PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger is picking Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
...There is one concept that threatens every game: "any given Sunday."

Yes, but it's such a truism that it's meaningless. The two greatest single season football teams in the history of the NFL are the '85 Bears and the '07 Patriots, and they both lost a game. It happens, and it's understood that it happens, so "Yes, team A can beat team B" is meaningless.

Understanding that, we can all move on, and "that team has no shot" can be understood to mean "that team is a much lesser team than the opponent this season, and it will probably take a very unusual set of favorable circumstances for them to win the game".

No mention of Hernandez playing this game or the ravens not having Lardarius Webb this time?

I mean Cris Collinsworth in that Week 3 game had Webb as a top 3 corner

Exactly, you actually may be able to say that Webb > whatever Suggs has left right now. They also lost McClain.

Exactly, you actually may be able to say that Webb > whatever Suggs has left right now. They also lost McClain.

You "may" be able to say that? Webb was the Ravens best defensive player when he got hurt.

he hates flacco and thinks he sucks (agreed) yet he think he beat the pats? I was listening to him today all I could do was shake my head to angry to call in

You "may" be able to say that? Webb was the Ravens best defensive player when he got hurt.

Well Suggs is their best player when at full strength. I honestly haven't watched him exclusively enough to determine how close he is to full strength.

What excuse?

Actually watch the game. Raven drives were extended by bogus penalties. Sorry to bust your bubble with a reality pin.

Are actually a fan? If so, what's this burning need to double down on stupid?

The guy living in Cleveland is calling me stupid? Is the lake burning tonight?
Question....do your remember bad calls that go against the other team as well as you remember the injustices against the Patriots? Funny how bogus penalties are always so one sided.
I guess I am stupid because I'm naive enough to think that the number of bad calls evens out eventually. I also think a bad call in the first quarter can equally change the course of the game as in the last quarter.
Regardless, this entire OP is plain stupid for ridiculing a media guy for going against the home team.

Last edited:
Yup!!

Last year the Ravens had a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs, were coming into Gillette full of confidence having whooped the Patriots the year before in the wildcard game at Gillette, had Tom Brady playing one of the absolute worst playoff games of his career (22/36 239 yds, 0 TD 2 picks and a QB rtg of 57.5) and yet with all that going for them the Ravens still needed a last second 39 yd FG to win the game.....and didn't.

The FG would only have tied the game.

2160753_300.jpg

It's a beautiful thing. :D

Felgie is talking like the Ravens defense is the 2nd coming of the '85 Bears.
I'm more confident than ever this game will not be that close.

Great! This increases my confidence of a Pats win! LOL

Question....do your remember bad calls that go against the other team as well as you remember the injustices against the Patriots? Funny how bogus penalties are always so one sided.
I guess I am stupid because I'm naive enough to think that the number of bad calls evens out eventually. I also think a bad call in the first quarter can equally change the course of the game as in the last quarter.
Regardless, this entire OP is plain stupid for ridiculing a media guy for going against the home team.

Well you did guess correctly in this post....once.

He said he thinks they win it next year...not this

So you base it off on one game and against a secondary that did not have Talib at CB and McCourty where he belongs at safety and with a secondary that was green and just being put together?

Do YOU watch the games or know the rosters have changed since then?

He can do it again, you act as if the secondary is unstoppable now.

Still waiting on this:

In the last game, some things were clear and obvious:

1. Terrible calls kept the Ravens in the game early when it could have been a Patriots blowout victory
  2. McCourty & Co. couldn't defend the deep ball, which is what allowed the Ravens to get back in the game
  3. Patriots safety play sucked
  4. Brady had found a way to play much better against the Ravens than he had the year before

Also, a positional breakdown gives the Patriots the edge at

QB
TE
WR
OL
LB
NT
CB

So, given that, and given the fact that the Patriots secondary is much improved since that first encounter, please explain why people here shouldn't be confident in expecting a Patriots victory.

Last edited:
Given my post, it should have been obvious to you that I was looking for you to give me the Ravens side.

should have been a pretty clear nod to such a notion.

So, my post still stands and we're still awaiting your answer and explanations.

Also, Vegas currently has the line at 9. Are they all just a bunch of Patriots homers who refuse to see what's been happening in Baltimore, too?

He never even said that dude, he just pointed out the ridiculous homers here, that is different from regular confidence.

He never even said that dude, he just pointed out the ridiculous homers here, that is different from regular confidence.

He made a crap argument that doesn't hold up under scrutiny and, given that I'm one who thinks the Patriots will roll the Ravens despite my not being a "homer", I think it's safe to say that I'm among those who have a legitimate reason to point out the problems of his post and ask for a better line of logical reasoning from him in his follow up.

And Vegas setting the line at 9+/- says that they think the same way, at least in the sense of reading the money.

Last edited:
He made a crap argument that doesn't hold up under scrutiny and, given that I'm one who thinks the Patriots will roll the Ravens despite my not being a "homer", I think it's safe to say that I'm among those who have a legitimate reason to point out the problems of his post and ask for a better line of logical reasoning from him in his follow up.

And Vegas setting the line at 9+/- says that they think the same way, at least in the sense of reading the money.

Ugh, have at it, you are just making yourself feel better.

He and gasper are going at it how ray lewis calls his defense home on tues to watch film. how jim harbaugh is helping john blah blah .

Only in boston does our own mean lookforward to its sport teams downfall because they are out of stories to write with this machine like franchise.

He said he thinks they win it next year...not this

I would give up a SB this year to win it next year. Imagine the Pats raising the Lombardi in the Meadowlands? The sewers in New York would be overwhelmed with puke! :rocker:

It would be doubly best if they win this year and repeat next year giving Brady his 5th super bowl and putting to rest any argument of who is the GOAT in the home of the Jets and Giants!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots