PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Every helmet, rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriot Hemet obviously is the best. The Old Throwback Pat the Patriot LOGO is the Best ever, but if forced at gun point to pick a second favorite I would have to say the Eagles Helmet is pretty cool. OOOOPS I can't believe I just said that, I think I just threw up in my mouth a lttle!! GO PATS!!!

richpats said:
Pat Patriot was good for its time, the current logo is more new-school, I think both are great in their own ways. I would like to see them break out the old-school red uni's every Thanksgiving weekend, but no more than once a season.

once a season BUT regularly...

now it is avery long long time (bad...) that we are not dressing them.

Hamtown said:
The Patriot Hemet obviously is the best. The Old Throwback Pat the Patriot LOGO is the Best ever

well said !

Attempted to post a long reply to this yesterday but it went off into the bozone layer or something.

Anyway, your tastes are bizarre in some cases... a lot of amateurish and really dated kitschy design getting high marks (the Colts' horseshoe???), and a lot of pretty slick forward looking work conveying power and motion got the short end of your stick (I personally like the Denver "cyberhorse.") I think we might have a generational difference in perception -- and I'm in my FORTIES!

I too have to take exception to your high marks for Tennessee's flaming thumbtack. The logo's not only terrible, but because it's in professional use, somewhere there's a piece of lined notebook paper not featuring this design as a margin doodle in a 4th grade math class, where it belongs. The brilliant idea of italicizing the letters J-E-T-S with a line under them similarly leaves me underwhelmed, but I find it interesting that you panned the very conceptually similar G-I-A-N-T-S look.

In short you seem to have a weakness for simple, lighter colors with white complements (you like the old Rams' helmets, for instance, along with the Colts and the Jets, nothing darker than mid-value blues and greens, thanks) and -- I think -- dislike darker schemes and complex colors

Come over to the Dark Side, OEP. There's a whole new century coming, and these looks won't be in again until our greatgrandchildren are having this debate, and London beats Yokahama in the expanded NFL's Super Bowl CXII.

Respectfully,

PFnV

OldEnglandPatriot said:
Inspired by the 'top ten helmets' thread, and as a leading expert in aesthetics, here's my take on all 32 NFL helmets:

I thought the best thing about the USFL was their unis and helmets. The Boston Breaker's Helmet was classic.

USFL_Breakers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes