced for next year and can be cut on the cheap.

I agree. At this second, I would say that our 2008 WR corps lines up Moss, Jackson, Welker, Gaffney, Childress. I think a young WR would be very desireable, although I don't see the need to reach for one on the first day.

And Gaffney, too. So they're right, really -- WR is a major need, we're all just assuming it will be filled in free agency. (Like Dryheat, my money's on Moss & Gaffney.)

CB is the position that scares me most for 2008.

We seem to have a lot of room under the cap. Signing two of three from Samuel, Moss and FA LB should be easy enough.

Miguel has us at about $93m for next year (some 48 players) with a projected cap north of $115m. Take Donte's $6m, Washington's $2m and Eckels $6m off and we have about $25m to fill out our roster. That's before any restructures of Tom's $15m, Colvin's $7m, Sey's $9m and Rodney's $4m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft