Welcome to PatsFans.com

AFC East All starting team

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mangenious, Jun 12, 2007.

1. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just bored so I decided to do a all AFC east team. Thought it would be a fun discussion. I used a 3-4 on defense since 3 out of the 4 teams in the AFC East use 3-4 and I used a 3 WR, 1 TE look on offense. Any who.........

QB-Tom Brady - New England PatriotsAll but a formality here he clearly is the best QB in the division and probably the league. As much as I hate Tom I respect the hell out of him and dont think he would be praying like a ***** at the end of an AFC championship game like Manning.

Backups
    Chad Pennington - New York Jets
    J.P. Losman - Buffalo Bills

RB-Thomas Jones - New York Jets
    Strong tough runner. I could have put Maroney here but his injury concerns scared me off a little bit and I would just like to see him perform as a fulltime starter.

Backups
    Laurence Maroney - New England Patriots
    Ronnie Brown - Miami Dolphins

WR-Ted Ginn no just kidding Randy Moss - New England Patriots
    He gets here a lot on reputation but he still will be a top ten WR at worst with Brady.

WR-Lee Evans - Bufalo Bills
    Burner quickly emerging receiver in his fourth year. Close to 1300 yards and 8 TD's last year

WR-Laveranues Coles - New York Jets
    A tough receiver plays through a lot of injuries. Good speed and can serve as a possesion guy or a deep threat.

Backups
    Jerricho Cotchery - New York Jets
    Donte Stallworth - New England Patriots

TE-Ben Watson - New England Patriots
    He kinda wins by default because theres not much competition. Watson is very gifted athletically. Good hands speed and size for a TE, blocking is just ok IMO.

Backup
    Chris Baker - New York Jets

LT-Matt Light - New England Patriots

Backup
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson - New York Jets

G-Logan Mankins - New England Patriots

Backup
    Pete Kendall - New York Jets

C-Nick Mangold - New York Jets

Backup
    Dan Koppen - New England Pats

G-Derrick Dockery - Buffalo Bills

Backup
    Stephen Neal - New England Patriots

RT-Jason Peters - Buffalo Bills

Backup

Vernon Carey - Miami Dolphins

LE- Ty Warren - New England Patriots

Very underrated and could be seeing his first pro bowl soon.

Backup
    Aaron Schobel - Buffalo Bills

NT-Vince Wilfork - New England Patriots
    Big boy up the middle engages two blockers and is great against the run.

Backup
    Keith Traylor Miami - Dolphins

RE- Richard Seymour - New England Patriots
    A lot of what he does goes unnoticed he doesnt put up monster sack totals but is great at taking up blockers and creating push

Backup

Shaun Ellis - New York Jets

OLB-Adalius Thomas - New England Patriots

Just a pure beast, can play almost every position on defense. Great speed and demon on D.

Backup
    Roosevelt Colvin - New England Patriots

ILB-Zach Thomas - Miami Dolphins
    He would be a little undersized in the 3-4 but as long as you have the big boy at nose he should be fine. Look at a guy like Donnie Edwards at 225 but had Jamal Williams. Very smart, tough, leader on D.

ILB-Jonathan Vilma - New York Jets
    Struggled a bit his first year in the 3-4 but came on late in the year. You give him a true big NT and he is a pro bowl quality LB

Backups
    Mike Vrabel - New England Patriots
    Teddy Bruschi - New England Patriots

OLB-Jason Taylor - Miami Dolphins
    He hasnt taken a down in the 3-4 but this DPOY has the athletic skills to play 3-4 OLB and is just too much of a beast to not have on an all division D.

Backup
    Joey Porter - Miami Dolphins

CB-Asante Samuel - New England Patriots?
    Emerged last year and is arguably a top 5 CB in football. Played lights out in the 07 playoffs.

CB-Andre Dyson - New York Jets
    Very good corner and somewhat underrated. Had a really good season last year in Mangini's defense.

Backups
    Ellis Hobbs - New England Patriots
    Will Allen - Miami Dolphins

FS-Kerry Rhodes - New York Jets
    Statistically he had the best year out of any safety in the NFL last year. He was snubbed in the pro bowl but dont be fooled. Good blend of size and speed, he has the prototype build of a FS.

Backup
    Ko Simpson Buffalo - Bills

SS- Donte Whitner - Buffalo Bills
    Maybe a little be questionable that I didnt put in Rodney Harrison but he is coming off injuries and at his age his performance is unknown to me. Whitner is very versatile in pass coverage and run support

Backup
    Rodney Harrison - New England Patriots

KR-Justin Miller - New York Jets
    PR-Roscoe Parrish- Buffalo Bills

K-Rian Lindell - Buffalo Bills
    p- Brian Moorman - Buffalo Bills

Coach Bill Belichick - New England Patriots
    DC-Eric Mangini - New York Jets
    OC-Cam Cameron - Miami Dolphins
    ST-Mike Westhoff - New York Jets

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  2. CrayzeeNepFan1

CrayzeeNepFan1 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A real good post and analysis not homer at all as I expected it to be great post
    !

3. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 3 / -1

way too early for this, but I think I'd let Jones, Stallworth, Moss and Thomas play a down in the division before they go on the team. Question: would you have put Welker on the team a year ago or is it just because of all the hype after his trade?

4. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Probably not. A year ago I guess the WR's would have been Coles, Chambers and Evans/Branch before he was dealt. I really saw Welker play a lot last year and got a good respect for him. He reminds me of a faster Wayne Chrebet. His style is just scrappy

5. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Not a lot to argue about. I think my selections would be more or less the same.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

I agree, but what do we do with the disrepect factor after all these guys are selected???

7. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 3 / -1

thanks. otherwise, it's hard to argue with the list even if it is a bit premature and several of the players have played a down in the division.

8. Isaac

Isaac Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Derrick Dockery has a lot to prove--he was a mediocre player until he got a fat contract, now all of a sudden he's elite.

9. EnglishPatriot

EnglishPatriot On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's a ridiculous question. It isn't about a year ago, it's about now. He could have proved a lot in that past year. Think Frank Gore.

10. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

good list/writeup. post this on finheaven. PLEASE. I need to see heads explode in anger.

this isn't intended to bust the balls of the Jets fan that started this, but between Mangini and Pees I think most NE fans will say the defense was better under Pees last year. it could very well be outside influences like players, BB involvement, competition, or whatever. I'm just saying that when I saw the coaching lineup at the bottom my first thought was "Pees is a better DC than Mangini."

11. dhamz

dhamz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Buffalo has some imprssive ST players.

Along with the K and P spot in the AFC East, I'd clearly put Parrish as the PR. I might also put Mcgee at KR. Miller and Mcgee is pretty much a toss up.

12. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

I think you shortchange Leon Washington a bit. He should be on the list somewhere. I actually believe he could wind up as a solid starting rb after T. Jones' eventual decline. Leon will be a great weapon this year, and is the best 3rd down back in the division. Also, I like Cotchery more than Coles going forward. Cotchery is going to be a 1,000 yards receiver for years. His attitude and toughness are ideal. Bryan Thomas IMO is better than Colvin. You are overrating Dyson. I look for Travis Daniels of the Phins to be better than Dyson this season, and possibly Jason Allen once he gets his feet under him. Jason Allen has pro-bowl potential at cb. I also like Ellis Hibbs more than Dyson. Cb and DL are the Jets primary personnel weaknesses. However, Mangini earns his moniker with his secondary prowess so I expect him to patch the holes. Revis will be special. I see the Jets at 10-6/11-5 this season provided Pennignton stays healthy. If Pennington falters, Clemens is not a capable back-up IMO. That was a poor 2nd rd pick.

13. Fencer

Fencer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -18

#12 Jersey

Well thought out!

I'd revise LB to reflect the likelihood that AD plays inside and Vrabel outside.

I might also give Welker a WR slot ahead of Stallworth.

14. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My name at finheaven is K-Ro25,I have already gotten some responses.

15. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didnt know AD is slotted at ILB. I had stallworth just ahead of Chambers. I would rate Chambers over Welker in my depth

16. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All valid points but I went on the assumption of trying to win a game with the AFC East tomorrow. I liked Thomas better then Colvin also but didnt do it b/c it was one year for thomas. I as well like the young nucleus of players on this Jets team. With Jones here the Jets can use Leon so many ways. As a 3rd down guy, westbrook kind of player. I see 9-7, 10-6 for the Jets as long as Pennington is healthy. From reports out of camp Clemens is not ready so the season rest w/ Penny. The Jets weakness is DL and CB but if Revis turns into the player I think he can then I think we have a great young secondary w/ Revis, Dyson, Rhodes, and Eric Smith who I like a lot. We need a NT, a 3-4 DE and an OLB to pair w/ Thomas to become a dominant D which I think we will one day become. I foam at the mouth of a young nucleus including Cotchery, Harris, Revis, Vilma, Rhodes, Leon, B. Thomas, Mangold, and Brick.

17. Boston Jay

Boston Jay 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No qualms about the list.

If we could field an all AFC East team the Lombardi would never go anywhere else... Scary that all this talent is in the division compared to like.. the NFC North. :)

18. mangenious

mangenious Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I dont know if anyone wants to do it but we could do something like this for other divisions and matchup the teams and try to find a winner. I dunno its still 60 plus days till week 1. I decided to change Roscoe Parrish to PR. I forgot all about him and I like him a lot.

19. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Very fair and balanced. Good post.

20. Dom

Dom On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

One small gripe, at 262lb Schobel would be better suited as an OLB in the 3-4. I think he's worth a place, just not as a 3-4 DE.

Jarvis Green might be best as his replacement.