PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

for all you Chad Jackson lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard something similar.

But, his lack of being used does raise some questions. How much was injury? How much was unfamilaity with the play book? Did he get into BB's doghouse

I think it's just far simpler. He hadn't had the experience or time needed to learn the offense & develop chemistry with Brady, and that's all there is to it.

You'd think people would give him one healthy TRAINING CAMP as benefit of the doubt, but no, these folks won't even do that. The idea of Chad Jackson being a bust is too exciting to these guys.

Of course, like I said, they aren't putting any faith in Belichick in all this CJ bashing, which is equally as criminal as rooting against a 21 year old kid.

I think it's just far simpler. He hadn't had the experience or time needed to learn the offense & develop chemistry with Brady, and that's all there is to it.
Yes, they just wanted to tighten the "rotation" to Caldwell, Gaffney and the TE. A chance for them to really get in synch the last few weeks. No biggie.

Great. Who let Tom Casale back?

IMO, if he actually did say that, then I wouldn't say he's immature, I'd just say he's your average 21 year old with a sense of humor.

You must've forgotten what it's like to be a young man. I'm 18 and I'm not dumb enough to pull that crap in front of the people who are paying me my millions. If every 21 year old were that immature then why haven't we heard more stories about fellow rookies cracking racist jokes in front of hundreds of people in business suits?

As for Chad Jackson's potential, I think some of us might be high on him b/c he produced 117 catches, 1548 yards and 15 TDs in his final 2 years at UF.

Big deal. That doesn't mean anything right now. Anyway, Jason Hill out of Washington St. almost equaled those numbers in his junior season alone.

I know there are a lot of folks out there who would honestly rather Chad Jackson turn into a bust then produce for the Patriots as it would provide the basis for their entire feelings of self worth.

How about maybe we give both Chad Jackson and the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt and assume that after missing the entirety of training camp and fighting nagging injuries throughout his season, the staff decided it might be better to bring him along slowly. Of course, the idea that the coaching staff has any responsibility in his development is foreign to you people. Let's not forget that if CJ were truly a "bust", Belichick, like any good coach, would take that as a personal failure in his own ability to coach.

So, for all of you out there who get excited at the thought of Chad Jackson being a bust, that's fine and dandy, but how about you put a little friggin faith in Belichick's ability to develop and bring players along at whatever pace he deems, as he has a pretty damn good track record at it.

So now we read minds? Nobody is questioning BB's judgment here. What I'm criticizing is the false hype around Jackson when in reality all he has been is a bust on and off the field his rookie season. Sure he has every chance to turn it around, but so did Bethel Johnson.

Not necessarilly so. BB has shown, in the past, a penchant for showing who is in charge, no matter who the player may be.

You could be right. BB is not BP afterall.

In my opinion, Troy Brown didn't bring a whole lot of explosiveness to punt return position - why didn't this kid at least get a chance to exploit some defensive punt teams and return kicks? In a perfect world,anyway - a starting wide out shouldnt be playing special team anyway because of injury risk, freshness, etc. Now - whatever BB is ok with me, but I'd like to see Jackson return both kickoffs and punts next year if he is going to get beat out by Gaffney for the 3 spot.

In my opinion, Troy Brown didn't bring a whole lot of explosiveness to punt return position - why didn't this kid at least get a chance to exploit some defensive punt teams and return kicks? In a perfect world,anyway - a starting wide out shouldnt be playing special team anyway because of injury risk, freshness, etc. Now - whatever BB is ok with me, but I'd like to see Jackson return both kickoffs and punts next year if he is going to get beat out by Gaffney for the 3 spot.

I know he did occasionally do punt returns, but not towards the end of the season/playoffs. Also, Ellis Hobbs is too valuable as next years #1 DB to be returning kicksoffs.

Possibly because he demonstrated stone fingers and a distinct lack of concentration. Million dollar body and a 10 cent mind.

Package him and "ALL World Watson" in a trade for a bucket of hockey pucks and a third round pick. Save the cap money and dumpem.

patsgo offering yet another helpful thread topic to go along with last year's warning about a potential depression in 1929.

You must've forgotten what it's like to be a young man. I'm 18 and I'm not dumb enough to pull that crap in front of the people who are paying me my millions. If every 21 year old were that immature then why haven't we heard more stories about fellow rookies cracking racist jokes in front of hundreds of people in business suits?

You must be a really fun kid to be around. Let's hang out some time.

Last edited:
patsgo offering yet another helpful thread topic to go along with last year's warning about a potential depression in 1929.

maybe you ought go drink a six mpack and leave us alone

You must be a really fun kid to be around. Let's hang out some time.

Sure. Give me your number. We can call up Jackson too. Wouldn't it be fun to take a sh*t on Kraft's porch? :rolleyes:

I'm certainly not giving up on CJ but the one thing that really concerns me is he never showed break away speed to get separation. Bethal Johnson for all his faults showed amazing speed. Coming out CJ was supposed to be as quick as BJ. Maybe it was the hammy but I haven't seen it yet. I'm hoping I do season two.

The problem is he is dumb as a rock. Give him one more year to make a breakthrough. If it doesn't happen, send him to the Raiders for a 7th rounder.

CJ's peformance (or lack thereof) has really been an enigma. I'm assuming his early injury forced him to miss out on getting established,maybe he aggravated something along the way,or maybe he just sucks- I have no idea but because he's a rookie who missed most of training I'm going to give him another year.

can anybody tell me what this immature injury prone n.f.l. reciever has done that makes everyone so high on him. It concerns me even when he was healthy he couldnt get on the field, did he show any glimpsesof brillance? i watched every play this year and i didnt see much.The patriot reciever position is a difficult one to play you need intelligece to read defenses, just ask Donald Hayes and Bethel johnson, and Doug Gabriel.If by the end of the year he couldnt beat out the 3 in front of him thats something to be concerned about.

why dont u prove hes immature? injury prone? yes so far

I've never seen a fan base react as ridiculously to a rookie as Pats fans have to Chad. Either you think he is the next Jerry Rice, or he is an immature and terrible person.

I talked to someone in the media who follows the Pats, and he said they wanted to use Chad against the Colts, specifically on punts, but he injured his foot at some point during the game.

What he's done to make everyone high on him is irrelevent - what's relevant is that it's no big deal because most (not all) WR do little as rookies.

Same thing next year ? Then your question is valid.

Tell that to Terry Glenn....

Let's pass judgement after next season...BB just doesn't throw his player out on to the field..

Sure. Give me your number. We can call up Jackson too. Wouldn't it be fun to take a sh*t on Kraft's porch? :rolleyes:

Right, OK, so you're going to judge a 21 year old kid based on one unconfirmed report that he told a moderately inappropriate joke at some gala? That makes sense.

If we are going to judge anyone, how about let's judge the mentally unstable sports reporter who is so narcissistic that he creates multiple accounts on the same message board to smear a 21 year old kid for the sake of justifying his own insane vitriolic ramblings on his radio show. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back