PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fun, curious, and/or ironic facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Pats are know for their offensive wagon with one of the best passing attacks in the league. A team that disappoints when they don't get over 30 points. So I found these numbers to be kind of interesting to me because they really point out how the sum is always greater than the individuals. parts.

I went over to the NFL stats page to see exactly how many yards Mitchell had and where he ranked. I was kind of suprised to see Edelman ranked 38 and he was the only Patriot in the top 50

Here are how the Pats receivers rank in the league in yards

#38 - Edelman

# 51 - Gronk

# 52 Bennett

# 67 - Hogan

# 98 - White

# 148 Mitchell

# 150 - Amendola

Not exactly great stats if you were looking at it strictly from an individual basis. Maybe its because they their starting QB is now up to #27 in passing yards, thanks to our good friend Roger Goodell. :rolleyes:

Any ways I thought this would be a good object lesson in how having "elite" individual receivers doesn't necessarily make for great team results, as we have seen so often with guys like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshal, etc, etc. Now of course Gronk is an "elite" receiver by any definition, but witin the cntext of this particular offense, we aren't going to see great numbers from our guys.. Also it is a good example of how some stats, taken out of context can tell the wrong story

BTW- For some reason I thought Mitchell had close to 300 yds, but according to this, he just has 235

The Pats are know for their offensive wagon with one of the best passing attacks in the league. A team that disappoints when they don't get over 30 points. So I found these numbers to be kind of interesting to me because they really point out how the sum is always greater than the individuals. parts.

I went over to the NFL stats page to see exactly how many yards Mitchell had and where he ranked. I was kind of suprised to see Edelman ranked 38 and he was the only Patriot in the top 50

Here are how the Pats receivers rank in the league in yards

#38 - Edelman

# 51 - Gronk

# 52 Bennett

# 67 - Hogan

# 98 - White

# 148 Mitchell

# 150 - Amendola

Not exactly great stats if you were looking at it strictly from an individual basis. Maybe its because they their starting QB is now up to #27 in passing yards, thanks to our good friend Roger Goodell. :rolleyes:

Any ways I thought this would be a good object lesson in how having "elite" individual receivers doesn't necessarily make for great team results, as we have seen so often with guys like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshal, etc, etc. Now of course Gronk is an "elite" receiver by any definition, but witin the cntext of this particular offense, we aren't going to see great numbers from our guys.. Also it is a good example of how some stats, taken out of context can tell the wrong story

BTW- For some reason I thought Mitchell had close to 300 yds, but according to this, he just has 235
As long as Tom continues to spread the ball around, and keeps the running backs involved, I'm very confident.

Stats can be misleading; but I'll always believe Randy and Wes deserved at least one ring from their time here...

It's good that Brady has many options with the new Russell Wilson/Kam Chancellor violent hit rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back