PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

...fast start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...is it as important as they say it is? for the boys? I would love to see Dillon grind back into form, and work the clock...prolly too much to ask.

Can't wait, what a weekend of football!!

Irrelevant. The Pats have got off to very few fast starts this year. Dillon won't be grounding it out. Trying to do that is a death wish. The odds are, something that hasn't gone well all year isn't going to just suddenly work. Such a gamble won't be taken, especially in the playoffs. You'll probably see an offensive game plan fairly similar to last week.

Last edited:
Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
...is it as important as they say it is? for the boys? I would love to see Dillon grind back into form, and work the clock...prolly too much to ask.

Can't wait, what a weekend of football!!
Unlike Pats1, I don't see the death wish in Dillon doing a little pounding on the Bronco D to get them in the spirit of losing another play off game. Jacksonville was supposed to be a good run D and the first half breakdown shows us moving the ball with the run, even thought our gameplan - and the one Jax correctly planned for - was to ride Tommy's arm.

I think it's time to see what our bruisers can accomplish against a very similar Denver D with big linemen and fast linebackers. If I were Shanahan, I'd have the DC thinking pass D is the key. Run and surprise them, it's not like the passing game won't be available.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Unlike Pats1, I don't see the death wish in Dillon doing a little pounding on the Bronco D to get them in the spirit of losing another play off game. Jacksonville was supposed to be a good run D and the first half breakdown shows us moving the ball with the run, even thought our gameplan - and the one Jax correctly planned for - was to ride Tommy's arm.

I think it's time to see what our bruisers can accomplish against a very similar Denver D with big linemen and fast linebackers. If I were Shanahan, I'd have the DC thinking pass D is the key. Run and surprise them, it's not like the passing game won't be available.

---------------------

I agree Box, that's the beauty of Belicheck, with that pass offense you'd think denver would be thinking pass....so therfore...hmmmm

I just think a strong running game with a good d is a great formula for winning championships...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News