PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre after beating the Patriots: “f— yeah!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Favre after beating the patriots: “f— yeah!”

if jets make the playoffs and manage a first round bye , they have a decent chance of a SB berth.But i think if indy gets in, rest of the AFC will be in trouble.

Cassel has been rock solid. But make no mistake, he's no Brady.

Hey, you guys beat Matt Cassel; you should be proud :rolleyes:

====================================================

Yes Jets beat Cassel and BB, and the leader of the AFCE, a team ranked by ESPN as the 7th best team in the world, in there house.

Fantastic win to move the Jets into 1st in the AFCE and 3rd overall in the AFC.

Today it is good to be a Jet fan.

Pats played hard and gutsy football you guy's should be proud also.

Yes Jets beat Cassel and BB, and the leader of the AFCE, a team ranked by ESPN as the 7th best team in the world, in there house.

Fantastic win to move the Jets into 1st in the AFCE and 3rd overall in the AFC.

Today it is good to be a Jet fan.

Pats played hard and gutsy football you guy's should be proud also.

Not as proud as you are!! ;)

Brady would not of made much difference, except maybe throwwing the long ball Cassel was tops.

I can't speak for the Jets, but as a Jet fan I could not be more pleased and proud.

You're out of your cotton-pickin' mind if you believe that. I thought you knew your stuff. This post pretty much obliterates your reputation as a poster.

League MVP's seldom do :rolleyes:

===================================================

Point well taken, and well made.

My point about Cassel is that he had a league MVP type of day, and that the QB play of the Pats had nothing to do with losing the game.

IMHO.

My point about Cassel is that he had a league MVP type of day, and that the QB play of the Pats had nothing to do with losing the game.
The fact that Cassel didn't lose the game doesn't discount the chance that Brady very likely would have won the game.

IMHO.

Brady had 10 games last year better than Cassel's performance on Thursday. While Cassel didn't lose the game and pulled off an amazing comeback to force OT, the Pats aren't down 24-6 with Brady and likely don't lose the game. This was the 2nd game where Brady's absence obviously made a difference in the outcome.

But i think if indy gets in, rest of the AFC will be in trouble.

I'm not really seeing that. Indy's main asset all year has been and continues to be dumb luck, always winning games they should have lost.

Then in the playoffs, you get "Playoff Peyton" who is always a dropoff from the regular season version.

I have also noticed that Marvin Harrision is getting snaps based upon pure reputation alone. He is neither a quality #1 nor #2 anymore, and as a #3 option (with a 13 million dollar cap hit next year) you wonder if the end is very very near for him.

Last edited:

The fact that Cassel didn't lose the game doesn't discount the chance that Brady very likely would have won the game.

======================================================

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Fact is Brady is out for the year, so the point is moot.

I am not trying to dis Brady, just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maybe yes, maybe no.

....that your head is too big to fit through the reality door. We get it.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

You should obviously be thrilled with the W because of the division race, but trying to justify that W by involving a Cassel/Brady comparison is...well...:rolleyes: It was an important win for sure and Jets fans should be happy about it, but trying to say beating this year's Pats is equal to beating last years or any Brady-led year is just lame. Just enjoy sitting atop the division :) While you can;)

Last edited:

Brady had 10 games last year better than Cassel's performance on Thursday. While Cassel didn't lose the game and pulled off an amazing comeback to force OT, the Pats aren't down 24-6 with Brady and likely don't lose the game. This was the 2nd game where Brady's absence obviously made a difference in the outcome.

=====================================================

Brady had 10 games better then Cassell, I did not know that,

That truly is impressive.

I'm not saying that Patriots are better than The Jest this year because they have Brady because, you're right, he's gone.

I'm saying your proudness and Favre's chest pumping are for non extraordinary achievements.

they just better hope they dont host us at the Meadowlands in January

=====================================================

Brady had 10 games better then Cassell, I did not know that,

That truly is impressive.

Yep.

at Jets, vs Chargers, vs Bills, at Cowboys, at Dolphins, vs Redskins, at Bills, vs Steelers, at Giants, vs Jaguars

That's not even including some gutsy comebacks against the Colts, Eagles or Ravens. This offense is a completely different animal under Brady.

Let the Jet fan have his day in the sun. Who knows when it will happen again. I guess he thinks that Brady "IS THE SUCK" too since he believes that Brady would have made no difference. He's not the only one around here who believe this. I suppose Ty Warren, Adalius Thomas, Rodney Harrison, and Laurence Maroney are all a bunch of scrubs too. None of those guys were on the field either...oh wait, NONE of them would have made much difference either. :rolleyes:

....that your head is too big to fit through the reality door. We get it.
==============================================

Hey, I am living in the moment.:)

You should obviously be thrilled with the W because of the division race, but trying to justify that W by involving a Cassel/Brady comparison is...well...:rolleyes: It was an important win for sure and Jets fans should be happy about it, but trying to say beating this year's Pats is equal to beating last years or any Brady-led year is just lame. Just enjoy sitting atop the division :) While you can;)

=======================================================

I did not bring Cassel into the convo, some one else did and I stated my view.

Jets have beat the Pats before, if the Jets had beaten the Pats last year it would of been a fluke.

I am not comparing the Jets to last year Pats team, that would be lame.

All I am saying is the Jets beat a still very good Pats team last week.

And yes I will enjoy the win while I can, I understand there are more games to play and the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Still for the moment I am almost giddy. You can't blame me for that.

I'm not saying that Patriots are better than The Jest this year because they have Brady because, you're right, he's gone.

I'm saying your proudness and Favre's chest pumping are for non extraordinary achievements.

We will have to agree to disagree my friend.

I think part of difference lies in the fact that the Jets have been the suck for so long while the Pats have been a dynasty.

I can understand how different fan bases would view things differently.

==============================================

Hey, I am living in the moment.:)

=======================================================

I did not bring Cassel into the convo, some one else did and I stated my view.

Jets have beat the Pats before, if the Jets had beaten the Pats last year it would of been a fluke.

I am not comparing the Jets to last year Pats team, that would be lame.

All I am saying is the Jets beat a still very good Pats team last week.

And yes I will enjoy the win while I can, I understand there are more games to play and the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Still for the moment I am almost giddy. You can't blame me for that.

I didn't. I think you need to re-read my post:rolleyes: Either way I'm not into p*ing contests so I'll end it by saying (once again) enjoy the win but consider a cold shower while you're at it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft