PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxsports-Broncos could be interested in a Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we agree there. Jackson was injured coming off surgery that often takes 1.5-2 years before a player is 100%. So of course the Pats couldn't expect anything from him. Thus they made moves in free agency.

since when is garrett mills a stud? Was he even active for any Vikings games?

potential. versatility. BB got really pissed when the Vikes grabbed him.

that article says POSSIBLY Jackson or Williamson

most likely speculation because they think were set at WR

Living the fantasy life, I see... If you want to talk about a waste of a roster spot, that begins and ends with Troy Brown. I'm not talking him down, but let's not go off on Jackson when Brown somehow found a roster spot.

I agree with your point regarding Troy, a once great contributor, but think for a minute what that says about BB's opinion of CJ's value to the team on gameday. Not very much.

The guy can't crack the 46 even as a ST guy or KR guy. Obviously BB does not think much of the phenom. Take the Donks 3rd, a top 100 player.

That's what you say now... when you hear the gong and the lights go out though, it'll be a different story!

You heard about Bethel Johnson's workout didn't you? BETHEL JOHNSON!

Has anyone ever seen Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson in the same room together?? Hmmm.

i would only give Chad Jackson for Brandon Marshall/Champ Bailey/DJ Williams on that Denver team

I'm sure I'm in the minority of those who wouldn't be so quick to do the trade... it all comes down to whether BB thinks he can be a deep threat - if the answer is Yes then keep him.

Of course everyone says we have (assuming he signs) a deep threat with Moss. And the expectation is that once that happens Stallworth is cut lose.

So who is our backup deep threat WR if Moss suffers an injury or tweaks a hamstring?

Wes Welker? No - and don't expect the same production from him without Moss taking double teams.

Washington? Maybe - but his contract isn't so cheap next year either. One can't make assumptions about him and he hasn't exactly cracked the WR corps this year.

Gaffney? Far too many fans think he's interchangable with Stallworth as "our #2 WR" - but Gaffney's a 10 ypc guy - not a deep threat who will keep safeties back in the secondary.

So you need some depth for your deep threat - BB learned that the hard way last year when defenses gave us no respect and pressured Brady and the running game all day.

Moss isn't getting any younger and at some point he might tweak his hamstring again - but generally people have short memories about those things.

Again - BB's call not mine but if Jackson has the skill and talent to be a deep threat, we can keep him pretty cheap.

I would argue that the reports of Jackson's progress are greatly exaggerated. I'm basing this on his # of receptions plus # kickoff returns plus # of punt returns this season.

Yes, a season where he is about 11 months post ACL surgery. I didn't realize that an injury that normally takes 12-18 months to heal from should only take Jackson 6 or 7.

You people who rag on Jackson are a joke.

I tend to agree that I would NOT be so quick...he's a young receiver and MOT even recovered from his injury...I will certainly go with what CoachB thinks about him..BUT I also believe he will NOT be all that quick to trade him away. He was one of the youngest on teh team last year..still VERY young..but so many people wish to give up on him..NOT good. as for Walker...I think he had a chance to come here and wnet another route...like Mason. would teh team really wish for him??

Yes, a season where he is about 11 months post ACL surgery. I didn't realize that an injury that normally takes 12-18 months to heal from should only take Jackson 6 or 7.

You people who rag on Jackson are a joke.

Why not IR then?

Why not IR then?

Because you can never predict when another receiver or special teamer is going to get injured.

Saw it on foxsports. That the Broncos could be interested in Chad Jackson. Think the Pats would unleash him? if so, what could we get? No way anyone gives a second for him, but maybe a third? Would you do it? if we did, I guess it would say BB does not think he will develop as planned.
at this point, no team in the league would give a 3 for him... randy moss went for a 4... CJ would probably get us a 5 or 6 at this point... he has done nothing on the nfl level

i would only give Chad Jackson for Brandon Marshall/Champ Bailey/DJ Williams on that Denver team
6900 posts and you suggest chad jackson for champ bailey... you are an idiot.

I think he was kidding. At least he's not suggesting that Randy Moss for a 4th rounder should be a standard benchmark in terms of value for all trades in the NFL. :D

Last edited:
I agree with your point regarding Troy, a once great contributor, but think for a minute what that says about BB's opinion of CJ's value to the team on gameday. Not very much.

It says nothing about BB's opinion of Jackson at all.

Your points are taken. I do not want this thread to go down the road of so many others.....all I would say is that to the "why would he with the receiving corps we have this year?" you see it as a cause and I see it as a result The Patriots brought in all those guys because they didn't see CJ contributing this year; not the other way around.

The Broncos were interested in paying Daniel Graham as one of the highest paid at his position so I would not put much past them.

You're being a bit hard on the kid, aren't you?

They brought in 4 new WRs in the off-season. They reason they did that was because the receiving corps, as it existed at the end of last season. left a lot to be desired.

You can't put all that on the shoulders of a 2nd year guy coming off an injury.

You're doubtless frustrated with him, but let's not get carried away here.

That, AND a second round pick!

If Shanahan deals that way, why can't Bill?

i didnt suggest it. i said the only Broncos i would take..if offered. i know it wouldnt happen. not even for DJ Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back