PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo isn't gonna win fans over with this comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't change the fact that there is now a headline of "Garoppolo was excited when he found out Brady would accept his suspension" out there. People won't bother to go listening to the audio of the interview they'll see that headline and think he was excited at the expense of Brady.
Only if they're as dumb as s#!t.

Do I criticize him for feeling excited at the opportunity to start and prove himself? Not at all.

Do I think his choice of words was ideal? No. I'd have suggested "enthusiastic" or "eager to prove myself" over "excited," but he's what, 24 years old? Cut him some slack.

Do I think it's a big deal? No. As someone else pointed out above, if I had to choose between his saying that he's "excited" and saying that he's "scared," I'll take excited any day.

I care about what he does on the field not what he says.

The article mischaracterized the interview.

He clearly was genuinely respectful and complimentary of Brady.

They should have asked a follow-up question before writing that crap article.

The article mischaracterized the interview.

He clearly was genuinely respectful and complimentary of Brady.

They should have asked a follow-up question before writing that crap article.
I find most of the "journalists" who write on CSNNE, Perry among them, to be lazy and generally to do bad reporting. I think they are for the most part sports enthusiasts who know how to spell but who can't get real jobs.

I really never take anything seriously that they write and, if they're characterizing something that I can check out, I always "check the source." That, of course, assumes that I wasted my time reading them in the first place.

Not sure if fans want little hands clapping inside over this comment, are outraged because Garrapolo is a competitor..

Can you imagine, " I am really not sure if I am ready for this??"

I'd be excited as well. The guy joined the NFL to play, not sit on the bench every week.

Of course he was excited about it. He has been looking forward to this day for 10 years. These four games give him the opportunity to make some serious money in 18 months. He gave an honest answer,and the one I would have expected to hear and the answer I would have given myself. Brady is a great qb, how would anyone like their career path to be blocked by him.

This is a "take" post is what you expect to hear on sports radio.

I thought he should have qualified it but I will give him a pass. It was his first real interview and I can't blame him for either being excited or forgetting to call bullsh!t on the Brady suspension, and I have no doubt Brady will give him a pass on it.

There is not a pass that needs to be given. By Brady or anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST