PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Favre Tracker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fox Sports: Favre to Jets

Damn, it's going to be fun watching Lord Favre get knocked on his ass twice this year. Bring on the RATS! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAHAHAHA!

Here come the homers. Try to say anything that is not "ball washing" the pats, and you come out in droves. Farve makes the jets a better team. They have a good defense, the improved their line, they have a good running game, and now they have a QB who can throw the ball.Did I say I loved the jets? All i said was that they got a lot better, and there is some reason for concern. Put the pom poms down and be objective.

You tell my why the jets are better off without Farve?

According to you. AT this point, the Jets have made an attempt to improve. They threw money at their problems much like the Redskins have tried and look how that worked out.

Clearly. However they should still be no threat to us barring a totally miserable game from the Patriots. Like a lot of other teams, the Jets will be an average to above average team trying to compete with a great team.

I would not think this makes them a threat for the division but IMO it does put them slightly ahead of Buffalo with the big change at QB - Although I think Trent Edwards is going to be one good QB down the road.

Stop the presses. They are now reporting on Jets insider, from Chris Mortensen(?) that the deal isn't done yet. Lord Favre wanted to go to the Bucs but GB shipped him to the Jets. Not sure they can force him to go to NY. HaHaHa! The Jets are sooooo pathetic.

Hah. He is older than Mangini! Can you say "clash of egos?"

I bet belichick is in the office right now getting ready for week 1.
I think the first couple of weeks are ready to go - make that were in the case of week 2. Not only is the offense a little more dangerous now but it will be that much more fun for Belichick to hand Favre his first home loss as a Jet.

Schefter:

Deal is

4th
3rd (50% snaps)
2nd (70% snaps + playoffs)
1st (80% snaps + SB)

I totally forgot about that. I know the guy has seen "everything" but the Pats are a complicated defense and if he doesn't study, I feel like he's going to get creamed.
Not just a complicated defense but it's a given we're gonna have some new zone blitz pressure schemes from Dom Capers; we won't need them much for KC, might as well save some surprises ;)

Two things: I hate Jets fans with every fiber of my being, but I have to admit that if this falls through I'll feel sort of bad for them. They are absolutely losing their minds on Jetsinsider.com. Well maybe I won't.

Also, if it does fall through, how will Pennington and Clemens feel?

Schefter:

Deal is

4th
3rd (50% snaps)
2nd (70% snaps + playoffs)
1st (80% snaps + SB)
Third should be for sure then. Not a bad deal for the Jets, a #2 only if they make the playoffs - which they might do as they have the same cake schedule we do.

I bet belichick is in the office right now getting ready for week 1.

BB is probably getting some sleep so that he can be mentally fresh for tomorrow night's game. He is not concerned about Favregate in the least. We all should follow his example. :D

Last edited:

Two things: I hate Jets fans with every fiber of my being, but I have to admit that if this falls through I'll feel sort of bad for them. They are absolutely losing their minds on Jetsinsider.com. Well maybe I won't.
I won't. *&^% them.

BB is probably getting some sleep so that he can have his team ready tomorrow. He is not concerned about Favregate in the least. We all should follow his example. :D
I was actually kidding about him being in the office but you know he will have the staff be totally prepared for that game.

Not just a complicated defense but it's a given we're gonna have some new zone blitz pressure schemes from Dom Capers; we won't need them much for KC, might as well save some surprises ;)

Now I sort of hope it doesn't fall through. For the few people out there that think Favre is better than Brady, this may be a chance to show how dumb that idea really is.

Also, if it does fall through, how will Pennington and Clemens feel?

HELL NO I will not feel bad for them. I will LMFAO at them.

I was actually kidding about him being in the office but you know he will have the staff be totally prepared for that game.

OH yeah, absolutely. But as for tomorrow, he's got only one team on his mind: The Baltimore Ravens.

OH yeah, absolutely. But as for tomorrow, he's got only one team on his mind: The Baltimore Ravens.
Actually, I'd say the New England Patriots are the only team on his mind - I don't think he really gives a crap about who they're playing in preseason game 1.

Two best quarterbacks ever to play in the same division at the same time?

I love this move. From a PR perspective, it couldn't be better for NE. Week 2 would have just been another tired old rehash of Spygate, but instead it will be Favre Does Manhattan!

Sure, this makes the Jets a better team in 2008, maybe 8-8 and 9-7. Maybe even good enough to beat NE once. But who cares? They are not a legit threat, and the move hurts them longterm.

Can't wait to see the escalator in the trade clause. Hopefully they lose a first with this Rent-a-Favre gambit.

All these desperate short-term FA moves by the Jets really is great -- they really are the AFC Redskins. :)

Actually, I'd say the New England Patriots are the only team on his mind - I don't think he really gives a crap about who they're playing in preseason game 1.

Maybe, but he always has the team thinking of their next opponent, not the ones down the road. But I concede B, I think tomorrow's game is all about evaluation. It's an opportunity for the new guys to show what they can do, and an opportunity for the coaching staff to evaluate them. So, you are right, he is thinking about the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back