PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Easley's burst off the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
His size, speed, and athleticism reminded me of Sapp the first time I saw him. Now let me duck from the hate mail.

Could this be more of a timing thing? Maybe he predicted the timing of the snap. Just a thought. Seems a little too large of gap, no? #newbie

Could this be more of a timing thing? Maybe he predicted the timing of the snap. Just a thought. Seems a little too large of gap, no? #newbie

He does it consistently, even back in his college days. It's more than snap anticipation, he's just got unreal reactions and leg strength/explosion.

Not that I am not impressed with his burst, but the guy has 0.5 sacks in 6 games...with the way Brady is looking this year, I think he would have more if we let him rush the passers-by :)

Sacks are kind of a crappy stat. There's also pressures and the fact that he can help other people get sacks.

Not only is it great athleticism he has other worldy reaction time too. That is a very potent combo.

With that kind of Explosiveness they should make him line-up directly over that Center on passing downs. The Center/QB exchange already puts the poor Center at a disadvantage. That was also why Ryan Wendell struggled so much at Center he was slow to react after the exchange. Some Centers are better at it than others like Mangold our Stork and a few others.

Some linemen definitely have the ability to detect a snap tell. My 18 year-old nephew was doing that when he was 14.

With that kind of Explosiveness they should make him line-up directly over that Center on passing downs. The Center/QB exchange already puts the poor Center at a disadvantage. That was also why Ryan Wendell struggled so much at Center he was slow to react after the exchange. Some Centers are better at it than others like Mangold our Stork and a few others.

One of the reasons Wendell was behind the eight ball so often is that he had a pretty obvious snap tell.

Not that I am not impressed with his burst, but the guy has 0.5 sacks in 6 games...with the way Brady is looking this year, I think he would have more if we let him rush the passers-by :)

Well, he has 5 hurries which already matches VWs total for all of last year.

I think for him he needs to do a better job with his hands and leverage after that 1st step as he is not going to over power people all the time.

With that kind of Explosiveness they should make him line-up directly over that Center on passing downs. The Center/QB exchange already puts the poor Center at a disadvantage.

Like this..

Just hope he stays healthy.

Well, he has 5 hurries which already matches VWs total for all of last year.

I think for him he needs to do a better job with his hands and leverage after that 1st step as he is not going to over power people all the time.
I don't think you can compare him to VW, they are completely different players. Look I am not saying the kid won't be a force for years to come, I just want to see him finish that burst right on top of the QB...no pun intended you sickos :)

His explosion off the snap has always been borderline silly. With Easley, it's always been about health. If that holds up, he'll be dominant on 3rd downs.

Imagine if we could get another first round lineman next year . . . :(

As Easley and Brown develop, we could have a very good front four. Prob doesn't happen until next year.

We were lucky the Colts and Lions gifted Malcolm Brown to us in this draft, to get a DT who was expected to go in the 18-24 range at #32 was a stroke of luck that will help offset "The Theft" a little bit. You could tell the Patriots were surprised because it seemed apparent that they had a trade down ready to go (it was all over twitter from reliable draft types that they were trading down) until Brown surprisingly made it to them.

As for Easley, the obvious comparison today is Aaron Donald. He went 13th, Easley 29th, that's the thing with being so good, to get Top 15 talents we have to take a chance on health sometimes. Hopefully Easley will stay healthy and pay off like the other health risk we took in the past few years - Rob Gronkowski.

Easley is constantly facing a Center-Guard double team and had a couple nice pressure vs the Jets. So far Patricia and BB haven't done a ton to blitz behind him or move him around more on the DL. I guess they want to let him command those so the DEs get the one on ones, but we need to help our secondary a bit more. I know they didn't play well in the first half but were forcing them to cover too long on 3rd down.

Im sure you actually mean Bust off the line, everyone here and on the radio told me how stupid the Pats were for picking him

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back