PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

for all you Chad Jackson lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt Jackson say nothing happened @ the gala but he admit he hadnt studied the playbook while hurt?

didnt Jackson say nothing happened @ the gala but he admit he hadnt studied the playbook while hurt?

I have heard nothing about this but i would like to if someone has a link.

Tell that to Terry Glenn....
For every Terry Glenn there's a bunch of WR who have very good careers who have less than 500 yards as rookies.

He admitted that his focus on getting healthy made it tough for him to learn the offense.

Last edited:
Possibly because he demonstrated stone fingers and a distinct lack of concentration. Million dollar body and a 10 cent mind.

Package him and "ALL World Watson" in a trade for a bucket of hockey pucks and a third round pick. Save the cap money and dumpem.

1. Many reporters gave him rave reviews during minicamp saying he was very impressive...he got hurt and missed most of preseason.

2. Many said we stole him in the second and that he is a first round talent.

You may want to retract the above statement after watching this video
http://www.u-tube-tv.com/video/1478/wr-chad-jackson-best-hands

Maybe this is why some people are excited to see him contribute more in the future.

can anybody tell me what this immature injury prone n.f.l. reciever has done that makes everyone so high on him. It concerns me even when he was healthy he couldnt get on the field, did he show any glimpsesof brillance? i watched every play this year and i didnt see much.The patriot reciever position is a difficult one to play you need intelligece to read defenses, just ask Donald Hayes and Bethel johnson, and Doug Gabriel.If by the end of the year he couldnt beat out the 3 in front of him thats something to be concerned about.

It's not about Chad Jackson, it's about the Patriots success.

The Patriots had to replace 2 veteran receivers and decided to concentate on vets Caldwell, Gabriel and Gaffney. Kicked Gabriel to the curve and it took til the 1st playoff game before they had 2 competent WRs.

They had enough offense to go to the Super Bowl.

Why would they waste time on a rookie who was injured most of training camp and take away from the much more necessaryevaluation of vet receivers that finally produced two capable of going the distance?

Your phantasy team?

I believe that many, including myself, are very high on his POTENTIAL, based off of a couple of things.

Early in the season, when he did play, he accounted for three fairly quick touchdowns. He showed, on a couple of occasions that he can go deep and get behind his cover man.

(I believ ehe would have done better if those deep plays were posts, instead of sidelilne go patterns, where he would have had a chance to use his speed)

Also, he has show, in college, that he has excellent hands and excellent Yards After Catch...

I believe that, barring injuries, and if he does a lot of study and work, in the off season...he can be a major contributor.

And, if so, then he has to be used to the maximum, not handcuffed by the play calling.

I agree with NEM. However, with the secrecy of the organization, it's hard to know if he has locker room/immaturity/other issues. My point is no matter how talented, and how great his hands etc., those "other" factors can so often prevent NFL success. We've all seen it over the years. Everybody that says next year is huge for him, are exactly right. We'll see!

I don't think BB & Co would go for someone who is "dumb as a box of rocks". I think they scout many aspects of the talent out there pretty darn well. I think (and hope) we'll see big things from Chad Jackson in the years to come but I wouldn't mind adding a proven veteran WR to help Caldwell and Gaffney out as well. Not sure what's going on w/Troy. Go Chad!! Prove these doubters wrong!

I'm going to take my cue from someone that is a little closer to the situation than us Chad lovers and bashers.

When BB in successive weeks goes out of his way to compare Jackson to Dillon and Warren, I think that he is obviously high on the kid.

Anything else said on this issue is uninformed conjecture. Nothing more.

wrs take usually 3 years to show what they can do

but do florida wrs ever do anything of significance in the nfl?

reche's from florida and he's not exactly a legit #1

Give him a full training camp (w/o injuries) and the regular season and then we can get a better idea on what this guy is capable of in the NFL. Next year will give a us all an idea of what we can expect from him.

I'm certainly not giving up on CJ but the one thing that really concerns me is he never showed break away speed to get separation. Bethal Johnson for all his faults showed amazing speed. Coming out CJ was supposed to be as quick as BJ. Maybe it was the hammy but I haven't seen it yet. I'm hoping I do season two.

This is completely false.

The problem is he is dumb as a rock. Give him one more year to make a breakthrough. If it doesn't happen, send him to the Raiders for a 7th rounder.

Do you have anything to substantiate this assertion?

Tell that to Terry Glenn....

Yeah, because Glenn is the norm rather than the exception.

Give me a freakin' break already...

I've never seen a fan base react as ridiculously to a rookie as Pats fans have to Chad. Either you think he is the next Jerry Rice, or he is an immature and terrible person.

I talked to someone in the media who follows the Pats, and he said they wanted to use Chad against the Colts, specifically on punts, but he injured his foot at some point during the game.

<applause>

Last edited:
I talked to someone in the media who follows the Pats, and he said they wanted to use Chad against the Colts, specifically on punts, but he injured his foot at some point during the game.

This pisses me off even more...

1) To return punts you have to have have the other team punt, historically the Pats have never forced the Colts to punt very often. Maybe 2-3 times per game max.
2) How the hell did he get hurt? is this guy made of wet paper?

Jackson is a great big question mark and should be in the mix for the number 2,3,4 spot in the rotation. Maybe the Pats don't need a #1 and can get by with four or five #2s. Depending on #17 to be at anything more than a 40-50 catch 600 yard receiver (best case) next year seems to be a high risk approach.

1. Many reporters gave him rave reviews during minicamp saying he was very impressive...he got hurt and missed most of preseason.

2. Many said we stole him in the second and that he is a first round talent.

You may want to retract the above statement after watching this video
http://www.u-tube-tv.com/video/1478/wr-chad-jackson-best-hands

Maybe this is why some people are excited to see him contribute more in the future.

i got some great clips of me in high school do you want those?

Keep in mind, this season was 19 games long...If he couldn't break into this season's patchwork receiver corps he never will. Convert him to cornerback while he is still young!

Keep in mind, this season was 19 games long...If he couldn't break into this season's patchwork receiver corps he never will. Convert him to cornerback while he is still young!

this is my point exactly by game 8 or more they arent considered rookies, they were dying for someone to give them seperation, and they didnt use him, obviously if he was doing it in practice they would of used him more than 2 plays a game, that said all he did was sit on the bench, that smells like someone not doiing it in practice, i hope hes the next Rice, but if he couldnt crack the lineup with those sub par group how will he crack it if they hopefully upgrade the position with proven vetrans. M y point is all the hype about him is not warranted, he wouldnt be the first high pick cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft