PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fireman Ed Calls It Quits

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a textbook example of why the Jets organization and Jets fans suck. I don't like Ed either, I find him annoying as a battery acid enema. But you have to admit, the guy is a ridiculously loyal fan, and the other fans around him are giving him crap because he supports the team's QB (the horror! :eek: ) These people are so clueless. Do they really think bringing that overhyped clown Tebow is going to turn their season around and get them to the Super Bowl?!

What makes it worse is we wouldn't even be talking about this if Woody hadn't made such a stupid decision in the first place. "Oh, Mark Sanchez is our guy! He's our franchise! He will definitely take us to the promised land! Wait, Tebow's available? Well bring him over! But Mark is still our guy, I'm sure the fans won't start chanting for Tebow after Mark's first incompletion." :rolleyes:

And yet they can't understand why Bill Belichick wanted no part of being their head coach... :confused:

Rex Ryan is a genius.

He proved that football can be therapeutic by making things so bad that the most fanatical fan of a pro franchise abdicated his role as the chief lunatic in a stadium packed with 65,000 drunk schizophrenics wearing green and eye black.

Maybe, after he gets fired, Rex ought to see what he can do for those poor sick bastards dressed in Kiss costumes out in Oakland.

Last edited:
... the most fanatical fan of a pro franchise abdicated his role as the chief lunatic in a stadium packed with 65,000 drunk schizophrenics wearing green and eye black.

That's not eye black. It's self-inflicted black eyes. They literally beat themselves up for paying to be tortured: the ultimate expression of sports sadomasochism.

My guess is that he had this revelation the second Sanchez plowed face first into Brandon Moore's ass.

I'll be holding a press conference at Gillette during the next home game announcing my intention to ask Bob Kraft to name ME the new unofficial Patriots team mascot...yeah, you can all call me Town Crier-man Fred.....are you ready????

OK...let's get it going it going!!!

P-A-T-S....Pats Pats Pats!!!!

towncrier3as.jpg

hey...who are all these guys with shotguns...and why are they running toward ME??....HALPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

I sat down with my brother to watch this game, He said I hope we win. I said I hope we blow them out, no wait, I hope for a complete humilation of the Jets.

I would like to that BB for granting my wish! Not only did the Pats humiliate the Jets, they most likely ushered in the end of the Ryan-Tannenbaum era, put them back at least three years of rebuilding, but now, they got rid of Fireman Ed too! Anyone who has every been to the Meadowlands knows what a tool this guy is! Boo Hoo he couldn't take the abuse on twitter, grow a set!

Other than a drunk Joe Namath proclaiming to Suzy that he is now a Pats fan, I couldn't see how the Pats could have humiliated the Jets any more!

Last edited:
So even Ed realizes that most Jets fans are absolute morons.

Funny thing though, him turning in his superfan card seems to have been a publicity stunt on his part. I mean, before this week he was generally known by name to Jets fans and to those of their main rivals, us and the Giants (geographic rivals). Now he's on sports radio nationwide. I'm not exactly sure how he will cash in on it, but there has to be a way.

Funny thing though, him turning in his superfan card seems to have been a publicity stunt on his part. I mean, before this week he was generally known by name to Jets fans and to those of their main rivals, us and the Giants (geographic rivals). Now he's on sports radio nationwide. I'm not exactly sure how he will cash in on it, but there has to be a way.

He'll stage a Rocky-like comeback, mark my words. If/when the Green Beans have a winning streak, he'll be back in his fireman's helmet leading that obnoxious cheer. He's just looking for attention. If he was serious about giving it up, he would've bowed out quietly at the end of the season.

Fireman Ed just needed to be hosed down so he could cool off :D

Maybe he will trade places with Ryan. I can just see Fireman Rex leading the Jets cheer!!

I am still trying to figure out which is worse...that Fireman Ed thinks so highly of himself or that Woody Johnson actually called him back in the 2009 offseason to get a gauge of what Jet fans felt the franchise might need.

Was it scribbled on a piece of paper as "I resign as OTM of the NYJ" (OTM=Official Team Mascot)

I'll be holding a press conference at Gillette during the next home game announcing my intention to ask Bob Kraft to name ME the new unofficial Patriots team mascot...yeah, you can all call me Town Crier-man Fred.....are you ready????

OK...let's get it going it going!!!

P-A-T-S....Pats Pats Pats!!!!

towncrier3as.jpg

hey...who are all these guys with shotguns...and why are they running toward ME??....HALPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Those aren't shotguns.

They're straitjackets.

He'll stage a Rocky-like comeback, mark my words. If/when the Green Beans have a winning streak, he'll be back in his fireman's helmet leading that obnoxious cheer. He's just looking for attention. If he was serious about giving it up, he would've bowed out quietly at the end of the season.

Bingo.

The pageantry of the "reunion tour" will be over the top, in only the style a Trump/NY media could concoct.

This may be a first when the mascot quits on the team. Or maybe he'll just change his name to Fireman Santonio.

If they lose to AZ this Sunday the Cheerleaders will quit the team.:D

This may be a first when the mascot quits on the team. Or maybe he'll just change his name to Fireman Santonio.

If they lose to AZ this Sunday the Cheerleaders will quit the team.:D

Hope they'll need someone to 'comfort' them.

Being the gentleman I am, I volunteer :D

I said this in the Jets' suck thread:

Although I think Fireman Ed is a joke, it is disgusting that other Jets fans would harass him because he wears a Tebow jersey. Owning a ticket doesn't give you the right to be an arse at the stadium.

Actually Fireman Ed wore a Sanchez jersey this season (#6). Jets fans giving their own grief. What a sad lot of fans they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft