PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Schefter, Wayne asked to be released.

@RapSheet: As you’d imagine, retirement is a strong possibility for Reggie Wayne. And he wouldn’t do it in a #Patriots uniform. #Colts.

Even though Wayne leaving is a disappointment, it just means my boi Harper has a better shot!

Reggie Wayne was a sleeper spy sent by Irsay to take cap space from the Patriots.

You heard it here first. :D

Wtf? You get half a million dollars in a signing bonus and then retire? That's kinda f***ed up if true.
No way he pockets the whole thing if he asked for his release.

Thanks for wasting our fu.cking time Reggie

Gotta disagree with you here.. I still feel bringing him in was a great move. Even if it was for a week and a half to show the younger guys the type of commitment you need to make to be successful.

I don't like players with prior rap sheets who get a nice, multi-year contract with the Pats after 3 or 4 good behavior months, then show up to camp overweight and fail the conditioning test.

Kinda puts Gray's onetime 10 minutes late to a meeting in perspective.
Rob, I do respect your opinion and understand it. However, Branch has been particularly good at that either. Teams were still able to run the ball at will with him in games. Now, I will admit there are other factors obviously, but it does not really change my opinion that he's underwhelming. He did not pass his physical on top of the lackadaisical play. I think his size and BB's preference to keep depth at the position (unlike 2013, IIRC) will be the prevailing factors for why he sticks if he sticks.

Meh. He flunked the conditioning test. So did Blount and a few other players. There were also some key players from the 01-04 run that also flunked it. I don't put very much stock in those. Sorry.

He had a DWI. Certainly a bad decision but there are worse things he can do.

Fat, out of shape and lackadaisical play? Well, he is fat. Most DTs are out of shape. In the 1st qtr of the game Thursday I saw Branch push the pocket, slide his man to the right, jam a gap and allowed Fleming to nail the ballcarrier for a no gain.

He has a modest deal and is fine in a DT rotation. Great insurance if Seal or Easy-E get hurt and Brown or Chris Jones struggle this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes