PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the 2016 Pats to be in/win SB 51 the D has to improve ALOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
pass rush stinks. wish we had someone who could get pressure up the middle

branch and malcolm are good at stuffing the run, no pass rush though.

would you folks like some cheese with your whine?

Lol. Looking at the bigger picture. This team should have a top two seed in the end. Just gotta keep winning.Still wanna stay out of denver.

Its winning now.
some people ***** about anything, I think if we shutout a team and kept them to under 200 yards they would still whine

some people ***** about anything, I think if we shutout a team and kept them to under 200 yards they would still whine
watch certain posters post. Never happy, look for anything to ***** about

Last edited:
The D is not as bad as some are claiming, but they sure are not as good as the stats (points against) suggest.

Carson Palmer is very average these days. Fortunately, he has been the best QB by far that our D has faced this year. Even more fortunately, he may be the best they face all season except for Russell Wilson.

I hope the playoffs bring the same luck. Or I hope the D improves over the 2nd half of the season.

The D is just ok. The good thing is the AFC this year is trash filled with flawed teams so I don't think it's going to matter as long as this team has homefield

The offense was the problem today

Have you been impressed with malcom brown? I thought he would be more of a clog in the middle.

i think brown has been decent against the run, doesn't get any pressure up the middle though. we dont have a player like that on the roster. they tried using chris long inside a few times earlier in the season but that didn't see to work.

even sheard sucks so far. maybe ninkovich's steroids aren't working properly????????

The offense was the problem today
....really? Four tds on the road but the offense was an issue? Yeah they wernt perfect but you can't expect them to bat 1.000

The D is just fine and will continue to improve.Pit was 1-4 in red zone, 3-5 with field goals, 5-16 on 3rd downs.

Bell only got 81 on 21 carries, it felt like a lot more while watching, but us being short 2 DT's, that's not bad at all. This is a stout Oline with some real talent and the best back in the league.

The pass D had 8 PD's and Butlers early pick in the EZ saved at least 3 pts, though I feel it can easily be attributed to lack of chemistry.

Aside from the 51 yarder to Brown, he was quiet and would have been around ~10 ypc without the longball, which is what Id bet was the thing Bill didn't want to allow. Heyward-Bey got one over on Rowe who is still very fresh to both our style of D and the coaches familiarity to his strengths, abilities and weaknesses. I have no tape to review but Id love to know if Rowe pressed and got beat or was playing off and couldn't position himself. Rowe has an extremely special athleticism profile only matched by Patrick Peterson in the NFL in terms of height, size and elite quickness. (props to patchick I believe for that) I hope he continues to grow with the rest of the defense down the stretch.

I can't see much to complain about here. Our turnovers are down for the year compared to where they normally are this far in but our PA still has us at 6-1 and 3-0 with TB back. Let's hope to stay injury free next week too.

Patrick Chung has been a beast again this year. Everyone else has been solid, but unspectacular and a bit inconsistent. Things would look a lot better if we had any kind of pass rush threat, but most of the time QBs are pretty comfortable and have time to process

I did. Doesnt mean the DE's couldn't have at least given some kinda of push. They couldn't even move the Pittsburgh tackles.

The fourth quarter, when it really mattered, and only rushing three (with the offense knowing they would only rush three too) they got their first pressures on Jones forcing dump offs and check down throws.

They simply are not coached to sell out to get any quarterback in most situations, but if dropping eight guys into deep cover, they'll concede the QB running to kill clock. I'm convinced BB has metrics charts showing ROI for pass rushing to demonstrate where and when situation wise he'll "unleash the hounds".

Zero pass rush spells big trouble in the playoffs, again i have no problem with the offense because they are potent enough to do it anywhere, anytime.

Things would look a lot better if we had any kind of pass rush threat, but most of the time QBs are pretty comfortable and have time to process

I guess "pass threat" is the new "deep threat" and a solution to everything. Great. It's gonna be a long year..

In any case, I sometimes seriously wonder what team people have been watching the past 10+ years.

If there is anything that should be obvious by now its that we are a gameplan team and the offense and defense you see against team a will not be the same as the one you will see against team b. This coaching staff excels at identifying weaknesses, being extremely unpredictable and adjusting midgame.

Anyone that has a problem with the situational football we are playing should just find a new team until BB retires because thats who we are and I am damn happy about it.

If you dont get why its a sound decision to run twice on 1&20 with less than 8 minutes left and being up 2 scores and then take a deep shot at third down then I really cant help you.

Similarly, it was a calculated risk to dare Jones to throw and it paid off with one INT and many shots at others. This is not luck, but just playing the odds based on the gametape the Steelers QB so far has shown and doing your ****ing job.

Which is also why we will be fine against whoever we will play in the SB as long as we dont suffer any key injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3