PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger is picking Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) Flacco has a great deep ball vs NE.....3 TDs thru the air of 20+ yards vs NE this year with Torry Smith going off for 127 yds
do you not watch the games?

Do you?

Reality check

The Week 3 game was the swan song of the replacement refs. Did the Ravens even have a non replacement assisted scoring drive? Look it up.

Also, if Brady sucks against the Ravens and the Ravens like.....still.....LOSE...what's that telling you?

Have you........liked..........asked?

What if Brady plays........like.......Brady? What would you expect?

My major complaint about Felger (and I've got plenty of minor ones) is his claim that he never offers an opinion he doesn't genuinely believe to be true. Talk about a steaming pile of pure, unadulterated BS...

The ravens can beat us but his reasoning is annoying. Sorry but the ravens defense is not what it used to be when it bothered Brady. I don't think there's something special going on with the ravens. They've just played an average colts team and a QB that doesn't get it done in the playoffs. Did manning throw it further than 10 yards except for his TD passes? Manning's throws were late, low, and wobbly all game. Does anyone else feel like the texans d is close to the ravens d except for experience?

I agree. Pats were lucky to get past the Ravens last year. Evens catches that pass Ravens win that game. Cundiff hits that FG the games goes into OT where anything can happen. Pats run defense is good but when concerns me is the long passes that Flacco throws. Still not 100% sold on the secondary and I expect a few PI called on Sunday as well. I expect a close game.

Everyone forgets the lucky interception the ravens made :rolleyes: sorry but we are not lucky that Moore made a good play! Cundiffs FG was lucky that's it for Baltimore.

Do you?

Reality check

The Week 3 game was the swan song of the replacement refs. Did the Ravens even have a non replacement assisted scoring drive? Look it up.

Also, if Brady sucks against the Ravens and the Ravens like.....still.....LOSE...what's that telling you?

Historically, Brady has struggled vs. the Ravens... until week three when he put up monster stats. Had it not been for a travesty of officiating, the Patriots would have won that game by a touchdown at least, IMO.

So, I think that we will see the Brady closer to week three than the one of the past seasons who struggles vs. the Ravens defense. Just a hunch. ;)

My major complaint about Felger (and I've got plenty of minor ones) is his claim that he never offers an opinion he doesn't genuinely believe to be true. Talk about a steaming pile of pure, unadulterated BS...

Well, that is more common on radio than we realize. We already know DeOssie Pats' fandom is an act. Gresh is a Steelers fan, but can play the Pats' homer real well when he needs to.

If radio hosts gave their true opinions, it would be boring radio most of the time.

My biggest issue with Felger on this would be he is not only a card carrying member of the Flacco is a Turd Club, he is the president. Now he believes the Ravens' defense will overcome his suckitude to beat the Pats who are on as much of a roll as the Ravens. Probably more so.

Big deal. Felger may not have the best reasons for taking the Ravens but its not a completely irrational opinion. Felgy isn't a homer and is aware that if one team stands a chance to prevent a Pats SB berth it's the Ravens. And he is right.

Last edited:
Felger is also a douchebag.

Well, that is more common on radio than we realize. We already know DeOssie Pats' fandom is an act. Gresh is a Steelers fan, but can play the Pats' homer real well when he needs to.

If radio hosts gave their true opinions, it would be boring radio most of the time.
Frankly, I find it "boring most of the time" now, so I'd be more than happy to give it a try if they did "give their true opinions." I'd certainly respect them more.

The ravens can beat us but his reasoning is annoying. Sorry but the ravens defense is not what it used to be when it bothered Brady. I don't think there's something special going on with the ravens. They've just played an average colts team and a QB that doesn't get it done in the playoffs. Did manning throw it further than 10 yards except for his TD passes? Manning's throws were late, low, and wobbly all game. Does anyone else feel like the texans d is close to the ravens d except for experience?

I don't think Manning threw it further than 10 yards the whole second half and they had quite a few questionable play calls running on 3rd and 5, 3rd and 7, etc.

The Broncos lost that game on turnovers and big plays. When you're -2 in turnovers and give up 3 deep bombs touchdown passes you're going to lose the majority of the time. Lost in this Ravens ballwashing is the fact that Flacco still only completed 53% of this passes. The Ravens are full of pride and will be jacked up, won't be an easy game by any means but if we don't give up the deep ball and don't turn it over we cover the spread.

Historically, Brady has struggled vs. the Ravens... until week three when he put up monster stats. Had it not been for a travesty of officiating, the Patriots would have won that game by a touchdown at least, IMO.

So, I think that we will see the Brady closer to week three than the one of the past seasons who struggles vs. the Ravens defense. Just a hunch. ;)

Brady actually didn't struggle in last year's AFCCG...he kinda stuck. Both INT's were under zero duress and missing WIDE OPEN AHern/Gronk for sure TD's in the first half....also under zero duress.

So if the Ravens can't win with Brady playing like that....what's the hope with characteristically normal play?

Besides, what's up with this "on a roll" crap? Who exactly makes it to the conference game not "on a roll"?

Big deal. Felger may not have the best reasons for taking the Ravens but its not a completely irrational opinion. Felgy isn't a homer and is aware that if one team stands a chance to prevent a Pats SB berth it's the Ravens. And he is right.

:confused:

"I just have a feeling" is the epitome of a completely irrational opinion.

Felger is trying to ascend to the throne that Borges achieved for oppositional behavior..

This is not about sports or the Patriots, it is about driving ratings and keeping his audience riled up, so they listen more.. probably more twitter followers also.

Strange how the world works..

A lot of Boston media members go out of their way not to be homers.

Brady looked pretty decent going against them this year.

I know Gronk is one but who is the other?

Our lord and savior Julian Edelgod of course. :D

Do you?

Reality check

And the excuses come rolling in. Replacement refs, bad calls, etc.....the common sounds from fan boards whose team just lost.
And the "Talib wasn't here" argument has become an automatic "it will be different this time" crutch. No mention of Suggs though?
And the Brady-like comment would have more sway if Brady played Brady-like vs Balt.

Felger is trying to ascend to the throne that Borges achieved for oppositional behavior..

This is not about sports or the Patriots, it is about driving ratings and keeping his audience riled up, so they listen more.. probably more twitter followers also.

Strange how the world works..

People with open minds don't get riled up, just" the local team does no wrong" crowd

lets play jeff demps for the hell of it

The ratbirds and the 9ers are the teams i am very concerned about. I think this two teams are always a bad matchup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News