PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Myers Final Preseason Wrap of Deflategate in today's NYDaily News

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Myers began attacking Goodell and acting more "pro Brady" than many in the Boston media months ago. He's writing for a New York audience, so, of course, we're not going to agree with everything he writes, but I'd put him above Volin, MacMullan and certainly the CHB for his support of justice in this whole mess. Clearly not in the same category as Sally Jenkins and Florio after his "conversion," but few nationally are.

My favorite quotes from today's piece:

"The last time the Patriots were this pissed off was 2007... Brady is going to take out his anger with Goodell on the rest of the league, especially the Colts, who started this nonsense. They play in Indy on Oct. 18, the nine-month anniversary of DeflateGate. The NFL record for points in a game is 72 set by Washington against the Giants in 1966. That record is officially in jeopardy." (my emphasis)

"Patriots owner Robert Kraft gave up his DeflateGate fight against the league in May, accepting a $1 million fine and the loss of first and fourth-round picks, hoping it would buy Brady’s freedom. Didn’t work. Jonathan Kraft, the Pats president, said after the Brady ruling that the team won’t try to get back the money and the picks. I think that could change." (I include that only because Myers is so tight with the League office that it's possible he knows something that the rest of us don't)

"...it is time for [Goodell] to stop clinging to Article 46 of the CBA giving him final say as the hearings officer over integrity of the game and conduct detrimental issues. Sure, it was part of the first CBA back in 1968, but these are clearly more complicated times."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/myers-goodell-brady-post-deflategate-article-1.2349951

Perhaps when the psi readings invalidate the premise of the Wells investigation, that will be the time to revisit the picks. The science is our friend.

You mean the ones that the league will undoubtedly manipulate to their advantage? I'm not going to hold my breath.

If I am Kraft I am demanding good documentation. Member of the media ought to be curious also.

I heard L Munson last night, what a jerk telling bald face lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick