PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reggie Wayne made $450k for 2 weeks of camp. Patriots fans just lost all non-deflategate mocking rights for this offseason.
I didn't really understand the signing when it happened.

The pats tried. RW for all we know "tried" The poster who claimed he "wasted our time" is a clown. Better to know now.
I mean who knows? I learned a few things a couple of weeks ago when some posters pointed out the the Indy offense he was in all those years was very simple.

Wayne was on record as saying this offense was "incomparable" to what he was running in Indy. Was it too complex for him? Would it take him too long to learn? Was his body just not able to do the things they needed him to do? Who knows?

Could be that they were going to cut him but out of respect for Reggie, wanted to couch it as he was asking to be released. BB is respectful of veterans like that sometimes.

All we know is that he asked to get released. We don't know anything.

Next Indianapolis Colts legend for BB to sign and cut before the season even begins: Peyton Manning.

I didn't really understand the signing when it happened.
What is so confusing about it? They wanted to veteran WR. They were trying to get on all off-season.

What can certainly be questioned is giving him $450k guaranteed.

Ya what the hell, he clicked disagree on me reposting what Shefter tweeted about Wayne.

Some people get really bent out of shape whenever people are getting added (draft) or removed (cut downs) from the team.

McClain was the least productive of the imported veteran starters, who had bad years. He was also the last sub-sized smurf CB on the roster.

Now all are truly 5'-10"+ and not 5'7 listed as 5'9" tall. BB used to believe that excellent technique could make up for lack of stature, but as the receivers have gotten bigger, this was less and less true.

Even though Wayne leaving is a disappointment, it just means my boi Harper has a better shot!
I still think Harper should and probably would make the team over him. He played better is younger and cheaper, didn't understand the signing when it happened, makes even less sense now.

Some people get really bent out of shape whenever people are getting added (draft) or removed (cut downs) from the team.

Then a dislike is more apropos, no?

So if Wayne returns the signing bonus, do the pats get the credit back to the cap? If so, which year, this or next?

What does Gray have to do with Branch? I never mentioned Gray.

They were on the same team/roster puzzle. Getting to 53 is a zero-sum game. You know that, RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes