PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Michael Williams

Very tough, devastating blocker at Alabama, a favorite of Nick Saban. Very good hands. Didn't shrink from the moment, some key catches in high pressure situations (e.g., 3 receptions and one receiving touchdown in the 2013 BCS National Championship Game). Didn't have a ton of balls thrown his way because of athletic limitations. I'm glad to have him, he is a tough professional and a great blocker who might be a stealth receiver if left alone.

Hooman cant catch TD and make a First down from time to time when the Defense ignores him.;)

That is why I like Williams (admittedly I know him from Alabama). Williams can also make a first down and catch a TD from time to time (see 2013 BCS Championship Game), but he combines that with being a devastating blocker.

That is why I like Williams (admittedly I know him from Alabama). Williams can also make a first down and catch a TD from time to time (see 2013 BCS Championship Game), but he combines that with being a devastating blocker.
Hes Rod Rutledge. Dont get excited with his catching skills.

Hes Rod Rutledge. Dont get excited with his catching skills.

An interesting comparison. Their number of catches were similar their senior year.

Certainly their experience with winning wasn't very similar, Rutledge's Alabama team was 4 and 7 his senior year, while Williams was on three National Championship Teams. Hopefully he'll be on a few more Championship teams in New England. :D

@DougKyedNESN: The Patriots cut DT AJ Pataiali'i, according to a source.

An interesting comparison. Their number of catches were similar their senior year.

Certainly their experience with winning wasn't very similar, Rutledge's Alabama team was 4 and 7 his senior year, while Williams was on three National Championship Teams. Hopefully he'll be on a few more Championship teams in New England. :D

Another outstanding selection by Bobby Grier....:rolleyes:

Rod had hands of stone but was just a tick below Danny Graham on the blocking side.

I think Tom Brady's 1st complete pass as a pro was to Rod Rutledge. Remember reading that somewhere?

I have no idea what to make of Mike Williams here.

The names we should expect quickly:
QB Ryan Lindley
WR Zach D'Orazio
OL Caylin Hauptman
OG Ryan Groy
S Brandon King

Then it gets trickier.

The names we should expect quickly:
QB Ryan Lindley
WR Zach D'Orazio
OL Caylin Hauptman
OG Ryan Groy
S Brandon King

Then it gets trickier.

I'd add the Following:
C - Andrews
RB - Cadet
WR - Saunders
LB - ****son

The Patriots cut Zach D'Orazio, Ryan Groy, Caylin Hauptmann, Ryan Lindley and James Morris, according to a source.

Doug Kyed

12 more cuts to go.

Morris is a bit of a surprise. I wonder if Reiss' 4 LB prediction was correct or if one of the others is sticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST