PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From PFT: Raiders in pursuit of McNabb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Al is reportedly still clinging to the JaMarcus Russell bandwaggon so this really doesn't make nearly as much sense as the Eagles leaking a lot of interest to try and drive the price up for the likliest landing spot which is Arizona. Wisenhut can't stand Leinart and I don't think he has any intention of starting the season with him as his #1 on the heels of his own new extension. They had no issue paying Warner 2/$25M to get just another season out of him. The Viqueens would be another ideal landing spot if they weren't stuck in a holding pattern over Kiln, Mississippi...

I agree. McNabb will never extend in Oakland, so trading for him makes little sense. I was unaware of the Whisenhunt - Leinert animosity, making the logical move of McNabb to Arizona even more logical. I like all this stuff coming out now; it's kinda funny.

The Raiders getting McNabb would be disastrous for us. After seeing the efficiency in which we re-signed our guys in this offseason, and given our salary situation, we still have plenty of $$ to spend, I don't see any reason why we couldn't have signed Wilfork and Seymour. The notion that we were only trading one season of Seymour's services away just looks false right now.

And with that in mind, if the Raiders go out and add McNabb to a team which, while quite dysfunctional, has pretty decent talent, they could go somewhere in the 8-8 realm. If we moved Seymour for a pick between 15-20, I won't be happy.

Just look at it this way. Is there a player in this year's draft you would trade Seymour straight up for? There really aren't many at all. You could say Suh, but ironically, he's often compared to Seymour in terms of his play, size, versatility, etc. Let's face it, we traded our best defensive player for a pick that we thought was going to be top 5, and with or without the McNabb trade, it just might not be. And I don't think it was worth it at all. I'm normally an optimist, but more and more, I strongly dislike the Seymour trade and feel it never should've been made. We unnecessarily broke up the core of this defense during the prime years of Brady's career, for a pick that may not be as high as we think, in a season in which there might not even be football.

Last edited:
The Raiders getting McNabb would be disastrous for us. After seeing the efficiency in which we re-signed our guys in this offseason, and given our salary situation, we still have plenty of $$ to spend, I don't see any reason why we couldn't have signed Wilfork and Seymour. The notion that we were only trading one season of Seymour's services away just looks false right now.

And with that in mind, if the Raiders go out and add McNabb to a team which, while quite dysfunctional, has pretty decent talent, they could go somewhere in the 8-8 realm. If we moved Seymour for a pick between 15-20, I won't be happy.

Just look at it this way. Is there a player in this year's draft you would trade Seymour straight up for? There really aren't many at all. You could say Suh, but ironically, he's often compared to Seymour in terms of his play, size, versatility, etc. Let's face it, we traded our best defensive player for a pick that we thought was going to be top 5, and with or without the McNabb trade, it just might not be. And I don't think it was worth it at all. I'm normally an optimist, but more and more, I strongly dislike the Seymour trade and feel it never should've been made. We unnecessarily broke up the core of this defense during the prime years of Brady's career, for a pick that may not be as high as we think, in a season in which there might not even be football.

Sorry no one yelled "duck" when the sky was falling this morning. I'd go back on the valium if I were you. Seymour would have been here this year and gone....

it would not have been as efficient w/ Seymour in the mix.

(resigning) that is^

a top 44 pick must be included for a McNabb Trade to occur.

Let's hope Big Al see's the importance of a 2 in this Draft.

-Can Al afford Mcnabb's new contract in '11.
-he is already paying top dollar for numerous other players

edit- uncertain CBA looms.... Salary Cap will be back.

Last edited:
I just heard that Minn. is now interested in McNabb, that their getting tired of Farve, and his annual indecision concerning retirement.
Thats pretty sad, trading one choke artist for another.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to predict a record until I saw how McNabb was integrating, but the Raiders have a workable schedule this year:

Broncos/Chargers/Chiefs *2
Colts
Texans
Rams
LOLphins
Seahawks
Steelers
Titans
Jaguars
Cardinals
49ers

Of course they play the NFC West this year :rolleyes:

I just heard that Minn. is now interested in McNabb. That their getting tired of Farve, and his not deciding wheather hes going to retire or not.

Donovan McNabb-QB-Eagles Mar. 26 - 9:47 am et

The Vikings are Donovan McNabb's first choice for a trade partner, according to beat writer Jeff McLane.
All indications thus far have Brett Favre returning for one more season. Even if he doesn't return, though, the Vikes aren't likely to find out until summer time, when McNabb is already long gone from the Eagles. McNabb would also be "open" to a trade to San Francisco, according to one source.
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
Related: Vikings, 49ers

from roto.... to add to reflex's

Donovan McNabb-QB-Eagles Mar. 26 - 9:47 am et

The Vikings are Donovan McNabb's first choice for a trade partner, according to beat writer Jeff McLane.
All indications thus far have Brett Favre returning for one more season. Even if he doesn't return, though, the Vikes aren't likely to find out until summer time, when McNabb is already long gone from the Eagles. McNabb would also be "open" to a trade to San Francisco, according to one source.
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
Related: Vikings, 49ers

from roto.... to add to reflex's

The scenario is very believable. McNabb knows the offense. He had a good relationship with Childress...

Another BB Brain Fart, outsmarted himself again !

How would the #8 pick look this year instead of maybe the #21-24 next year with McNabb ?

The scenario is very believable. McNabb knows the offense. He had a good relationship with Childress...

LOL Chilly is about to squeeze Favre into making that decision they said they were in no rush for him to make...

How would the #8 pick look this year instead of maybe the #21-24 next year with McNabb ?

You'll rescind this premature ejaculation once McNabb signs with Minn or SF, right?

LOL Chilly is about to squeeze Favre into making that decision they said they were in no rush for him to make...

No question. Looks like ole Brett needs to get off the John Deere and ask his 12 year old daughter what he should do.

Brain farts abound...among the ignorant. The #8 pick was never on the table. It was their second rounder this year or their first in 2011. Seeing as we already had 3 #2's this season, and seeing as there will be a rookie contract cap in 2011 that will save teams tens of millions in bonus or guaranteed money at the top of the draft, whether it's part of a new CBA or the owners rules that will apply absent one, the #1 in 2011 made more sense. The goal here every season is to end up with the last pick in that round based on performance. To land a bonafide potential HOF tackle, on offense or defense, you need to be in top ten range. And it's a lot easier to trade up a couple of spots if necessary than it is to trade up 20 or more spots...

Brain farts abound...among the ignorant. The #8 pick was never on the table. It was their second rounder this year or their first in 2011. Seeing as we already had 3 #2's this season, and seeing as there will be a rookie contract cap in 2011 that will save teams tens of millions in bonus or guaranteed money at the top of the draft, whether it's part of a new CBA or the owners rules that will apply absent one, the #1 in 2011 made more sense. The goal here every season is to end up with the last pick in that round based on performance. To land a bonafide potential HOF tackle, on offense or defense, you need to be in top ten range. And it's a lot easier to trade up a couple of spots if necessary than it is to trade up 20 or more spots...

Really Mo ? I have googled the Seymour deal to the hilt and have found nothing on the Pats being offered a 2 in 2010 or a 1 in 2011. Look I could be wrong, but I have not heard or read anything about that. Do you have a link?

Last edited:
Sorry no one yelled "duck" when the sky was falling this morning. I'd go back on the valium if I were you. Seymour would have been here this year and gone....

Says who? We have the money to sign him, we signed Wilfork comfortably. Seymour says he wanted to be here, and by some accounts (Perillo), the Patriots wanted to lock him up as a priority even over Wilfork.

The Raiders made an offer that the Patriots simply couldn't refuse - but it turns out, they probably should have.

Last edited:

You do realize that the choice was either a 2nd round this year or 1st round in 2011 right?

Edit: Beat by Mo!

Last edited:
Really Mo ? I have googled the Seymour deal to the hilt and have found nothing on the Pats being offered a 2 in 2010 or a 1 in 2011. Look I could be wrong, but I have not heard or read anything about that. Do you have a link?

Belichick said it in a press conference.

Try the opposite, try to find evidence a #1 in 2010 was offered. You won't. You can find wording that can be doesn't completely exclude it but it's tough to prove a negative - you won't find a quote that clearly says they were offered a #1 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes