PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger is picking Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks this wasn't a "stirring the pot" pick from Felger has not been paying any attention to the Boston sports media in the last 5 years.
Felger was just being a troll and flame baiting everyone. Is there a point to argue with a troll whose only objective is to get you all riled up? Is there any point to having a discussion or conversation with anyone knowing they are not giving you their honest opinions but are just just trying to egg you on because they think its good sport?
I could respect him picking Ravens if it was his honest opinion. Heck I'm not confident the Pats are going to win, so why would I begrudge anyone thinking the Ravens will win? But the chances of Felger being honest are slim to none.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. No one, I repeat no one, calls athletes more insulting names than Vulger, er, I mean Felger. Examples directed toward his favorites over the years like Beckett, Moss, Favre, etc. have included douchebag, a-hole, slug, scumbag and puke. And those are the ones that only immediately come to mind.
Yet him and Shank got all pissy at Tom E Curran when he dared to call them out. He and his brethren constantly berate anyone who has a problem with their opinions as thin skinned but is there any group of people more thin skinned than them? They constantly are labeling those who they cover as "soft" and "guttless" but I wonder what they see in the mirror every morning? I find it ridiculous that someone whose job is to sit on his ass and either type on a key board or yell at a microphone has the balls to call an athlete out for not playing through an injury which would have them screaming like school girls at a Justin Beiber concert. How dare athlete X not play through that hamstring injury when I have to brave paper cuts and the risk of spilling hot coffee all over my keyboard every day. Inconceivable.

Yet him and Shank got all pissy at Tom E Curran when he dared to call them out. He and his brethren constantly berate anyone who has a problem with their opinions as thin skinned but is there any group of people more thin skinned than them? They constantly are labeling those who they cover as "soft" and "guttless" but I wonder what they see in the mirror every morning? I find it ridiculous that someone whose job is to sit on his ass and either type on a key board or yell at a microphone has the balls to call an athlete out for not playing through an injury which would have them screaming like school girls at a Justin Beiber concert. How dare athlete X not play through that hamstring injury when I have to brave paper cuts and the risk of spilling hot coffee all over my keyboard every day. Inconceivable.
When Vulger and the CHB were on with Curran, Vulger's only line of defense was to keep accusing Curran of "sounding like you work for the team." It was as weak as water and vinegar. Curran, not surprisingly, kicked both of their asses.

Yeah, that Ravens defense is impeccable. Both Leftwich and Batch went for over 200 yards - Batch almost 300 - but ya, that defense is truly amazing.

I can't wait until this Lewis bull**** charade is over.

Yeah, that Ravens defense is impeccable. Both Leftwich and Batch went for over 200 yards - Batch almost 300 - but ya, that defense is truly amazing.

I can't wait until this Lewis bull**** charade is over.

Which Raven will be crying like Heinz Ward when the Pats keep Lewis from getting his ring this year?

Felger continues to strive to be Borges successor as top ass clown writer/media type in Boston.

I tried making sense of any reasoning that Baltimore will win this game.......it simply does not turn up that way logically. There's no destiny, just flukes......watched the week 3 game.....everything had to go the ravens way, and that was in Baltimore

I'm still not convinced that Felger's pick is to rile people up. There are clearly plenty of "experts" out there who genuinely believe the Ravens can and will win. If it encourages debate, all the better, as I want to see analysis from both perspectives.

Kurt Warner on the other hand . . . I can't stand this guy! He's on NFL Gameday explaining why he goes into these playoffs wanting New England to lose. That's different than just believing New England will lose.

Kurt Warner on the other hand . . . I can't stand this guy! He's on NFL Gameday explaining why he goes into these playoffs wanting New England to lose. That's different than just believing New England will lose.

Really? Can you elaborate? I mean I know the whole Twitter whining thing from last year, but ... on TV he's saying this?

Felger was right. Maybe he knows more about football than all the people who attacked his character for daring to pick the opposition. It was a bold pick and gotta hand it to him for not caring about all the negative backlash he got for it.

Felger was right. Maybe he knows more about football than all the people who attacked his character for daring to pick the opposition. It was a bold pick and gotta hand it to him for not caring about all the negative backlash he got for it.

Not sure about others but I picked the Pats to win 30-21 in a hard fought game. I knew this was going to be tough one. A couple of turnovers, dropped passes and injuries were the difference.

Going back to Felger, you got to give him credit. His logic in picking the Ravens was a bit wishy-washy but reasonable.

I did not see anything wrong with his logic..

Flacco did what he has done since we lost to the Broncos.. 12 TD 0 Int 14 yds per completion.

The defense got healthy and the Offensive line was shuffled.. 3 sacks allowed over 4 games.. it is what it is.

Ravens sent 6 guys to the Pro-Bowl not named Suggs, Lewis, Pollard, Torrey Smith or Boldin.

When they beat and beat up Manning after spotting them 14 points it should have been a red flag.

But like the Matrix one cannot be told about it.. one has to see it for themselves.

Next Year Pats Fans.. it was a pleasure.. we are now over that Gift last year.

The Torch has been handed over to the next generation.. Its Flacco Time..

I did not see anything wrong with his logic..

Flacco did what he has done since we lost to the Broncos.. 12 TD 0 Int 14 yds per completion.

The defense got healthy and the Offensive line was shuffled.. 3 sacks allowed over 4 games.. it is what it is.

Ravens sent 6 guys to the Pro-Bowl not named Suggs, Lewis, Pollard, Torrey Smith or Boldin.

When they beat and beat up Manning after spotting them 14 points it should have been a red flag.

But like the Matrix one cannot be told about it.. one has to see it for themselves.

Next Year Pats Fans.. it was a pleasure.. we are now over that Gift last year.

The Torch has been handed over to the next generation.. Its Flacco Time..

Flacco stepped up and played a great game when called on to carry the team. Good on him, much respect.

I can't wish you luck because of Suggs and Pollard, but enjoy the Superbowl.

Flacco stepped up and played a great game when called on to carry the team. Good on him, much respect.

I can't wish you luck because of Suggs and Pollard, but enjoy the Superbowl.

This Pollard thing with the Patriots is freaking weird...

What are the Odds ??

Damn.

Really? Can you elaborate? I mean I know the whole Twitter whining thing from last year, but ... on TV he's saying this?

I've got problems with my memory, but I'm able to remember enough to say this: Warner was very blatantly hoping for the Patriots to lose. His reasoning involved the idea of league parity and the idea that it would be great for a different team to have the opportunity to get into the Super Bowl, but my own subjective impression was that he has a beef with the Patriots. I had seen it before in comments by him.

So when I saw your post, I decided to see if I could find a quote from the show, or something more definitive than my memory, and I found something much better: Kurt Warner blames the New England Patriots for ruining his career and along with the St Louis Rams franchise:

As Warner paints the picture, that Super Bowl wasn't like any other loss. It derailed a franchise and damaged careers and reputations.

"Let's just say, for instance, that what they did had an effect on the second Super Bowl that I played in," Warner says. "And then to see the course of my career from that point forward -- there was some dramatic changes. Had I won two Super Bowls, some of the things may not have happened through the course of my career. Now, obviously, I put my faith and trust in a much higher source than any cheating that is going on, and believe that God has a distinct purpose in what goes on. But I'm just one example of how our situation in St. Louis deteriorated after the loss of that Super Bowl.

"After we lost the Super Bowl, the organization went into a little bit of a downward spiral, as you see with a lot of teams that lose the Super Bowl. You see how career situations were altered after losing that game. You look at Mike Martz. If he is a Super Bowl winner, that is a whole different thing. Or just maybe guys, that was their only chance to be in a Super Bowl. And to go away losing it instead of winning it, that is a huge deal.

"So if [the Patriots] did something that affected that game, I would hope that all the parties involved would do everything they could to make sure that it doesn't happen again. And to make sure that something that somebody earned wasn't taken away from them in any way, shape or form by somebody not doing or abiding by the league rules."

Ex-Ram Warner wants NFL to expand probe of Patriots - NFL - ESPN

I've got problems with my memory, but I'm able to remember enough to say this: Warner was very blatantly hoping for the Patriots to lose. His reasoning involved the idea of league parity and the idea that it would be great for a different team to have the opportunity to get into the Super Bowl, but my own subjective impression was that he has a beef with the Patriots. I had seen it before in comments by him.

So when I saw your post, I decided to see if I could find a quote from the show, or something more definitive than my memory, and I found something much better: Kurt Warner blames the New England Patriots for ruining his career and along with the St Louis Rams franchise:

As Warner paints the picture, that Super Bowl wasn't like any other loss. It derailed a franchise and damaged careers and reputations.

"Let's just say, for instance, that what they did had an effect on the second Super Bowl that I played in," Warner says. "And then to see the course of my career from that point forward -- there was some dramatic changes. Had I won two Super Bowls, some of the things may not have happened through the course of my career. Now, obviously, I put my faith and trust in a much higher source than any cheating that is going on, and believe that God has a distinct purpose in what goes on. But I'm just one example of how our situation in St. Louis deteriorated after the loss of that Super Bowl.

"After we lost the Super Bowl, the organization went into a little bit of a downward spiral, as you see with a lot of teams that lose the Super Bowl. You see how career situations were altered after losing that game. You look at Mike Martz. If he is a Super Bowl winner, that is a whole different thing. Or just maybe guys, that was their only chance to be in a Super Bowl. And to go away losing it instead of winning it, that is a huge deal.

"So if [the Patriots] did something that affected that game, I would hope that all the parties involved would do everything they could to make sure that it doesn't happen again. And to make sure that something that somebody earned wasn't taken away from them in any way, shape or form by somebody not doing or abiding by the league rules."

Ex-Ram Warner wants NFL to expand probe of Patriots - NFL - ESPN
No offense, but that piece is old, old news. Contrary to popular belief that the Patriots taped a Rams walk-through prior to SB 36, Walsh never claimed that happened. In fact when investigated by the NFL, he denied ever doing so, despite hinting beforehand that he had. I used the term "popular belief" because somehow this urban legend and untruth has grown to be accepted as fact, most recently by Mike Francessa on WFAN last week and locally by Mutt and Merloni on WEEI this past summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes