PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite/Least favorite team in Brady/BB era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite - 2003 One of my all time favorites plays was Mcginest's stop on Edgerrin James from getting in the endzone and winning that Superbowl shut everyone up and showed them the Pats were no fluke for winning in 2001.

Least - 2010 Hated seeing that season end the way it did and losing to the Jets at home in the playoffs. I had higher expectations.

With all of the drama around Brady and the potential this year, here's to hoping the 2016 team is my all-time favorite.

I feel the same way about the Pats seasons as I do about my children. I love them all equally.

In order, from favorite to least favorite.

1. 2014. I know 2001 is what I feel like I *should* choose, because it started it all. But 2014 was special, special, special. Wanting (needing?) that fourth ring. Coming on the heels of deflategate, denying Seattle a chance to be a dynasty, winning in epic fashion. My favorite Pats team of all time.

2. 2001. Started it all. Such a joy, but such a surprise.

3. 2004. Dominant team.

4. 2007. Loved this group. Did something special. Just couldn't seal the deal. So disappointing.

5. 2003. The "other" Super Bowl winning team. Great, great team in its own right.

6. 2006. Felt like they were winning with a crummy group of skill position players, but I liked this team. Sad how it ended in Indy.

7. 2015. So frustrating how the last few weeks of the season and the loss in Denver were. Can't shake that. But so many likeable players. Loved seeing Dion Lewis emerge.

8. 2010. Great team. First year of Gronk.

9. 2012. Should have done more.

10. 2011. Great team. Should have won the whole thing if not for Gronk's injury. Ugh.

11. 2013. Ran into a buzzsaw in Peyton and Denver.

12. 2005. Just not a great year, ending with that terrible loss in Denver.

13. 2002. First three games were great. Then....it stunk.

14. 2008. Once Brady went down, I knew their chances to win it all were shot. So even though they played better than I thought they were, I just knew it wasn't their year, so it wasn't nearly as fun.

15. 2009. I concur. Not a very likeable team, although it was good to see Brady back.

Oh man, I always cringe at these kinds of threads (just kidding). It's like being asked to pick your favorite child.

I mean, how do you pick between four Super Bowl winning teams?!?!?!......especially when each one has their own special meaning....

2001 - the first will always have a special place in your heart

2003 - proving '01 was no fluke, and winning nail biter after nail biter. battle tested and lovable team

2004 - take '03 and add clock killin' Dillon = no contest for rest of league...this year there was NO DOUBT who the best team was all season long

2014 - after what we would consdier a drought and a bunch of 'oh so close', this was redemption tour

worst - DEFINTELY 2002. That was definitely the worst team in teh Brady/BB era. I think maybe others are not picking that one b/c it wasn't the most disappointing. With the team's history and us having just won a Super Bowl, I think the team could have gone to 5-11 and fans would still be enjoying the championship from the year prior. expectations were not nearly as great back then so the losses the team piled up didn't hurt as much, but this team was definitely inferior to the other BB/Brady teams.

Favorite is either 2004 or 2014. Least favorite is either 2005 or 2009. Gun to my head, I'd have to say 2014 for the favorite (but that may be because they're the newest and winning that put a middle finger up to the world that talked about deflated footballs for two weeks prior) and least favorite was 2009.

Favorite 2014 and then 2003 because they made tom jackson look like an idiot and belichick showed him the middle finger in the post game

Least favorite i have to go with 2012 because was the origin of the "hurry up and run the ball at the goal line" play that never works.

The way the 2012 team lost at home after the 45-3 game will forever be the most disappointing for me

Favorite has to be 2001 or '14

Favorite 2014 and then 2003 because they made tom jackson look like an idiot and belichick showed him the middle finger in the post game

Least favorite i have to go with 2012 because was the origin of the "hurry up and run the ball at the goal line" play that never works.

The debut of the "hurry up and fail"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference