PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC East All starting team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Chambers went from being a Pro Bowler a year ago to not even making his own division's All Star team?

I would have him as a backup on this team, but I can't make a case for him being a starter over those guys.

Fair enough, I will put Chambers over Stallworth
edit: well if I could edit my first post I would put Chambers over Stallworth

Last edited:
Hmmm nice list, but I would take Ferguson over Light, and Koppen over Mangold.

Hmmm nice list, but I would take Ferguson over Light, and Koppen over Mangold.

Granted I dont follow the Pats (I like to try and stay updated w/ the status of all the division teams) as much as you guys but I thought Light was a rock at LT. I like Brick in the future but he needs to bulk up to the 310 range. His body is a freak of nature in that it kills calories and loses weight at an alarming rate. He was playing at the end of last year down around 280.

Light is faaaar from a rock...I would rate him a 72 out of 100, he just has too much trouble with speed rushers, he does do a nice job every now and then, but it's still far too easy to beat him.

You would put Ty Warren over Schobel? No way in hell.

I concur with DaBruinz that Jacky's exaggerated criticism of Light is wholly unwarranted. He's no Pro Bowler, but he's great in the run game (in particular) and he's hardly a turnstile. Turnstile is a term reserved for players like Jordan Black.

I'd take Koppen over Mangold at this juncture, although Mangold probably has greater upside.

And I'd really hope Andre Dyson is NOT the second best CB in the division...

Matt Light

=

cone.jpg

I agree with Jacky. Watch the replay of the Miami game if you need proof. He sucks.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents....

1. Morris was listed as FB i belive a couple of seasons in Miami
2. Now way in hell is Hobbs a better kick returner than Justin Miller
3. I would take Joey Porter over Rosevelt Colvin any day of the week
4. Jay Feely has more expierence than either Nugent or Gostkowski and to even consider Gostkowski to be the best kicker in the east is a joke.

Actually Schobel is only 262 so he would be an OLB, I have AD and Taylor ahead of him but I hear AD may play ILB on the Pats so its a little confusing at this point. I cant edit the first post at this point

Last edited:
Fair enough, I will put Chambers over Stallworth
edit: well if I could edit my first post I would put Chambers over Stallworth

don't take my post the wrong way

I wasn't arguing that your selection was unjustified, I was just pointing out the demise of Chris Chambers in the eyes of football analysts.

Who knows though, he may be back for another big year, but at this point I would put him over Cotchery and Stallworth, but I can see why you didn't.

Dyson had a really good year for us last year. He was benched in the playoffs b/c he was playing hurt and in the first drive Brady went after him. Miller made the pro bowl as a KR, I thought it was a given he was the starting KR

Sorry, but Pro-Bowls don't mean anything to me because they are a popularity contest. Hobbs had the best YPR last year on kick returns averaging 36 YPR after Maroney went down to injury.

I concur with DaBruinz that Jacky's exaggerated criticism of Light is wholly unwarranted. He's no Pro Bowler, but he's great in the run game (in particular) and he's hardly a turnstile. Turnstile is a term reserved for players like Jordan Black.

I'd take Koppen over Mangold at this juncture, although Mangold probably has greater upside.

And I'd really hope Andre Dyson is NOT the second best CB in the division...

Matt certainly didn't have a good year last year at LT. But I can balance that with the fact he was getting back into game shape and the team only let up 7 sacks over the last 6 games (including play-offs). If they could do that this year for the entire year, Brady would only sacked a total of 22 time over the entire season including 3 games in the play-offs.

You must be smoking something because there is no way Schoebel is a 3-4 DE. Also, Warren was probably the best 3-4 DE end in the league last year. Better than Seymour. Guy had 80 something tackles as listed by the league. The COACHES had him at 117. He also had 7.5 sacks. For a 3-4 DE, those are MONSTER numbers.

Sorry, but Pro-Bowls don't mean anything to me because they are a popularity contest. Hobbs had the best YPR last year on kick returns averaging 36 YPR after Maroney went down to injury.

While the pro bowl is a popularity contest, I wonder what popularity Justin Miller has amongst NFL fans. Even though he averaged 36 yards, Hobbs only had 10 returns. Miller had 46 averaging 28.3. If Hobbs had as many returns as Miller that number would be marginally less then 36 YPR

Matt Light

=

cone.jpg

I agree with Jacky. Watch the replay of the Miami game if you need proof. He sucks.

And so does your posting.. but we aren't telling Ian to cut you from the board....

Light is NOT a turnstile and its ignorance to want someone who gave up MORE sacks than Light did.

While the pro bowl is a popularity contest, I wonder what popularity Justin Miller has amongst NFL fans. Even though he averaged 36 yards, Hobbs only had 10 returns. Miller had 46 averaging 28.3. If Hobbs had as many returns as Miller that number would be marginally less then 36 YPR

You don't know that for certain. In fact, I'd bet that he'd be better than the 28.3 that Miller put up....

You don't know that for certain. In fact, I'd bet that he'd be better than the 28.3 that Miller put up....

The same way you dont know if Hobbs would have topped Miller's mark which was tops in the NFL. Its almost a guarantee his avg would be lower by a good amount, its almost impossible to avg 36 ypr over a year. busted blocking or something happens all the time. How is Hobbs better with his short track record?

Last edited:
1. Morris was listed as FB i belive a couple of seasons in Miami
Morris was a RB last year

2. Now way in hell is Hobbs a better kick returner than Justin Miller
Yes he is. But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

3. I would take Joey Porter over Rosevelt Colvin any day of the week

Porter = sacks against junk teams like Oakland and Tampa. Colvin = sacks against good lines as well as bad.

4. Jay Feely has more expierence than either Nugent or Gostkowski and to even consider Gostkowski to be the best kicker in the east is a joke.

Just because Feely has more experience doesn't make him the better kicker first off. Secondly, Feely's numbers are very similar to Gostkowski's if you actually bothered to look them up.

So Ellis Hobbs 25 career returns make him a better KR then Miller? Ok. How about he builds a resume before we compare him to anyone.

Last edited:
Ronnie Brown will be the best RB in the division this year, there's no doubt about that in my mind. If he hadn't suffered a freak injury last year, he would've beat Jones in yards last year. How are you going to leave Chambers out of the top 5? He was in a pro bowl a year ago and had 1 down year. I'd still take Chambers over Moss, Stallworth, Cotchery and he and Evans are close. The only WR I'd say for sure has the upper hand is Lavernous Coles. At safety, I'll take Renaldo Hill or Yerimiah Bell over Donte Whitner.

The rest looks very good, nicely done.

Ronnie Brown will be the best RB in the division this year, there's no doubt about that in my mind. If he hadn't suffered a freak injury last year, he would've beat Jones in yards last year. How are you going to leave Chambers out of the top 5? He was in a pro bowl a year ago and had 1 down year. I'd still take Chambers over Moss, Stallworth, Cotchery and he and Evans are close. The only WR I'd say for sure has the upper hand is Lavernous Coles. At safety, I'll take Renaldo Hill or Yerimiah Bell over Donte Whitner.

The rest looks very good, nicely done.

I wanted to changed Chambers in the top 5 but i cant edit the original post. I like Ronnie a lot, I was burned in fantasy last year by taking him in rd 1 b/c I thought he would have a phenomenal year. He has all the tools of a top 5 back in the nfl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back