PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garoppolo isn't gonna win fans over with this comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those situations where we all say "Well, what was he supposed to say, that he's scared?!" Like I used to say when talking to Jets fans who said the same thing when Rex would mouth off: "How about just don't say anything at all?" I don't hate him for it but this is one of those moments where it's just best to not answer than to be honest

He could have preferenced by saying it's infortunate that Tom can't start but....

I'm disappointed in your characterization of his response. It's available,on demand on WEEI.com. I defy anyone to listen to that interview and contend he said anything wrong. He didn't. He could not have been more respectful to Brady.

Doesn't change the fact that there is now a headline of "Garoppolo was excited when he found out Brady would accept his suspension" out there. People won't bother to go listening to the audio of the interview they'll see that headline and think he was excited at the expense of Brady.

Doesn't change the fact that there is now a headline of "Garoppolo was excited when he found out Brady would accept his suspension" out there. People won't bother to go listening to the audio of the interview they'll see that headline and think he was excited at the expense of Brady.
Won't be long before Squeeky and the Douche talk about how Jimmy's guilty conscience was finally relieved when Brady fessed up.

Well, rather than perpetuate the misinformation, you could have provided correct clarification. And you didn't. You created the headline HERE. Only you know if that was intentionally deceptive. My contention is that anyone who heard that interview, and it's available on demand so people can come to their own conclusions even now, and concluded that JG was being in anyway disrespectful to Brady is full of ****. Case closed.

No issue with this, the politically correct thing to say would have been "I was excited for the opportunity to start these 4 games".

I'm outraged beyond words. Cut him, kill his family, run over his dog, then give him the 'To the Pain' treatment from the Princess Bride. Then stomp on his ****.

You're far too kind!

No issue with this, the politically correct thing to say would have been "I was excited for the opportunity to start these 4 games".
That's nearly verbatim what he did say.

I'm outraged beyond words. Cut him, kill his family, run over his dog, then give him the 'To the Pain' treatment from the Princess Bride. Then stomp on his ****.
But don't hurt his throwing arm.

Well, rather than perpetuate the misinformation, you could have provided correct clarification. And you didn't. You created the headline HERE. Only you know if that was intentionally deceptive. My contention is that anyone who heard that interview, and it's available on demand so people can come to their own conclusions even now, and concluded that JG was being in anyway disrespectful to Brady is full of ****. Case closed.

Just listened to the interview which required me to tolerate Tangass but I agree with you. He wasn't excited about Brady's suspension rather was just excited about the opportunity to start. Further he was extremely complimentary of Brady.

So now I wish Brady did high five him after Butler's interception. :eek:

What a crappy misleading .

Do I criticize him for feeling excited at the opportunity to start and prove himself? Not at all.

Do I think his choice of words was ideal? No. I'd have suggested "enthusiastic" or "eager to prove myself" over "excited," but he's what, 24 years old? Cut him some slack.

Do I think it's a big deal? No. As someone else pointed out above, if I had to choose between his saying that he's "excited" and saying that he's "scared," I'll take excited any day.

I care about what he does on the field not what he says.

Better get to Twitter and shame him.
For the life of me I can't understand why any athlete/celeb would ever open there mouth publicly knowing they have to deal with the perpetually affronted.
This snowflake generation is hopeless.
Snowflake generation? He's from it, he was respectful, it's guys from F and M's age group that are affronted. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back