PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Decisions - Probably Already Made

Tebow should and will make the team. He has too many talents not too. Sure, he is a horrendous passer- and I mean probably the worst in the NFL- but his overall skillset makes him one of the better third-string QBs in the league. Should your #1 and #2 go down, what do you expect? Not a bad thing to have a guy who made the playoffs with Denver.

He can also be an emergency tight end, a situational fullback, a possible Hernandez-type of hybrid player lining up in the backfield and going on routes, and could be a good punt protector, as he did with the Jets. If you don't think it's valuable to have him in some special teams situations, you you are crazy. Belichick loves versatility.

And finally, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE LEADERSHIP. Tebow is a great locker room guy, something that has been sorely lacking recently on the Patriots. They need leaders.

I'll be you that he makes the team.

LOL! :rolleyes: Yeah, he was GREAT at TE for the jets, catching nothing but providing that great gif of Sanchez tossing a pass and Tebow letting it hit his helmet. TALENT. And to answer your question, if the 1 and 2 go down, what I expect from a QB3 is to throw at least 1 yard of offense in a half of football. Tebow fails. We've got too many needs to waist a roster spot on a guy who couldn't outperform a mannequin at quarterback. Carry 2 and if both go down, put in Pat Patriot. He'd be FAR better.

Tebow is making this team. This will be the only time in a while that Kraft will interfere with BB. They will cut Bolden and let Tebow in. The Krafts feels he needs 'good' people in his team and considering some circumstances this off-season, I can understand why.

There are plenty of "good people" on the team already. Its a pro football team, not church group.

And dont kid yourself about Kraft's interference with BB. That is not how it works. Their priority should be to win football games, not appeal to a bunch of nutcases.

Tebow is making this team. This will be the only time in a while that Kraft will interfere with BB. They will cut Bolden and let Tebow in. The Krafts feels he needs 'good' people in his team and considering some circumstances this off-season, I can understand why.

If Bob Kraft loves Tim Tebow so much, he should give him a personal services contract after Belichick releases him from his football obligations.

There are plenty of "good people" on the team already. Its a pro football team, not church group.

And dont kid yourself about Kraft's interference with BB. That is not how it works. Their priority should be to win football games, not appeal to a bunch of nutcases.

You had me 100% until the nut cases comment.

You had me 100% until the nut cases comment.

What else would you call people who follow this shhittty football player around from team forum, to team forum making excuses for him at every turn?

Cyber stalkers?

If Bob Kraft loves Tim Tebow so much, he should give him a personal services contract after Belichick releases him from his football obligations.

I was thinkin similar thoughts as I sat in the stands and watched Tebow's pathetic performance last night. Make him a coach/mentor or something.

I was thinkin similar thoughts as I sat in the stands and watched Tebow's pathetic performance last night. Make him a coach/mentor or something.

Mentor? of whom? Who would listen to him and why should they? He sucks

Mentor LMFAO!

What else would you call people who follow this shhittty football player around from team forum, to team forum making excuses for him at every turn?

Cyber stalkers?

Take it easy big guy. I can't stand the Tebow move either, but his fans have the right to be loyal.

Take it easy big guy. I can't stand the Tebow move either, but his fans have the right to be loyal.

Was your suggestion for Teblow to be a mentor for them and not the good of the team?

Just cut him. They don't owe him anything.

Mentor? of whom? Who would listen to him and why should they? He sucks

Mentor LMFAO!

Did you read my quote? I already stated it was a pathetic performance. Why the football team I have followed since before you were born brought this clown in is mind boggling to me.

However...he's here now. And if for whatever reason Kraft, Belichick or McDaniels feel obligated to give this stiff a chance, the lessor of 2 evils is to have him mentor the players.

Stay away from guns, excessive partying etc. This clearly beats having him take up a roster spot.

Did you read my quote? I already stated it was a pathetic performance. Why the football team I have followed since before you were born brought this clown in is mind boggling to me.

However...he's here now. And if for whatever reason Kraft, Belichick or McDaniels feel obligated to give this stiff a chance, the lessor of 2 evils is to have him mentor the players.

Stay away from guns, excessive partying etc. This clearly beats having him take up a roster spot.

I figure they brought him in because it costs nothing and perhaps he could perform at least as good enough to be a 3rd stringer. Oh well...

Not being a pro football player I was going to assume that mentors are usually guys like Faulk, Brown, Bruschi, guys who were not only high character, but extremely talented. Plus they are a lot older and more or less legends here. I am sure they would be good mentors if a team needed that.

I am sure the team has a good psychologist though. If we need TT to tell the team to stay away from guns and partying, then we have the wrong team. If anyone is telling the younger guys that, its the players I mentioned earlier who everyone would surely listen to.

How long have you been following the team?

Just cut him. They don't owe him anything.

No. Keep him around at least until the August 27th cutdown deadline.

That gives them 10 more shopping days to sell his jersey.

No. Keep him around at least until the August 27th cutdown deadline.

That gives them 10 more shopping days to sell his jersey.

I don't know why, I just have a weird feeling that he still has a chance of staying somehow, although that could be attributed to the fact that I was completely shocked when they brought him in to begin with.

If he is cut, it may not happen until the final cutdowns on 8/31 in my opinion. The whole situation is too strange for me to try and get a read on. It's almost like the whole thing defies logic, although maybe I'm just in denial. I just think there's a chance that Belichick has some type of plan for him, and if that's the case none of these preseason performances may matter as much.

I am sure the team has a good psychologist though.

On a side note, I saw the Steelers team psychologist to help me quit smoking. He was featured on ESPN for helping Santonio Holmes to get over some drop issues when he made the famous SB catch in the 2008 season at the end of the SB, and regularly works with the team players all season long.

What a complete and utter quack this guy was, and he didn't help me for anything in regards to quitting smoking either. Some of these guys are just complete goofballs.

Does anyone think that Tebow will be cut on Monday?

PS: ear acupuncture is the best for stopping any addiction. and it's totally painless.

I was going to assume that mentors are usually guys like Faulk, Brown, Bruschi, guys who were not only high character, but extremely talented.

Tom Brady's mentor never played a down in the NFL

If we need TT to tell the team to stay away from guns and partying, then we have the wrong team. If anyone is telling the younger guys that, its the players I mentioned earlier who everyone would surely listen to.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Have Kevin Faulk tell the younger players not to party too much. Good thinking. :D

Look.. last night while sitting in the stands enjoying a few cold ones and watching this horrible excuse for a quarterback play, I wondered why the Patriots brain trust would chose to invite this guy to camp. It boggled my mind in mid June...it boggles my mind now.

After beer number 4 - I said to myself, if they want him around that badly, maybe they can keep him on as a trainer, a coach or a mentor (and at the same time get him the hell off the roster!). I then made the comment on this board in response to a similar post. Simple as that.

Do I think that's actually going to happen?.. probably not. Do I think he could possibly be a good mentor and gain the respect of teammates? maybe.

Having said that...I couldn't care less if I ever hear Tim Tebow's name again and I'm done talking about him.

PS: ear acupuncture is the best for stopping any addiction. and it's totally painless.

heh...yeah...and for dandruff try an ice pick shampoo....

Here are my choices:

QB (2) Brady, Mallett
RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount, Washington
WR (6) Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce, Edelman, Slater
TE (4) Sudfeld, Ballard, Fells, Hoomanawanui
C (1) Wendell
G (3) Mankins, Connolly, Cannon
T (4) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek, Zusevics
DE (5) Ninkovich, Jones, Francis, Benard, Buchanan
DT (3) Wilfork, Kelly, Forston
ILB(2) Spikes, Fletcher
OLB(3) Mayo, Hightower, Collins
CB (6) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Dowling, Ryan, Cole
SS (3) Wilson, Wilson, Ebner
FS (3) McCourty, Gregory, Harmon
ST (3) Gostkowski, Mesko, Aiken

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2013

PUP: Gronk; Armstead; Harrison
Trade: Cunningham and Bequette if possible

Probably need a couple more LBs. Wouldn't be surprised if Tavon Wilson or Marquis Cole or Nate Ebner did not make it to the final 53

I wouldn't think that there'd be much reason to cut him early to be honest, but that's just my take on it. May as well continue to let him run down clock in the preseason games in the 3rd or 4th quarter at the very least.

I think in many cases Belichick trys to do the player a favor to allow him to catch on with another team in time, but that's not going to apply to Tebow--especially since no one wanted him prior to his pathetic performances.

Thanks for the tip on the acupuncture for the ear. I have heard that people have quit using it. I may give it a try.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back