Welcome to PatsFans.com

...fast start

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Halifax_Pats_Fan, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

...is it as important as they say it is? for the boys? I would love to see Dillon grind back into form, and work the clock...prolly too much to ask.

Can't wait, what a weekend of football!!
  2. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Irrelevant. The Pats have got off to very few fast starts this year. Dillon won't be grounding it out. Trying to do that is a death wish. The odds are, something that hasn't gone well all year isn't going to just suddenly work. Such a gamble won't be taken, especially in the playoffs. You'll probably see an offensive game plan fairly similar to last week.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  3. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Unlike Pats1, I don't see the death wish in Dillon doing a little pounding on the Bronco D to get them in the spirit of losing another play off game. Jacksonville was supposed to be a good run D and the first half breakdown shows us moving the ball with the run, even thought our gameplan - and the one Jax correctly planned for - was to ride Tommy's arm.

I think it's time to see what our bruisers can accomplish against a very similar Denver D with big linemen and fast linebackers. If I were Shanahan, I'd have the DC thinking pass D is the key. Run and surprise them, it's not like the passing game won't be available.
  4. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

---------------------

I agree Box, that's the beauty of Belicheck, with that pass offense you'd think denver would be thinking pass....so therfore...hmmmm

I just think a strong running game with a good d is a great formula for winning championships...