PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Favre Tracker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fox Sports: Favre to Jets

I had a feeling this was going to happen. Great....now we actually have to listen to Jet Fans try to argue with us that Favre is a far better QB then Brady...:rolleyes:

- Three Super Bowls to one.

- 288 career interceptions for Favre

That's all you really need to say.....

Love all the homers in this thread... The jets have made some moves over the offseason, and Farve just made them instantly better. Someone remind me off Farves numbers from last year. If not for Brady, he would have been in talks for the MVP.

The jets just got a lot better, and some goofs are making it out to be a joke. They may not win the east, but they will give us a run for it

This is also the same guy who has thrown 288 career interceptions. Last year was the EXCEPTION to the rule.

Are the Jets better? Maybe, maybe not. The redneck goes to the Big Apple doesn't seem like the right fit. There's just something odd about it that doesn't line up.

At any rate, he'll be learning a new system and he's been known to be a freelancer who gets his team into trouble in the past. I don't expect that to change. Nothing about Favre's history suggests it will. Plus, NYC isn't Green Bay. The fans and media won't be as forgiving as the folks in Green Bay were when he throws off his back foot into triple coverage for an easy int when the game is on the line.

This has the potential to be a marriage made in heaven. It also has the potential to be very, very ugly. I'm betting on the latter.

Re: Prisco:Favre to New York not the right answer for Jets

With or without Favre, the Jets are not better than the Patriots. With Favre, they might not be better than the Buffalo Bills.

Last time I glanced at those 2007 standings, the Jets went 4-12. Playoffs? How about .500 season first?

Couldn't agree more.

This is also the same guy who has thrown 288 career interceptions. Last year was the EXCEPTION to the rule.

Are the Jets better? Maybe, maybe not. The redneck goes to the Big Apple doesn't seem like the right fit. There's just something odd about it that doesn't line up.

At any rate, he'll be learning a new system and he's been known to be a freelancer who gets his team into trouble in the past. I don't expect that to change. Nothing about Favre's history suggests it will. Plus, NYC isn't Green Bay. The fans and media won't be as forgiving as the folks in Green Bay were when he throws off his back foot into triple coverage for an easy int when the game is on the line.

This has the potential to be a marriage made in heaven. It also has the potential to be very, very ugly. I'm betting on the latter.

1.) He's also tossed over 440 touchdowns

2.) In 11 of his 16 seasons in Green Bay, he's thrown 18 or fewer interceptions. In 8 of his 16 seasons, he's tossed 30 or more touchdowns (as a reference, Brady has tossed 30 or more touchdowns only once in his career).

I don't look at Favre as the savior for the Jets, but people are just being ridiculous in how they are attacking the guy.

i would love for the jets to chase 0-16 this year

1.) He's also tossed over 440 touchdowns

2.) In 11 of his 16 seasons in Green Bay, he's thrown 18 or fewer interceptions. In 8 of his 16 seasons, he's tossed 30 or more touchdowns (as a reference, Brady has tossed 30 or more touchdowns only once in his career).

I don't look at Favre as the savior for the Jets, but people are just being ridiculous in how they are attacking the guy.

The reason people attack Favre is they're sick of hearing about him and the drama that almost always seems to follow him. Part of that is his fault, but most of it is the fault of the media, particularly ESPN.

Favre's TD numbers are nice, but Brady's career is already more distinguished with, lord willing, a lot more football left to play.

Two more words on why this deal makes no sense: Tom Brady. The Jets have no chance to beat out the Patriots in the AFC East, with or without Favre, which is why this is a bad deal.

Lolz. The sad thing is, it's true. Well... not that sad.

The reason people attack Favre is they're sick of hearing about him and the drama that almost always seems to follow him. Part of that is his fault, but most of it is the fault of the media, particularly ESPN.

Favre's TD numbers are nice, but Brady's career is already more distinguished with, lord willing, a lot more football left to play.

But let's be honest about this.... if Brady had gone down for the season a couple of days ago, and the Patriots had just made this trade, about 90% of the people currently attacking Favre would be praising him as if he were there own child.

Looks like a shortsited.. glitzy move by a desperate team.. wonder how this will effect their salary cap??

Looks like a shortsited.. glitzy move by a desperate team.. wonder how this will effect their salary cap??

I was under the impression they were close to max. I think they're gonna have to cut to the bone or ask some players to restructure to make room for Lord Farve. I think this move is GREAT.....................

FOR THE PATRIOTS.

Last edited:

Anything good for the Jets is bad news for those of us with souls.

Now you can all purchase your official New York Jets Brett Favre Jersey while talking about him 24/7 on this board!

ad_banner22.jpg

Tell me week #2 didn't just become a nationally televised game!

Oh, you can bet the house on it.

Farve is going to destroy that team before he even steps on the field. They thought Coles was upset before, Pennington/Clemens is going to be even more pissed. I wouldn't be surprised though if Brett just went back into retirement before then. Save everyone the hassle.

Really the Jests are just throwing money at the problem (like NYers do) and not fixing the issue of subpar coaching.

Last edited:

Now you can all purchase your official New York Jets Brett Favre Jersey while talking about him 24/7 on this board!

ad_banner22.jpg

Wow, So Tommy gets to add to his legacy by beating Farve twice this year and perhpas the midots can stop talking about how crappy our competition in the AFC East is - That would be sweet.

18 or fewer INTs is an interesting arbitrary number. Did I miss something - it is 2008 right? When did more than 1 turnover a game become acceptable at QB? For compariosn only 6 QBs threw that many last year, 5 the year before, 1 the year before that (guess who).

Let's pick another arbitrary number - let's go with 15 INTs - under 1 per game. Tom Brady has never thrown 15 picks in a year. Peyton struggled with picks early in his career but in the last 5 years has not thrown 15 a single time. Donovan McNabb - never. Favre? Last threw less than 15 picks in a season was 1996. In this decade he has only been as low as 15 twice.

If Favre is still this great QB that the media and his apologists (in many cases those are one and the same) claim he is answer me one question: How come when the Pack offerred him to the whole league except the NFC North exactly 2 teams wanted him - and one (TB) apparently did not even want him that much?

Last edited:

The Jet fans truly belive that this is the best move the jets made since the day parcells became coach. They believe that they will be dominant in the AFC now!
I say it's putting a bandaid on a severed limb, ain't gonna matter as long as their current coaching staff is in place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes