PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the 2016 Pats to be in/win SB 51 the D has to improve ALOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just call it like I see it. I am pretty objective and the D is solid. They are not giving up points.

You keep up the negativity. Its clearly projecting.

Solid? Whateva floats your boat.

The defense definitely took a step forward today benching Logan Ryan.
Hes only solid in zone and WRs with average speed.

I know we're missing IMO one of if not the best linebacker out there in Collins (certainly the most athletically gifted along with Mack) but this defense is giving me all the vibes of defense's past that let Tom and the offense down for years in the playoffs until we beat Seattle in 2015.

Now i'm not saying that doesn't mean other teams don't have their own s**t to sort out too but i don't care much for the others because we can only control what goes on in Foxborough and the way i see it this offense is only heading one way. The defense on the other hand, although EVENTUALLY coming good in games, can't expect this trick to work in crunch time come January and hope #12, #87 and the others to bail them out once more.

Anyone else concerned that we're not getting that high level of performance we got a few years ago? Also how close is this D to the finished article because i believe that is key, because if there is room for improvement then that's a great sign but if what we are is the way we will be then i'm not ready to coronate yet like many people seem to be doing.

I ask you two questions.

1. Have you watched any non-Patriots games in 2016?
2. 2006 is probably the only playoff loss we have that the defense let us down, and arguments could be made against that as well. 2009 was a disaster and a total team loss.

Really? We will see if it's good enough come january. Hope so.
Right now its solid. If you dont see that and are going to clog up the board with negativity then you are not going to get much respect here.

Jan is a different story but we dont have a Jan Pats defense thread going for you to complain in.

It remains to be seen if it's good enough come january. Maybe they can add a pass
rusher through trade.

January is January. Any way you slice it, allowing 15.2ppg is pretty damn good.

Ah, did you notice that Pats were only rushing 3?
I did. Doesnt mean the DE's couldn't have at least given some kinda of push. They couldn't even move the Pittsburgh tackles.

This has been going on for most of the season, so..

I ask you two questions.

1. Have you watched any non-Patriots games in 2016?
2. 2006 is probably the only playoff loss we have that the defense let us down, and arguments could be made against that as well. 2009 was a disaster and a total team loss.

It's usually a total team loss. Most of the time. Let downs on both sides of the ball. the defense certainly let us down in 2013 when Peyton Manning Was practically setting AFC championship game records. But the offense couldn't do anything either. The defense absolutely let us down in 2010 against the Jets, mark Sanchez had his way but the offense was just as bad. The next year in the Super Bowl, we only gave up 21 points, but we needed a stop in a championship moment and we couldn't get it. We weren't good enough. Julian Edelman was playing corner. The team is a cohesive unit.

I did. Doesnt mean the DE's couldn't have at least given some kinda of push. They couldn't even move the Pittsburgh tackles.

This has been going on for most of the season, so..

I'm all for a pass rush but you can't expect a 3 man rush to get to the a quarterback

Can they do it (rush the passer)...with the guys they have?

yes they can, will they? Probably not with the exceptions of a few key spots...long yardage passing downs. Bend don't break can be frustrating, but its tough to argue with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back