PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Green: Pats will lose to Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when does Vrabel NOT play the run well? Has this guy even watched the Pats play?

Seau may not be an "every down LB" but he's been playing every down and a LOT on 3rd downs and IN COVERAGE.

Pespective from a colts fan, I have heard for the last 14 games how you guys were going to lose. Hasnt happend. People love to see the top dog fall, so get used to this kind of dreck. It is all settled on the field, so nothing we do or say will change that. Just my two cents.

Green's been beating this drum for weeks. He's an idiot. Jax may be the Patriots EASIEST opponent. I can't believe ESPN hires these fools and tools.

While I think the Pats would beat JAX, you have to be kidding. Easier than PIT and CLE? No way.

I would rank them 1.IND 2.JAX 3.SD 4.PIT 5.CLE.

This is why Scouts Inc. is such a joke. They shouldn't be allowed to call themselves Scouts, they have to be the worst, most uninformed so-called scouting service I've ever seen. Article after article I think what a joke they are, and this really just tops it off. I really, really hope we get the Jaguars in the playoffs, we'll friggin' kill them. 50-0. That jackass has it completely backwards, the Jaguars are exactly the kind of team the Pats want. A limited quarterback that will let them put 8 in the box and a susceptible pass defense. Please, bring on the Jaguars.

While I wouldn't go as far as to say that the Jags "will" beat the Patriots, I do recognize that of all the teams in the playoff field, they do seem to match up rather well against us, especially if the weather is poor.

"IF THE WEATHER IS POOR", our greatest strength will be neutralized. If our greatest strength is neutralized, then sure, they've got a good shot. But even then, one must recognize that the Patriots are a team capable of inventing new ways to win. If the offense struggles, the defense steps up. One way or another this team finds a way to win.

Feel the magic...Be the magic!!!!

Indy is the only team that can play the Pats even up. Give a slight nod to the home team.

San Diego is a mentally defective team.

Pittsburgh doesn't worry me.

The Pats beat the Jags, but I would just as soon not play them because they are physical and their opponents usually emerge beat up.

Cleveland is looking like the Cinderella team this year. Imagine Crennel getting them to 11-5. I was impressed by the way they played the Pats early in the year and I would just as soon not play Cinderella teams in the playoffs.

At the end of the day, it's still going to come down to another Pats/Colts game. I think I can probably speak for every Patriots and Colts fan in saying, "man, I'm sick of those games."

People go out and make predictions so if it comes true they can get credit. He probably doesn't even believe it himself. He is just talking some game in hope to look like a genius later. Like all these so called experts that said the Steelers can beat them. If any team were to beat the Pats, it probably would be the Jags though. They have a really good run game, and a QB that doesn't make foolish mistakes. Why I think the Jags can't beat us? Home field. Period.

Indy is the only team that can play the Pats even up. Give a slight nod to the home team.

San Diego is a mentally defective team.

Pittsburgh doesn't worry me.

The Pats beat the Jags, but I would just as soon not play them because they are physical and their opponents usually emerge beat up.

Cleveland is looking like the Cinderella team this year. Imagine Crennel getting them to 11-5. I was impressed by the way they played the Pats early in the year and I would just as soon not play Cinderella teams in the playoffs.

At the end of the day, it's still going to come down to another Pats/Colts game. I think I can probably speak for every Patriots and Colts fan in saying, "man, I'm sick of those games."

Unfortunately I agree. It is going to come down to another Pats/Colts game. The Colts are the only team I feel might beat us.

Pats will take away the Jags running game and make Garrard beat them in the air.

Jags dont have the plethora of cover guys to keep up with the Pats' 4-5 wide sets.

It'll be in Foxboro where the Jags have never won

Jags will keep it a game in the 1st 1/2.

Game over

Well, this article was written for the shock factor. Looks like it worked.

Aside from that, I've seen a lot of people on this board talking about Garrard and how the Pats beat the Jags with Garrard under center. I'd like to point out a few things that most of you seem not to notice:

-Garrard is a markedly different QB this year vs. just the end of last year. His delivery (while it's gootten a bit sloppy over the last 3 weeks), has become much higher, tighter and quicker. In the Tenn - Jax game last season, Garrard coughed up the ball 5 times. He hasn't done even half of that through 14 weeks this year.

-Garrard may not have the high TD numbers, but that's because the Jags are to running as the Patriots ar to throwing the ball. They don't need to throw a lot, so they don't. When you can run, and do so emphatically against 8 in the box (as the Jags have done time and again this season), why should you chance putting the ball in the air?

-Garrard is to the Jags this season as VY was to the Titans last season - a playmaker. He leads the league in 3rd down passing. He makes clutch plays when it's on the line. And, he does it without a Moss or Welker. He does it with entirely sub-par recievers.

This is a team that's getting hot in December - a-la the 2005 Steelers. And this is a board populated by fans who dismiss the possibility of anyone else out there being remotely good enough to do the Pats harm.

The biggest difference with this Jags team, if you've watched them this year, is their ability to finish off opponents. They've become closers. Unlike Baltimore of Philly, these guys can seal the deal if the Pats let them hang around.

That's not to say Jacksonville doesn't have their weaknesses, like an anemic secondary and vulnerability to the big play - but keep in mind, the sports dudes are right. This is one dangerous team.

The biggest difference with this Jags team, if you've watched them this year, is their ability to finish off opponents. They've become closers.

The Jags are now a hot team? They are now closers? 3 weeks ago Indy 28/Jax 25 says hello.

In the biggest game they played all year, division title on the line, playoff bye probably on the line, down 3 with 11 minutes to go in the 4th, needing a stop to put Indy under the gun for the first time all day in a game the Colts had controlled start to finish - "the hot team, the closers" watched Indy go 63 yards in 7 plays in just 3 minutes to put the game, the division, and the bye away.

Until they actually win a big game on the field, can we hold off on annointing the Jags as anything but just another decent team that hasn't proven it can play with the big boys.

Last edited:
Any team the Pats face in the playoffs is going to pose a challenge. That's why they make the playoffs. I think the Pats will have their hands full with either the Chargers or the Jaguars. Overall, the AFC playoff teams are better than the NFC teams.

From Insider anaylst Jeremy Green:

"First, let's start with a little motivation......"

From SI's Peter King on why the Steelers would beat the Pats 2 weeks ago:

"4. Hines Ward's will to win. The dude leads the league in it."

From Shmessy:

"Yawn"

hahahahahaha...nice cach on the King prediction, Shmessy.

As if the Pats won't be motivated too.
There was an early post in this thread where someone quoted the article saying that Del Rio has pushed all the right buttons.. Yeah, sure:

Del Rio: "Now, lets see. If I push that buton, my team beats the Colts. Nope, dont' want to do that. Lets see, this button is marked 'Lose to Colts.' Hmm, that sounds right. I'll push it. [pause] Hey, nothing happened. Maybe I should push it again....."

Well, this article was written for the shock factor. Looks like it worked.

Aside from that, I've seen a lot of people on this board talking about Garrard and how the Pats beat the Jags with Garrard under center. I'd like to point out a few things that most of you seem not to notice:

-Garrard is a markedly different QB this year vs. just the end of last year. His delivery (while it's gootten a bit sloppy over the last 3 weeks), has become much higher, tighter and quicker. In the Tenn - Jax game last season, Garrard coughed up the ball 5 times. He hasn't done even half of that through 14 weeks this year.

-Garrard may not have the high TD numbers, but that's because the Jags are to running as the Patriots ar to throwing the ball. They don't need to throw a lot, so they don't. When you can run, and do so emphatically against 8 in the box (as the Jags have done time and again this season), why should you chance putting the ball in the air?

-Garrard is to the Jags this season as VY was to the Titans last season - a playmaker. He leads the league in 3rd down passing. He makes clutch plays when it's on the line. And, he does it without a Moss or Welker. He does it with entirely sub-par recievers.

This is a team that's getting hot in December - a-la the 2005 Steelers. And this is a board populated by fans who dismiss the possibility of anyone else out there being remotely good enough to do the Pats harm.

The biggest difference with this Jags team, if you've watched them this year, is their ability to finish off opponents. They've become closers. Unlike Baltimore of Philly, these guys can seal the deal if the Pats let them hang around.

That's not to say Jacksonville doesn't have their weaknesses, like an anemic secondary and vulnerability to the big play - but keep in mind, the sports dudes are right. This is one dangerous team.

If Garrard, with 16 TD passes, is a playmaker, what does that make Brady?
And, I will take a team that has been hot all year over one finally waking up in December.

too early to think about Jax...

do you know why people called him insider.? Because he always stays inside. All I can say is we will see about that.

I would like to know what he will write after his team loose when facing ours.

The fact that BB showed a tape during the meeting was a good thing because we have a long way to go and it is time to prepare for the next game.

Why do people want to talk about the future when it will come soon enough.?

Last edited:

Del Rio = loss in the Playoffs.

Belichick >>>>>>>>>>Del Rio

No way. I see us losing to someone in the playoffs, but not Jax.

Don't forget, Jax is a warm weather team that will playing in the cold and snow of New England in January. Look what happed to the Titans (and Colts for that matter) a few years back.

Jax doesn't scare me in the least. Like someone else said, the Jaguars are the best of the rest of the AFC (i.e.- outside of NE, Indy and on some days Pitt.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes