PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Favre Tracker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fox Sports: Favre to Jets

Chad will be cut or traded on thursday

Chad will be cut or traded on thursday

They are reporting on JetsInsider that Tannenbaum was on the radio in NY saying Chad will be gone by 4:00 p.m. Sounds like a trade is already worked out.

They are reporting on JetsInsider that Tannenbaum was on the radio in NY saying Chad will be gone by 4:00 p.m. Sounds like a trade is already worked out.

Just off the top of my head, how about Pennington to Atlanta?

Poor Chad. I hope it's at least to a decent team. The Jets better hope that their 38 year old QB stays healthy.

This team will go 8-8 at best, with the following being a result of the season...

-Mangini being fired. (A year too late)
-Loss of a 3rd round draft pick.
-Getting a middle of the 1st round draft pick, thus eliminating them from getting a sure shot QB for the future once again.

They'll be back to a new head coach and unproven QB next season and no one should be expecting Farve to be anywhere near his '07 form being on a team that is inferior the Packers in every single aspect.

Top it off with Pennington going to Minnesota and leading them to an NFCCG or something and I'll be happy for years.

Top it off even further with a teary eyed Farve returning to Green Bay for a retirement ceremony in a couple years, telling the Lambeau faithful that his decision to play for the Jets was "The biggest mistake of my life". :D

Poor Chad. I hope it's at least to a decent team. The Jets better hope that their 38 year old QB stays healthy.

I bet you anything that Chad is actually happy about this. It's been pretty clear since the Penguin got there that he doesn't like Chad, yet he held him hostage. They're saying on JetsInsider that it'll be Minnesota, but what do they know. Atlanta probably wouldn't be bad. Do you think Parcels would be interested?

Just off the top of my head, how about Pennington to Atlanta?

I think they are anxious to start Matt Ryan right away to be honest, and Pennington will definitely not want to compete for a starting position. I think Chicago or maybe even Miami.

Top it off even further with a teary eyed Farve returning to Green Bay for a retirement ceremony in a couple years, telling the Lambeau faithful that his decision to play for the Jets was "The biggest mistake of my life". :D

Haha! Good one. I am going to bed on this note!

Top it off with Pennington going to Minnesota and leading them to an NFCCG or something and I'll be happy for years.

That would be absolutely fantastic.

It's cute how the Jets are grossly overpaying free agents and adding a 38 year old quarterback to their mediocre offense instead of solidly rebuilding for a better team in the future.

It's obvious Mangini is risking everything on this one season's sucess in order to save his job, as he knows that even before this this Favre trade anything less than the playoffs and he's gone.

Pennington will end up with the Bears or Vikings I'd say.

Love all the homers in this thread... The jets have made some moves over the offseason, and Farve just made them instantly better.
Why it is being a homer to say Favre sucks? Have you looked at his stats for the last 7 or so years? I've been saying he sucked since the 6-INT playoff game against the Rams in 2001. He's had one good year in 7.

That's not being a homer, it's being observant.

I thought he sucked before the trade, and was hoping he'd go to the Jets.

I was much more concerned about Culpepper gong to the Fins than I am about Favre and the Jests.

Anyone afraid of Favre is free to buy a #4 Jets shirt and start doing the Jests chant.

It's funny with an ID of Patslifer you are so down on anyone thinking the Pats are any good and continmually refer to anyone liking the Pats as homers. You really need to find a team you can root for.

Why it is being a homer to say Favre sucks? Have you looked at his stats for the last 7 or so years? I've been saying he sucked since the 6-INT playoff game against the Rams in 2001. He's had one good year in 7.

That's not being a homer, it's being observant.

I thought he sucked before the trade, and was hoping he'd go to the Jets.

I was much more concerned about Culpepper gong to the Fins than I am about Favre and the Jests.

Anyone afraid of Favre is free to buy a #4 Jets shirt and start doing the Jests chant.

It's funny with an ID of Patslifer you are so down on anyone thinking the Pats are any good and continmually refer to anyone liking the Pats as homers. You really need to find a team you can root for.

I think watching Tom Brady has made you delusional. If multiple 30+ TD 60 + % years is garbage then I guess you need to find a new sport

"How are the Pats going to repace all those interceptions Asante Samuel brought them last year?"

"You mean in 1 game?"

Heh.

I bet you anything that Chad is actually happy about this. It's been pretty clear since the Penguin got there that he doesn't like Chad, yet he held him hostage. They're saying on JetsInsider that it'll be Minnesota, but what do they know. Atlanta probably wouldn't be bad. Do you think Parcels would be interested?

and the random ignorant comments continue. If anything the entire Jets fan base has ripped mangini for having a hard on for CP. He always preached about him even when he was garbage on the field. He refused to pull him last year when he blatantly needed to be.

I think Chicago or maybe even Miami.

I'm thinking Chicago or Minnesota. Instant starter, just add water.

I meant better at the time.

So did I.

Are you kidding me? Manning and Garrard last year was better than Brady-Favre will be this year. And it won't have anything to do with Brady.

Wow. Mangina is really desperate. He realizes that if he doesn't make the playoffs this year he is done in NY and therefore also done in the rest of the league because of the bridges he's burned.

Lord Favre and Brian Schottenheimer offense don't match at all. This is all going to end in tears for them. Hey, what's new?

So did I.

Are you kidding me? Manning and Garrard last year was better than Brady-Favre will be this year. And it won't have anything to do with Brady.

I'm sorry, I've always thought Favre was overrated and Garrard is damn good, but Garrard better than Favre? common.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

If the Dolphins beats the Jets opening weekend I will lose it.

I'm sorry, I've always thought Favre was overrated and Garrard is damn good, but Garrard better than Favre? common.:rolleyes:

At this point in time? Yes. Packers are in the Super Bowl if Garrard is their QB last year.

I only hope Favre knows the playbook by then. He is a huge improvement, but you cant just plug in a QBand get results. IMO someone still needs to give Brady the Tanya Harding treatment. JK LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST