PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Seems to think we win just one road game this year

I heard the guy who compiled the predictions on ESPN radio. He basically believes that it is the Broncos and everyone else in the AFC. He thinks the Bengals might have a shot, but everyone else in the AFC has no chance. Von Miller's suspension and the rash of injuries to the team doesn't mean anything to his prediction. He is basically infatuated with Manning and his three WRs. He already has it a given that Amendola is going to miss at least 3-6 games, probably more.

I can't take any prediction seriously where they have the Jets winning only 4 games all season and one of them is against the Patriots. A team that the Jets are 0-4 against in the last two years. They have the Pats beating the Jets 45-3 the second week and then losing 13-10 five weeks later? The Pats offense is going to get that much worse or the Jets defense will get that much better? They really think that home field will give the Jets a 39 point swing from one game to the next?

While I don't think the Jets will beat NE this year,you must have forgotten December 2010 when NE beat NY 45-3 and lost at home to them 4 weeks later in the AFCDG.

I have no idea why some think a lopsided score means it will likely be the same result the next time those 2 teams meet.....usually a team that gets beat badly by another team corrects it by studying film from that game and trying to correct some of those erroneous plays.....it's happened many times including 2010-11

While I don't think the Jets will beat NE this year,you must have forgotten December 2010 when NE beat NY 45-3 and lost at home to them 4 weeks later in the AFCDG.

I have no idea why some think a lopsided score means it will likely be the same result the next time those 2 teams meet.....usually a team that gets beat badly by another team corrects it by studying film from that game and trying to correct some of those erroneous plays.....it's happened many times including 2010-11
Patrick Chung is no longer a Patriots player. There's one reason. :p

You think they never will again? :cool:

I hope you're not jumping off the bandwagon when it happens like I am sure some younger guys will who became instant fans in 2002.... Stepping back is inevitable and while it may take awhile it will happen,it has happened to the Steelers while in the 80s,the Niners in the 90s and the Cowboys in 2000s all teams that dominated the previous decade.

At some point, the Pats will take a step back. Maybe even this year. But I am not going to expect it happen before every season starts.

Wild swings in scores like that are not all that common. Yes, they happen, but to predict it is a little outside the realm of probability.

9-7?

funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

To the Jets?! To the F****** JETS?!?!?

With all this fuel to the fire, I can't imagine this team not coming out ready to just destroy teams. Much like 07, but 16-0 is very unrealistic, but more likely than 9-7 and no playoffs.

These idiots are basically saying that Brady can't do it without Welker. Guess they forgot that the Pats got to the SB with one of worst statistical defenses ever 2 seasons ago.

But they're right Brady never did anything before he had Welker. Nope, only won 3 SB and was a play or two away from more than likely winning a 4th before Welker came along.

Who did their predictions last year? I think it said pats 15-1.

yeah, I see at least 4 road wins this year. ONE is just ridiculous. this team is better than the 2009 team and that team pulled off two road wins

This team will go thru the AFC east like crap thru a
goose.

9-7

Did they predict TB will miss 4 games and Vince and Mayo will also be out at the same time? I mean a 9-7 feels like it could happen with an injury riddles team.

The Jets were a decent team back then, they're a mess this year with a new GM starting a rebuild. Id be shocked if we lost a game to them this year especially by their predicted score.

It's just amazing how any idiot can get a job there and just spout whatever idiocy comes to mind.

If you're a mediocre sports reporter the best thing to do is make a long list of crazy or bold predictions.

Chances are ONE of them will be correct. At which point you play up the one "prediction" you made that was correct and hope people forget about the 31 other predictions which were way off - and a lot of fans buy into it hook line and sinker. (In fact 49% of the time it works every time.)

There's a difference between saying "Upsets happen" and predicting an upset happens.

It's just amazing how any idiot can get a job there and just spout whatever idiocy comes to mind.

Well when they are talking crap about a team ... 31 fans 96.8% of other teams like it ... so it works for them.

October 20: 13-10 L @ NYJ

lol.gif

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back