PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thoughts: Who really gives a crap edition, it is only preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2013 Solder allowed 35 combined sacks, hits and hurries and that was sixth-best of left Tackles with 500 snaps or more. He pass blocked 647 times and gave up just 35 quarterback disruptions. That is 5.4 % which is excellent

His rookie year - 13 starts 880 snaps and allowed only 3 sacks and 4 pressures. And only 5 penalties. Again, his rookie year.

2012 he pretty much played the whole season and all snaps. He allowed 4 sacks and 10 QB hits

I dont know. With those kind of stats he has probably played an excellent game or two somewhere.

This is great information.. Where did you get it from? Do you have a link you can share?

I do not give a crap, it is only preseason.

dat oline tho

10 sacks isn't great. That accounts for 25% of the ones allowed. That being said, he was playing injured for a good portion of the 2nd half of the season.. Hopefully we see an improvement, otherwise the Pats could be moving on..

Thanks.. Now, I need you to do another favor. Go back to your other post and put the link there and make mention that is where you copied the information from. Appreciate it..

Why?

Bruins29 - Also, just a point of information. Kontradiction was correct to point out about Pro Football Focus to you. Firstfantasy.com states, specifically in that Solder page, that they got their information from ProfootballFocus.com. You have to be careful what information you use from them because they have made up many things. That being said, in this case, The information regarding the number of snaps is good. The number of Sacks, hurries and knockdowns allowed is probably not.

Game thought: Roche S-U-C-K-S......Mallet S-U-C-K-S

Bruins29 - Also, just a point of information. Kontradiction was correct to point out about Pro Football Focus to you. Firstfantasy.com states, specifically in that Solder page, that they got their information from ProfootballFocus.com. You have to be careful what information you use from them because they have made up many things. That being said, in this case, The information regarding the number of snaps is good. The number of Sacks, hurries and knockdowns allowed is probably not.

Ok, I wasnt sure if it was legit info and I tried to paraphrase as we all quote stats constantly here. It did seem helpful in determining Solders ability as a LT.

Bottom line, I dont think he is as bad as some are making him out to be.

Solder is a franchise LT. Does he have areas where he could improve? Yes, but overall he is not a concern.

I have to say this: After listening to those two bloviators in the booth last night, I was longing for the days of Jerry Glanville.

At least HIS color commentary was colorful.

How so we have people claiming Soldier is Awesome and Kontra saying he has never had an excellent game?????

Kontra is this like the time you were trying to convince Andy Johnson and I that Jabbar Gafney's best years as a pro were with the Pats when his statistics clearly showed they were not?

OK, So Hael and his post above about NS is completely off. The numbers dont mean a thing and I am also deluded.

Ok, just trying to piece this all together.

1. I'm not sure where Hael is getting those numbers from or what he's basing that on.

2. You're in the process of constructing a nice straw man here.

10 sacks isn't great. That accounts for 25% of the ones allowed. That being said, he was playing injured for a good portion of the 2nd half of the season.. Hopefully we see an improvement, otherwise the Pats could be moving on..
I would say that Solder is matched up with the other team's best pass rusher 80-90% of the time so when you consider that him allowing 25% of the teams sacks given up is not that shocking.

That's why I don't think that they should deviate from what the Seahawks were doing. Dare the refs to slow the game to a snail's pace. If they do, it's only a matter of time before fans reign down Hell on Goodell's office and it's changed. If they don't, defenses will be allowed to play.

I agree. I heard that the penalties were up 660% from last season after the first preseason game. They called something lik 6 illegal contact penalties in the Pats game, average around the league was 5.7. The league average last year was 0.86. Let's see how they like doing that going forward. I'm pretty sure they'll mostly be over it by the time Browner's suspension is up. Although they'll probably hit him a few times extra after he comes back just to be ****s.

1. I'm not sure where Hael is getting those numbers from or what he's basing that on.

2. You're in the process of constructing a nice straw man here.

Strawman or not it seems some people here disagree with you (imagine that). Seems that some writers and some NFL websites do too. Hmmmmm. What we are determining here is if its possible that Nate Soldier had an excellent game at one point in his career. You say NO. I say YES. Given the accolades he has been receiving (and the solid numbers he has - assuming they are right) I would have to says probably yes. Now I dont care if I am right because I win nothing. I am just trying to determine why you think the guys is not so great.

Now, I will assume that you see all the games. I will also assume that you dont necessarily focus on just Nate Soldier. However you are making a pretty bold claim and sticking to it pretty ferociously even though a lot of opinions and data show that your claim is wrong. Or wrong in the context in that he has only had very good games which kept his average at bay and not some excellent games and some not so great which would keep him at the same very good level. Its kinda a numbers thing.

So, my question is to you. Is this going to be like the time Andy Johnson and I tried to convince you that Jabbar Gaffney's best year was not as a Pat. But because you had made the claim that they were you were trying to stick to your guns despite all the evidence showing that your claim was false.

If it is bro just tell me. I dont want to go down another road like that because maybe you dont want to admit you may have been wrong and would rather just drag out the process with tap dancing, spin-o-ramas and goal post moving. Whatever man...I just dont have time for that. And BTW I would be the first to admit I was wrong if I made a claim....That is me though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft