PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Guyton...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why don't you say something that's righteous and beautiful?"
It made my Heart Soar like an Eagle today as the patriots beat the 9ers.
Or I think I know how we can take the town.....
Crazy! I mean like so many positive waves maybe we can't lose! You're on!

Last edited:
ODDBALLSAYSsilkscreen.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no, here we go with the "tight" stuff again - how did that work out for Chad Jackson? PS This is just gentle friendly chiding, don't go off on me! :D

I really did think Jackson was going to be a star. However, I was just joking about Guyton. But seriously, I think were all rooting for Guyton because he was undrafted and posted insane numbers at the combine.

I really did think Jackson was going to be a star. However, I was just joking about Guyton. But seriously, I think were all rooting for Guyton because he was undrafted and posted insane numbers at the combine.
But what this this have to do with Kellys heros :confused: :D

I saw Guyton make a nice play on Special Teams which wasn't unusual, but then noticed him make some tackles on defense and really took notice that he was out there. I loved him in training camp and was hoping he would make the team; I'm glad he did. He really looks like a player, and I'm looking forward to watching him develop.

For Guyton to be out there contributing other than ST says a lot about what the coaches think about him. He made a nice one-on-one tackle near the goal line and showed up near the ball a couple of times yesterday in defense. His PT has increased as the season has gone on, showing that he is learning and improving AND most importantly, the coaches have noticed and are rewarding him with increased PT.

Not to get too ahead of myself, but I see him and Mayo as our ILBs of the future IF they can keep on developing and getting better.

(That IF is big because I remember when Geno started his second game and we all thought he was a future Pro Bowler and he never developed further along.)

I am now going to have to see Kelly's Heros again. It has been at least 20 years. The UDFA of war flicks?

I always thought it was better than The Green Berets. Not bad but John Wayne and the Theme song created alot of hype. So it goes in the first round. Overvalued.

For Guyton to be out there contributing other than ST says a lot about what the coaches think about him. He made a nice one-on-one tackle near the goal line and showed up near the ball a couple of times yesterday in defense. His PT has increased as the season has gone on, showing that he is learning and improving AND most importantly, the coaches have noticed and are rewarding him with increased PT.

Not to get too ahead of myself, but I see him and Mayo as our ILBs of the future IF they can keep on developing and getting better.

(That IF is big because I remember when Geno started his second game and we all thought he was a future Pro Bowler and he never developed further along.)

Yes, a big IF, but I agree. It's frightening to think that the Patriots might have just gotten an entire crop of LBs in a single draft (Mayo and Guyton are already contributing, the Pats seem to like Crable and Redd, and they've got Ruud on the Woicik plan). Add one or two more next year and. . . . :D

Living in Atlanta, a good friend of mine knows Georgia Tech grad Gary Guyton. In fact, my friend had Guyton's ticket at the home opener against the Chiefs. Sitting with Guyton's agent during the game, the agent said BB really likes Gary. Guyton knew two days before the final cut that he'd made the team.

There seems to be an understanding that if Tedy retires after this season, Guyton is penciled in by BB as the starter. Teamed with Mayo, the Pats would be young and fast at ILB.

There seems to be an understanding that if Tedy retires after this season, Guyton is penciled in by BB as the starter. Teamed with Mayo, the Pats would be young and fast at ILB.

I hope Guyton doesn't get ahead of himself here. There's still a long way to go before he's declared a starter.

Living in Atlanta, a good friend of mine knows Georgia Tech grad Gary Guyton. In fact, my friend had Guyton's ticket at the home opener against the Chiefs. Sitting with Guyton's agent during the game, the agent said BB really likes Gary. Guyton knew two days before the final cut that he'd made the team.

That's very encouraging news but I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

What movie is that from and who said it?
Well I may be in my normal state of confusion, but I believe that was Donald Sutherland as "Oddball" speaking to Gavin McCloud as "Moriarity" during the scene where the tankers are reacting to the report of Tiger tanks guarding the bank in the village. I believe Moriarity's response was "Crap!" As you might have guessed, the movie being discussed is Kelly's Heroes starring Clint Eastwood and Telly Savalas.

poor Babra...Joe always calling him Barbara

I hope Guyton doesn't get ahead of himself here. There's still a long way to go before he's declared a starter.

even though...

i think taht may give us the fastest ILB tandem in teh NFL...

how things cahnge

Last edited:
Guyton still has to earn it. I wouldn't take anything for granted if I were him. The development of the young linebackers is going to be a good story to watch this season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back