PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Seems to think we win just one road game this year

It's just amazing how any idiot can get a job there and just spout whatever idiocy comes to mind.

I just got my ESPN Mag the other day and haven't looked at it yet, but apparently - according to others who have read it - they also believe they finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Last edited:
Maybe if they wish hard enough :rolleyes:

The projections are done by Pro Football Focus. I think enough has been said about them already, so, to keep it brief: their analysis sucks. In a few months, we'll be able to file this away as example 1,074 of how useless that site is.

Undefeated at home, though! :rocker:

The fact that they have the Pats beating the Jets 45-3 at home just shows that the whole thing is a joke to them. It's appropriate that the graphic looks like a dart board because that's probably how they came up with these scores.

Tom Brady has scored 12 points or fewer once in his last 82 regular season games. ESPN thinks it will happen three times in the next 15.

Edit:
Holy balls, I just saw this was from PFF. That makes this joke even funnier.

Edit2:
Fixed numbers. Note correct number of 82.

More chance of 16-0 than 9-7 imo, there's 6 wins from the division alone!

But the media/PFF have something to cling onto this year with "who will Brady throw the ball to?!" just like the other year when it was "the Patriots defense is old and slow!" or the last few years of "The Patriots receivers are too small!"

Every year it's the Patriots downfall, every year that prediction is wrong.

Apparently somewhere in the magazine, someone lists the Pats as the 2nd best scoring offense and 20th best scoring defense. Can someone open that terrible magazine, find where that is, and tell me if that is also from PFF?

Two other thoughts:

(1) They have the Pats' final score for the season is 398–313.

(2) They have the Pats going from stomping the Texans by an average score of 41.5–21 last year to losing 30–12.

Relevant portion highlighted:

PM5N1da.jpg

It's PFF. They're wrong, pretty much by definition, because they suck beyond all comprehension and are worse than useless. They're literally wrong about everything. No need to pay anymore attention to these idiots.

I will be filing this one away, though, since it's even more evidence that they have no clue what they're talking about.

dam.....well this sucks...nothing to looks forward to now when they play on the road :(

I have predicted a 3-5 road record with 2 of those against AFC East rivals Buffalo and the Jets....the only other road win I see is at Carolina....the rest road games look brutal.

And 7-1 at home record

I do have concerns....my birthday is October 6th and the last 2 times my birthday landed on a Sunday,the Pats lost.....they play at Cincinnati Sunday October 6 and that will be a tough game.

Ha Ha Yeah that ain't happening.

I have predicted a 3-5 road record with 2 of those against AFC East rivals Buffalo and the Jets....the only other road win I see is at Carolina....the rest road games look brutal.

And 7-1 at home record

I do have concerns....my birthday is October 6th and the last 2 times my birthday landed on a Sunday,the Pats lost.....they play at Cincinnati Sunday October 6 and that will be a tough game.

I don't know about 1-7 but I hate our road schedule this year. I also wouldn't dismiss the game in Buffalo, the Bills have actually been a good team at home in September in recent years no matter how bad they end up being for the year.

If the Pats get through this meat grinder and win the AFC, nobody is going to accuse the Pats of benefiting from an easy schedule to get to the Super Bowl...

Further proof that a homeless, destitute bum knows more about football than the morons over at PFF.

And 7-1 at home record

No offense, but almost every year you predict the Pats are going to take a major step back.

I heard the guy who compiled the predictions on ESPN radio. He basically believes that it is the Broncos and everyone else in the AFC. He thinks the Bengals might have a shot, but everyone else in the AFC has no chance. Von Miller's suspension and the rash of injuries to the team doesn't mean anything to his prediction. He is basically infatuated with Manning and his three WRs. He already has it a given that Amendola is going to miss at least 3-6 games, probably more.

I can't take any prediction seriously where they have the Jets winning only 4 games all season and one of them is against the Patriots. A team that the Jets are 0-4 against in the last two years. They have the Pats beating the Jets 45-3 the second week and then losing 13-10 five weeks later? The Pats offense is going to get that much worse or the Jets defense will get that much better? They really think that home field will give the Jets a 39 point swing from one game to the next?

No offense, but almost every year you predict the Pats are going to take a major step back.

You think they never will again? :cool:

I hope you're not jumping off the bandwagon when it happens like I am sure some younger guys will who became instant fans in 2002.... Stepping back is inevitable and while it may take awhile it will happen,it has happened to the Steelers while in the 80s,the Niners in the 90s and the Cowboys in 2000s all teams that dominated the previous decade.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back