PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Faneca Officially a Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faneca is an upgrade, but there is a reason the Steelers didn't try to keep the guy. He seems to be on the decline. He is still a good guard, but he was horrible in 2006 and not nearly what he was in the past in 2007.

Just throwing this out there for sh#ts and giggles but some radio station in Miami says the Jets have signed Pace. i personally dont want him b/c I think he is a flash in the pan and want Gholston. Its free agency who knows

Last edited:
Even the fools on the Jetnation.com forum are saying he's getting overpaid. I could see shelling out this type of cash for Hutchinson but for Faneca at this point in his Career? No thanks....besides the Jets still don't have a decent QB.:singing:

Most of the Steeler fans, including myself, are laughing at the amount of money the Jets paid for him. Sure I would have loved to keep him and move him to center, but for far less. It's amazing to me that he didn't even want to visit the facilities before he signed. All he is worried about is the money and he sure got it.............................

I always enjoy seeing competitors overspend on contracts...it means they have that much less to spend on someone more meaningful for the next few years...

5-years, 40 mil, 21 mil guarenteed

This is exactly what happens when you blow a couple of drafts. My latest recollection of Faneca is that he gave up a sack to Jarvis, gave up another sack to Wilfork while engaged in a double team and gave up a pressure to Seymour who hit Roethlisberger as he threw the ball away to avoid a sack in the last game against the Pats.

Faneca's a solid run blocker and the best attribute of his game is when he's pulling. At this, I think he's one of the best in the league. Obviously though, a guard doesn't pull on every single play. And while he's a drastic improvement over what the Jets had there this past season, they're paying him more guarantee money than Randy Moss. :rolleyes:

I'm glad the Pats found Mankins in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back