PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Duane Starks, Earthwind Moreland, Hank Poteat.... Kyle Arrington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday cured me of all my pre-season fantasies of Arrington at backup CB. :(

Last edited:
Arrington gave up 2 passes yesterday; 1 in zone coverage (for 31 yards), 1 in man coverage (for 13 yards). The 31 yard play looked like a blown coverage or a miscommunication because of how open the WR was (but you can never tell for sure). He also had a nice breakup on a Lee Evans pass in the end-zone.

I've seen worse performances. Also; McCourty gave up 4 passes for 72 yards and a TD.

His tackle on Lynch was pretty sick in HD. Lynch was coming out of the backfield and for whatever reason tried to jump, but Arrington flew out of nowhere and ripped him down midair by the ankles.

Last edited:
Yesterday cured me of all my pre-season fantasies of Arrington at backup CB. :(

:( Tragic isnt it?

But we've more busts at CB than a plastic surgeon.

Havent fingers got to be pointed at the secondary coaching\scouting staff right about now ??? !!!! ???

:( Tragic isnt it?

But we've more busts at CB than a plastic surgeon.

Havent fingers got to be pointed at the secondary coaching\scouting staff right about now ??? !!!! ???

why because a secondary that doesn't have a player beyond his 3rd year is having a tough time covering NFL caliber WR's forever because there is no pass rush?

Heck if you had Revis and Asamougha(sp?) there as your starting DB's they would be having a tough time because we get little to no pressure on QB's.

Now don't get me wrong I am not laying this all at the feet of the pass rush, and the secondary needs to take its lumps too, but they are vastly inexperienced without a Rodney Harrison there to guide them to boot. What Patriots fans need to come to terms with is that for a few years now we were complaining that our D was old and slow, well now they are young and fast and what goes with that transition is inexperience. Furhtermore even a modicum of a pass rush (like they had 1st half vs Jets) makes the life of the secondary exponentially easier, the two work hand-in-hand. Until we get that this secondary will struggle and all the coaching in the world will not change that.

I thought that Arrington was noticeably better than Butler.

Arrington was covering... Roscoe Parrish. This is what you people don't seem to understand.
Butler has gone stride for stride with Chad Johnson (most precise route runner in the league?) and Braylon Edwards (underachieving, but athletically a prototypical #1 WR)
Butler made a couple of high profile mistakes against the Jets, but he's not that bad. BB recognizes that he needs to balance protecting Butlers confidence, while sending him a message to step it up. This benching was his way of doing that.

As I've said before, you could have Asomugah playing LCB, Revis at RCB, and Jesus playing in the Slot, and they're still going to give up yards without a pass rush. NOBODY can cover forever.

As I've said before, you could have Asomugah playing LCB, Revis at RCB, and Jesus playing in the Slot, and they're still going to give up yards without a pass rush. NOBODY can cover forever.

*Bandwagon*

The reason our CBs are ****, is because Nin-conpoop is playing OLB and not getting to the QB.

Happy now?

Thank GOD we won, or people would be really upset.

Thank GOD we won, or people would be really upset.

2 straight losses! Half the users will disappear! Asylums will get an increase ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back