PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Guyton...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I take that back! Gary Guyton sucks and he should not be on any NFL team. :D
I'd still better arrange to sacrifice a live chicken, just in case. ;)

And appeared to be #4 ILB on the depth chart to start the season. You need to rent the movie Kelly's Heroes and get your positive attitude tune-up. :p
He needs to rent Kellys Hero's to get rid of dem Negative Vibes man,. Always with those Negative Vibes.

I think there was a lot of talk on Guyton during final roster cutdowns. I was in favor of keeping him for his athleticism and speed. Apparently BB agreed. I don't think Guyton would have passed waivers to the PS. It's good to see him contributing in the 'speed' packages. Field coverage has been a weakness for the Pats the past 2 seasons.

Gary Guyton is so tight because he ran a 4.47 and he was undrafted! I hope he leads the team in tackles.
Oh no, here we go with the "tight" stuff again - how did that work out for Chad Jackson? PS This is just gentle friendly chiding, don't go off on me! :D

He needs to rent Kellys Hero's to get rid of dem Negative Vibes man,. Always with those Negative Vibes.
"Woof, woof, woof, woof. That's my other dog imitation."

Part of it was just getting more speed on the field :

New-look speed package - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

For an UDFA to play this much is very impressive; it looks like Mayo and Guyton just might be our long term ILB.

That would be awesome, but which of the two do you see playing strong side? I haven't watched closely enough, so are either of them busting up the opposition's G's? It makes since that he could fill the hybrid void, but I think as long term 3-down ILB's both Mayo and Guyton seem to fit the weak side mold.

With any luck we have a second coming of Ted Johnson... only faster.

That would be awesome, but which of the two do you see playing strong side? I haven't watched closely enough, so are either of them busting up the opposition's G's? It makes since that he could fill the hybrid void, but I think as long term 3-down ILB's both Mayo and Guyton seem to fit the weak side mold.

With any luck we have a second coming of Ted Johnson... only faster.
I don't see Guyton as another TJ. As for the future, both he and Mayo need to bulk up and get stronger - Guyton came out rather low on the 225 lb reps at the Combine - so I hope he keeps getting game reps and learning, but I hope he doesn't need to start until Woicik, Nash, and Davis have him ready to take the pounding.

I don't see Guyton as another TJ. As for the future, both he and Mayo need to bulk up and get stronger - Guyton came out rather low on the 225 lb reps at the Combine - so I hope he keeps getting game reps and learning, but I hope he doesn't need to start until Woicik, Nash, and Davis have him ready to take the pounding.

The fact that Guyton didn't get drafted, in part because of his poor bench press numbers, proves how worthless a measurement that is. Guyton has very long arms, which puts him at a significant disadvantage when pressing like that. If you watched him at Georgia Tech, it was easy to see that he had excellent functional strength on the field. I thought he'd go in the third or fourth round, and he ends up slipping because of that garbage strength test.

The fact that Guyton didn't get drafted, in part because of his poor bench press numbers, proves how worthless a measurement that is. Guyton has very long arms, which puts him at a significant disadvantage when pressing like that. If you watched him at Georgia Tech, it was easy to see that he had excellent functional strength on the field. I thought he'd go in the third or fourth round, and he ends up slipping because of that garbage strength test.
I had him on my mid-round board, but heh, 32 GMs can't be wrong...however, if they are, I'm really happy that he signed with NE. :D

"Woof, woof, woof, woof. That's my other dog imitation."
I've use that since i saw the movie many many years ago same woof then thats my other dog bark but no one gets it.

I really like that movie,but i think its more of a cult classic not enough people have seen it or remember it to know the lines or quotes from the movie. So its just barking in the wind or up a tree.

Last edited:
That would be awesome, but which of the two do you see playing strong side?

From the NFL combine site
Overview

Veteran outside linebacker with experience at the weak-side and strong-side positions

Apparently Guyton has the versatility to play both positions. I'm completely fine with that :)

I've use that since i saw the movie many many years ago same woof then thats my other dog bark but no one gets it.

I really like that movie,but i think its more of a cult classic not enough people have seen it or remember it to know the lines or quotes from the movie. So its just barking in the wind or up a tree.

if you saw the movie, you'd know it's "negative WAVES"...not vibes....info provided by your friendly neighborhood "Crapgame" :)

Last edited:
if you saw the movie, you'd know it's "negative WAVES"...not vibes....info provided by your friendly neighborhood "Crapgame" :)
I was sure you were "Cowboy."

At least when they call you "Oddball" you can take comfort in their deep knowledge of movie trivia.

I swear he uses vibes, but i haven't seen the movie in maybe ten years so......Stop hitting me with those negitive waves moriarty.

Last edited:
heh....saw the movie last week on AMC.....woof...woof..woof..

I swear he uses vibes, but i haven't seen the mivie in maybe ten years so......Stop hitting me with those negitive waves moriarty.
"Why don't you say something that's righteous and beautiful?"

heh....saw the movie last week on AMC.....woof...woof..woof..
I've got it recorded around here somewhere (the joy of moving). I may even have it on DVD and I think I have the book (I just can't remember if it was a novel from the screen play or the basis for the movie).

Oddball2.jpg

Oddball action figure...only 150 bucks...I swear...heh heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes