PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round of roster cuts for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BenVolin 22s22 seconds ago
I’m told that RB Dion Lewis is going to make the #Patriots and have a decent role. Shift runner and good all around skill set

0 retweets0 favorites

Lewis is an every down running back, though i doubt he's used that way. 325 carries his freshman season. Not as powerful as Maurice Jones-Drew , but he is powerful.

I hope Wayne's coming back in some capacity, because paying $450k for a week and a half of preseason would be an appallingly bad decision.

You can't give Wayne that contract unless you know he's making the team. If he isn't worth the spot then he isn't worth the spot, but that just spotlights how bad the decision was to sign him to that contract in the first place.

Still holding out hope that this is basically an accounting move if he gets cut, though, and that he'd be back by week 2 at the latest.

On the bright side, happy to hear Lewis is making it. He's the real deal, will do good things for us.

Opens up the '22' scheme with White/Lewis and Gronk/Chandler and Edelman as WR. Defenses will get very confused about how many linebackers to put on the field. Will also take some of the pass rush off Brady.

Ok, it's clear now that they're either bringing back Randy Moss or they are going to trade for Calvin Johnson.

megatron? this place would explode!!:D

not surprised about reggie. he's an old guy with nothing left...

megatron? this place would explode!!:D

Given Johnson's contract, Miguel would be screaming in agony as he tried to figure out how the hell they were going to get under the cap. ;)

I didn't know Rex Ryan was coaching college football.

Oh Kansas. Jayhawks fumbled the snap trying to spike the ball for chance at FG. Clock ran out.

@AdamSchefter
WR Reggie Wayne asked to be released, according to source.

People keep posting that they will bring Reggie back in week 2. Can't he sign with another team? The Packers come to mind. Also, that's pretty insulting to the guy. Would he even want to come back after pocketing the 450k?

Hey Captain. I respect your opinion. I'm just wondering if all that is true, then how is he surviving cuts (for now anyway)? I know Devey made it last season and all, but we have some pressing positions that, to me, outweigh OL this season...
I have no idea how he's surviving cuts. I've watched him all 4 pre-season games, and the best praise one can give him is that he hasn't botched any snaps. Otherwise, he provides Negative push in the running game, and cannot sustain blocks for any length of time at all in the passing game. He's small, short, weak and unathletic. There were several UDFA Centers available to be signed post-draft, and Bill basically chose another Ryan Wendy, who has taken almost 7 damn years to contribute anything whatsoever. Bill simply fecks-up in the personnel department way, way more than he should, especially when considering all the resources at his disposal.

Colts fans will be happy - Reggie Wayne won't be a traitor (at least for now) and no Jonas Gray. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Week six a 5'4" running back runs it up the gut for 3oo yds. Remember, you read it here.

Ok, it's clear now that they're either bringing back Randy Moss or they are going to trade for Calvin Johnson.

At this rate, the Patriots will be starting Week 1 with three active WRs. A UDFA, A guy with the yips, and a guy who hasn't played all preseason.

At this rate, the Patriots will be starting Week 1 with three active WRs. A UDFA, A guy with the yips, and a guy who hasn't played all preseason.

we went into the SB having only dressed three WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back