PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Green: Pats will lose to Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally... I thought the Jags got robbed in the Second Indy game. But that is here nor there. A loss is a loss.

There were some iffy calls in that game, but none were brutal and there were some bad calls all around. But the Colts were their most banged up and that point, and the Jags still couldn't beat them.

But the Jags are good, no doubt. They aren't considerably different than the team we rolled over in the playoffs last year, and considering we have improved tremendously, I don't see them as any bigger a threat than the other teams. It's going to be a tough game no matter who we play, it's the playoffs. But for some talking head to come out and guarantee a victory against us...just laughable.

From Insider anaylst Jeremy Green:

First, let's start with a little motivation.
That's a reason the JAGs will win? It'll be a playoff game, and I'm pretty sure BOTH teams will be motivated.

I couldn't believe the Jaguars did not have at least one player named to the Pro Bowl. In fact, I had to hit the TiVo rewind button and watch the AFC selections again to make sure I didn't miss something. In my opinion Garrard should have been named over Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger and RB Fred Taylor should have gone over Colts RB Joseph Addai or Steelers RB Willie Parker. However, these players being snubbed will play into Del Rio's psychological approach with his team. He has pushed all the right buttons all season and this will be the next one.
Maybe Fred Taylor should have made the ProBowl, but how does that make the Jags beat the Pats. Wes Welker should have made the Pro Bowl. So what?

The second reason the Jaguars are going to win is because they are better equipped to win in Foxborough than the Patriots. Before their Week 15 game in Pittsburgh, I had one question left with the Jaguars -- could they get it done on a sloppy field in cold weather? They answered that by bullying one of the biggest bullies on the block and walked away with a statement win over the Steelers.
Earth to Jeremy Green: There will be no sloppy field. Gillette has field turf.

The third reason is the Patriots' run defense. Can anyone find it lately? Sure, the Patriots are ranked No. 10 against the run in the NFL, but that stat can get thrown out the window because it will be useless against the Jags.
????? I won't even try to understand this one.

My final reason the Patriots won't get past Jacksonville is Garrard.
Garrard is a good player, but Brady is better:

Garrard: 16 TDs to 2 INTs
Brady: 46 TDs to 6 INTs

Garrard: 64.2 % completion
Brady: 69.2 % completion

Garrard: 101.6 passer tating
Brady: 119.2passer rating

Garrard: 4 passes over 40 yards
Brady: 13 passes over 40 yards

I know people will laugh at me.
Yeah, I agree.

Green's been beating this drum for weeks. He's an idiot. Jax may be the Patriots EASIEST opponent. I can't believe ESPN hires these fools and tools.

No, Pittsburgh is. San Diego may even be the most dangerous team in the playoffs. Its the 2nd season. Everyone is 0-0.

Plus, Tom Brady and the Patriots' high-flying offense have not been quite as potent through the air since the weather changed in the Northeast.

Yes, one Sunday of bad weather means the offense will from now on be shut down and the team will be one and done in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Its cheap publicity say whatever you noboby's going to call you out afterward when your wrong and if they do you shrug your shoulders and say No kidding the Pats won their the best. Chris Carter said the same thing about the Steelers a month ago. Just laugh at them and realize thatthese naysayers are part of ride.

From Insider anaylst Jeremy Green:

"First, let's start with a little motivation......"

From SI's Peter King on why the Steelers would beat the Pats 2 weeks ago:

"4. Hines Ward's will to win. The dude leads the league in it."

From Shmessy:

"Yawn"

Was this written by an eighth grader?

What a flippin tool!

Jacksonville has to win a game before they come to Foxboro.

I respect the Jags and other than the Pats they are one of the few times I like. But they will not beat the Patriots. If the Patriots did not exist the Jags could make it to the Superbowl, but we do and therefore they won't.

Here's what is going on behind the scenes at the ESPN studios:

Attachments

• funny.jpg
    funny.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
The Patriots have played and beat the Jags 3 times over the last 5 years. In none of those game did the Jags system, scheme, talent, coaching etc ever threaten the Patriots.

The closest game the Jags played was last year, and if anyone remembers the only reason that game was even close (played in Jax) was that fluke of a run by Jones Drew where he went for like 70 yards on a running play where the Patriots tackled him he landed on somebody, and kept on running for a TD. Give credit to Jones-Drew, but that was a total fluke of a play.

Also the Jags have never out physicilled the Patriots. In fact I would say the opposite is true.

I would be more concearned playing the Broncos who have matched up well with the Patriots over the years than this years flavor of the Jags. I am not saying the Jags are not a good team, but we are talking about a historically good team with the Patriots who have never had a problem with the Jags.

The Patriots have played and beat the Jags 3 times over the last 5 years. In none of those game did the Jags system, scheme, talent, coaching etc ever threaten the Patriots.

The closest game the Jags played was last year, and if anyone remembers the only reason that game was even close (played in Jax) was that fluke of a run by Jones Drew where he went for like 70 yards on a running play where the Patriots tackled him he landed on somebody, and kept on running for a TD. Give credit to Jones-Drew, but that was a total fluke of a play.

Plus we no longer have TBC playing clueless OLB!

I think BB hires these guys to do this.

So the Jags are the flavor of the week. I have just three questions for the brilliant analysts who make these bold picks:

1. Which coach would you rather have?
2. Which lineup would you rather field?
3. Who has finished stronger than the Pats with the game on the line?

Pick away smart ones.

Doesnt every analyst talk about the jags like this before they play indy and then what happens ? they lose again.

Didn't these monkeyspanks say the same thing a couple years ago when we played them in the playoffs.....Jax receivers are too big and powerful for NE and they will soundly beat the pats.

Jax is a good team, but I don't see Garrard beating us!

Green sounds just like Anthony Smith.We'll know how his quote ''Gaurentee'' worked out.BB vs Delrio (end of discussion).I'd laugh if the Steelers some how without Willie Parker found a way to beat them.I personally think the Steelers would be a very easy win for NE.They're without their main RB & their defense is no where near its early season form.

So the Jags are the flavor of the week. I have just three questions for the brilliant analysts who make these bold picks:

1. Which coach would you rather have?
2. Which lineup would you rather field?
3. Who has finished stronger than the Pats with the game on the line?

Pick away smart ones.

The brilliant analyst is trying to make a living and no one is going to read a column about how great the Patriots are. But if he writes one about how the Jags beat the Pats in the playoffs, the hits go up, his advertisers get happy when message boards like this sensationalize his crap. So his mission is a success and we are talking smack when it is exactly what he wanted in the first place.

everybody can have an argument about any team beating the pats... same old, same old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes