PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Favre Tracker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Prisco:Favre to New York not the right answer for Jets

The Jets are trying something. If it works out they'll win a wild card (which is a possibility for any East team given how easy their schedules are).

I guess I just don't see how they would have been better off standing pat with known crap. You might as well take a chance with the unknown. Heck, it worked out for NE and Randy Moss last year (I'm not making a perfect comparison. I'm just saying that Moss was an outside unknown like Favre. We just knew he was better than the crap we already had).

[Easy scedule - true. But still last year a record of 10-6 did NOT give a wild card (see Cleveland).

Also vs. Moss - Pats paid only 3 mill (Farve will cost 12 Mill). Moss was 30 whereas Farve is 38. Moss is one of the smartest WR in knowing defenses. Farve sleeps in the film room and himself admits to bad study habits.
WR is a complimentary part of the offense whereas QB is supposed to be the leader of the offense. Jets will have to go to a limited playbook as Farve will have to learn a whole new system.

This smells like desperation for Mangini / Tannenbaum. It is an expensive short term fix that could mess up the salary cap and delay the development of Clemmens. Jets are NOT a team just one quality QB away from contending. Bad move Jets and I am very happy (as a Pats fan) that they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News