PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Decisions - Probably Already Made

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OFFENSE
1) Gronkowski - to PUP or not to PUP (my guess is not)
2) #4 TE: Fells or Hooman (Ballard has shown enough to make the 53)
3) RB/h-back: Washington, Develin, or Hooman (I keep Blount AND Bolden)
4) 8th OL - We have our active 7; we need a backup center. I see us brining in a fa.
5) 9th OL or not - Zusevics is OK here, although the Practice Squad seems more likely.

DEFENSE
1) Armstead - IR, 53 or NFI/PUP
2) #5 DE - I have 5 DE's with Buchanan, Benard and Francis as the backups
3) #4 DT - Forston is a lock. The 4th could be Armstead, Grissom, Vallano or Cunningham.
4) #5 DB - Dowling or Cole
5) LB/ST - Beauharnais, Rivera, Koutouvides, Edds, or Tarpinian
6) DB/ST - Cole, T Wilson, Ebner

Cuts
Bequette (there are just too many ahead of Bequette)
==================================
47 MAN ROSTER
QB (2) Brady, Mallett
RB (4) Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Bolden
WR (6) Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce, Edelman, Slater
TE (3) Ballard, Gronkowski, Sudfeld
C (1) Wendell
G (3) Mankins, Connolly, Cannon
T (4) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek, Zusevics/fa
DE (5) Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Benard, Buchanan
DT (3) Wilfork, Kelly, Forston
ILB(2) Spikes, Fletcher
OLB(3) Mayo, Hightower, Collins
CB (4) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan
SS (1) A. Wilson
FS (3) McCourty, Gregory, Harmon
ST (3) Gostkowski, Aiken, Mesko

Total players: 47
Created with Pats Picker: http://patspicker.patsfans.com

If Arm has never practiced which I think is the case, PUP is possible.

Yes PUP is possible. He now is on the NFI. Doesn't that list work in the same way as PUP?

If Arm has never practiced which I think is the case, PUP is possible.

QB (2) Brady, Mallett
RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Washington, Bolden
WR (6) Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Slater, Thompkins, Edelman
TE (4) Ballard, Fells, Sudfeld, Gronkowski
C (2) Wendell, Stankiewitch
T (3) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek
DE (5) Ninkovich, Francis, Buchanan, Cunningham, Jones
DT (5) Wilfork, Armstead, Forston, Grissom, Kelly
ILB(2) Spikes, Fletcher
CB (6) Talib, Dennard, Ryan, Dowling, Green, Arrington
SS (2) Wilson, Wilson
ST (2) Mesko, Gostkowski

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2013

Yes PUP is possible. He now is on the NFI. Doesn't that list work in the same way as PUP?

I THINK so but just in case not, I wanted to be sure about PUP eligibility.
Ken has him practicing this week. We'll see. I hope so because he'll need the work.

At DT, I think Wilfork/Kelly only are locks. I expect at least one player not mentioned to compete. Cunningham is not a DT like the rest of them. he's a de/olb who plays inside rusher in sub packages.

OFFENSE
1) Gronkowski - to PUP or not to PUP (my guess is not)
2) #4 TE: Fells or Hooman (Ballard has shown enough to make the 53)
3) RB/h-back: Washington, Develin, or Hooman (I keep Blount AND Bolden)
4) 8th OL - We have our active 7; we need a backup center. I see us brining in a fa.
5) 9th OL or not - Zusevics is OK here, although the Practice Squad seems more likely.

DEFENSE
1) Armstead - IR, 53 or NFI/PUP
2) #5 DE - I have 5 DE's with Buchanan, Benard and Francis as the backups
3) #4 DT - Forston is a lock. The 4th could be Armstead, Grissom, Vallano or Cunningham.
4) #5 DB - Dowling or Cole
5) LB/ST - Beauharnais, Rivera, Koutouvides, Edds, or Tarpinian
6) DB/ST - Cole, T Wilson, Ebner

Cuts
Bequette (there are just too many ahead of Bequette)
==================================
47 MAN ROSTER
QB (2) Brady, Mallett
RB (4) Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Bolden
WR (6) Amendola, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce, Edelman, Slater
TE (3) Ballard, Gronkowski, Sudfeld
C (1) Wendell
T (4) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek, Zusevics/fa
DE (5) Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Benard, Buchanan
ILB(2) Spikes, Fletcher
CB (4) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan
SS (1) A. Wilson
ST (3) Gostkowski, Aiken, Mesko

Total players: 47

There will likely be ZERO ST-only players this year, aside from Washngton, Edelman, Slater and likely Ebner. All the others will be drawn from regular player candidates. None of the ST-only LBs will make it and Cole probably won't either.

Tebow should and will make the team. He has too many talents not too. Sure, he is a horrendous passer- and I mean probably the worst in the NFL- but his overall skillset makes him one of the better third-string QBs in the league. Should your #1 and #2 go down, what do you expect? Not a bad thing to have a guy who made the playoffs with Denver.

He can also be an emergency tight end, a situational fullback, a possible Hernandez-type of hybrid player lining up in the backfield and going on routes, and could be a good punt protector, as he did with the Jets. If you don't think it's valuable to have him in some special teams situations, you you are crazy. Belichick loves versatility.

And finally, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE LEADERSHIP. Tebow is a great locker room guy, something that has been sorely lacking recently on the Patriots. They need leaders.

I'll be you that he makes the team.

I'm fine with ZERO LB/Sters on the 53, as long as we keep 2 of Cole, T Wilson and Ebner.

There will likely be ZERO ST-only players this year, aside from Washngton, Edelman, Slater and likely Ebner. All the others will be drawn from regular player candidates. None of the ST-only LBs will make it and Cole probably won't either.

Tebow should and will make the team. He has too many talents not too. Sure, he is a horrendous passer- and I mean probably the worst in the NFL- but his overall skillset makes him one of the better third-string QBs in the league. Should your #1 and #2 go down, what do you expect? Not a bad thing to have a guy who made the playoffs with Denver.

He can also be an emergency tight end, a situational fullback, a possible Hernandez-type of hybrid player lining up in the backfield and going on routes, and could be a good punt protector, as he did with the Jets. If you don't think it's valuable to have him in some special teams situations, you you are crazy. Belichick loves versatility.

And finally, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE LEADERSHIP. Tebow is a great locker room guy, something that has been sorely lacking recently on the Patriots. They need leaders.

He can't lead a drive against third stringers and has gone on record refusing to play anything but quarterback. Please stop suggesting he could play TE or FB.

QB (2) Brady, Mallett
RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount, Washington
WR (6) Amendola, Edelman, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce, Slater
TE (4) Ballard, Fells, Hoomanawanui, Sudfeld
C (1) Wendell
T (3) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek
DE (4) Ninkovich, Jones, Francis, Buchanan
ILB(2) Spikes, Fletcher
CB (5) Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole
SS (2) Wilson, Wilson
ST (3) Aiken, Gostkowski, Mesko

Total players: 49

Most conservative estimates:

Armstead - NFI/PUP
Gronkowski - PUP
Harrison - PUP
Zusevics - Practice Squad
Bequette - Practice Squad

The only time I ever saw him do this was with the Jets where he missed on the short pass. IF as you say he can do these things at a level of competence, say goodbye to Hooman. Personally I think he's a waste of a valuable developmental player roster spot.

When did BB tell you that Ballard was safe?

Yeah, maybe Tebow can take up a variety of positions like you say. He certainly has talent, but QB may not be the best suit for him. I like Tebow alot, but he was awful last night. I still hold out hope that they can develop him into something for the team at whatever position. Anyways good post.

This is the biggest bunch of bull ever posted on this website.

Armstead is on Active/NFI and counts against the 90 man roster.
He will probably start the season on Reserve/NFI and not count against
the 53 man roster. Same rules for activation as Reserve/PUP. Cannon
was on Reserve/NFI two years ago.

Exactly! Are people just making up things now? Since when is a sub par (and I am being kind) 3rd string QB going to come in to the most well run, successful, team in the NFL with one of the most scrutinized locker rooms and be a leader?

Brady, Wilfork, Slater, McCorty, Mayo, Mankins, TeBlow.

Here is a song for you.

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
If you guessed this one is not like the others,
Then you're absolutely...right!

I have attended Patriots' games off and on for 53 years. I had season tickets
from 1973-1975 and 2011 to the present season. Last night's exhibition by
Tebow was the worst passing performance by a Patriot's quarterback I have ever witnessed. I thought Joe Kapp was the worst until I saw Tebow try to throw
the football.

When did BB tell you that Ballard was safe?

I think Ballard is safe until Gronk returns. A tough decision coming when that happens. Given the Hernandez debacle, this is the best possible dilemma for the Patriots.

Tebow is making this team. This will be the only time in a while that Kraft will interfere with BB. They will cut Bolden and let Tebow in. The Krafts feels he needs 'good' people in his team and considering some circumstances this off-season, I can understand why.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back