PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fireman Ed Calls It Quits

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took him 35 years to realize he didn't have to put the flames out.....there was never going to be a fire to start with,the organization has had 'wet matches' since 1969.

It took him 35 years to realize he didn't have to put the flames out.....there was never going to be a fire to start with,the organization has had 'wet matches' since 1969.

No kidding. Some folks just keep hanging on, hoping to rekindle the old flame.

There were some affairs between me and the Patriots, but I always wore the laundry and always put them first in my heart. I always will.

But the JETS....... Ya know, when you've lost Broadway Joe AND Fireman Ed, it's time for some serious soul searching.

I said this in the Jets' suck thread:

Although I think Fireman Ed is a joke, it is disgusting that other Jets fans would harass him because he wears a Tebow jersey. Owning a ticket doesn't give you the right to be an arse at the stadium.

I'm afraid something bad is going to happen, because no one deserves as much enjoyment as Rex and the Jets are giving me.
They were already a laughingstock, and now their most visible fan quits on them.

I hope we leave this in its own thread for a while before merging it to get lost in the Jets suck monolith, because this is just to good to not be its own thread at least for a while.

I said this in the Jets' suck thread:

Although I think Fireman Ed is a joke, it is disgusting that other Jets fans would harass him because he wears a Tebow jersey. Owning a ticket doesn't give you the right to be an arse at the stadium.

I agree with you but it's not a Tebow jersey he wears but a Sanchez jersey.
112512-LACES-OUT-jets-fireman-ed_20121125214857337_600_400.JPG

I agree with you but it's not a Tebow jersey he wears but a Sanchez jersey.
112512-LACES-OUT-jets-fireman-ed_20121125214857337_600_400.JPG

Sanchez. Tebow. I have trouble telling one crappy QB from the next crappy QB. :D

So he basically said Jets fans are a--holes? Amazing.

So he basically said Jets fans are a--holes? Amazing.

that is what i got from reading one article about this. as much as i hate the jets and want to see fireman ed disappointed, there is no need for pointless heckling.

Wow, looks like "Captain Jet" just moved up in the ranks!

images

Although there is no love lost here for Fireman Ed, It looks more like he gave up on Jets fans than gave up on the Jets themselves. He is probably doubly disappointed in that he likely wore the Sanchez jersey because supporting Tebow for QB is the equivalent of giving up entirely. I don't care what he did in Denver for that cup of coffee. Calling Fireman Ed to task to the extent that he felt compelled to throw in the towel speaks volumes about the mess that the Jets are in and is more clear indication that there nitwit GM has got to go first. That guy has been a joke forever. Maybe the owner wanted Tebow, maybe not but it is still idiot Tannenbaum that should have gone to the mattresses to prevent Tebow from coming to NY for exactly the reason that is being played out right before our eyes. Lets not forget, it was idiot Tannenbaum that brought Sanchez to NY.

I agree though...God is probably going to get us for gloating to much over the woeful Jets and the unbelievable mess they find themselves in now. So in the spirit of earning back some points for us Pats fans up there in the heavens "I sorely miss having a competitive Jets team as it makes the Pats football season so much more interesting when the Jets are competing with us. So here is hoping that the Jets can find there way back to at least finishing one or two places behind us...every year till the end of time!"

The organization he roots for created the division internally and it's now spread out to the fan base. Ed shuns the fans an roots for the culprits, how nice. He should'v called out the whole organization and asked them why they brought a circus to town.

You can wear the laundry and flip the idiot owner the bird at the same time and will be no less of a fan for it IMO.

Last edited:
The reason an arch demon incarnate like Woody Johnson bought the Jets is precisely because he knew the customer base....right down to their rotten cheese stink green socks. Throw the green Jersey mooks a few tough guy sound bytes, hire a blabbermouth snake oil salesman to front it and give his subordinate Mephistopheles orders to keep payroll down and attendance up by making big media splash signings of a select few, while bargain basementing the bottom half of the roster, and *voila*....huge profits and the back page of the Post every time a Jet farts...give him credit...he hoodewinked all of them for four years with this dog and pony show.

Today, however, the circus has left town...and all that remains are a few drunken clowns that missed the bus on the way out.

Wow, looks like "Captain Jet" just moved up in the ranks!

images
eh, maybe not, I read he left early too, went outside and set fire to his little hat.

The reason an arch demon incarnate like Woody Johnson bought the Jets is precisely because he knew the customer base....right down to their rotten cheese stink green socks. Throw the green Jersey mooks a few tough guy sound bytes, hire a blabbermouth snake oil salesman to front it and give his subordinate Mephistopheles orders to keep payroll down and attendance up by making big media splash signings of a select few, while bargain basementing the bottom half of the roster, and *voila*....huge profits and the back page of the Post every time a Jet farts...give him credit...he hoodewinked all of them for four years with this dog and pony show.

Today, however, the circus has left town...and all that remains are a few drunken clowns that missed the bus on the way out.

Good post. Liked for the Mephistopheles reference.

I wonder what team he will move on to next and be a die hard fan for?

All things considered the jests have hardly been a bad franchise compared to some others in recent times.

Paging Oscar the grouch!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye