PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eyes on the prize - the dress rehersal

Status
Not open for further replies.
On ST defense, Slater does make a strong ST contribution. Should he get cut in the numbers game, I hope there are other gunners ready to play in prime tiome.
Agreed on Slater. He really stands out on STs, and I don't mean for the penalties. First one down on coverage, big hits, throws his body around. On the KO returns, he has the speed and aggressiveness to make consistent solid returns.

OTOH, Maroney is clearly the better returner. If they decide they'll use Maroney consistently in that role and they'd rather, say, keep another DL or WR than a pure ST guy, well, like you say, Slater might lose in the numbers game.

Nice post.

Definately agree the DB's are improved from last year. Despite giving up 17 to the starters, JC made some spectacular throws. We'll only get better.

I'm not sure though why you already want the 3rd back for Burgess. If he can get a couple hurries a game like the one we saw Friday, he's already worth it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back