PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dragosavich is also a showman...watch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dragosavich is also a showman...watch....

The one thing is his steps..mechanics..seems like he takes 3 steps..and dropping the ball, sometimes the ball shanks..even with that he can BOOM them..he will have GOOD coaching..something has has not had..he will learn more..and I am sure he will do fine..but I had heard he was a character...and once I learned about his halftime show..the next step was youtube...you have to admit it is funny..and doing this at halftime of an event..in front of hundreds of your peers...(I think this was from last Aug..) A big guy too to be making moves like that...

Somehow I don't think it's going to be a huge problem.

Yeah I don't think its going to be a problem at all. I was really disappointed in Hanson's play this last season. The pats didn't have to punt that much but when they did it was just terrible. :mad:

This guy is now my FAVORITE Patriot in training camp.

God, I hope this guy makes the team.

Anyone with that kind of self-deprecating, entertaining sense of humor has got my admiration. After last season, we need a Rick Dempsey in that lockerroom. We sure did miss Josh Miller's personality. Last year, especially the second half, was like watching an Alan Greenspan economic testimony bewteen the games.

Think he'll be a good interview?

Last edited:

I agree....when I heard he was a character..I had to look see what was meant..but I did NOT expect a half time entertainment...I think he knows what is needed...he grew up a BIG bears fan..outside of Chicago..so he's aware of what is needed..some coaching to get his kicks solid..and he will help the team..keeping them loose..I really wonder about that fynamic..and how important that is...keeping them loose..focused but not heavy like cement ALL the tme..

This is good news. At last Kraft will upgrade the halftime entertainment with this guy. The previous highlights included frisbee catching dogs.

The one thing is his steps..mechanics..seems like he takes 3 steps..

Looking at it, though, even if it is a 3-step drop, he still only uses about half a yard or so more than Brooks does when he punts (IIRC, Brooks takes about 4.5 yards to get the punt off, Dragosavich takes 5).

Looking at it, though, even if it is a 3-step drop, he still only uses about half a yard or so more than Brooks does when he punts (IIRC, Brooks takes about 4.5 yards to get the punt off, Dragosavich takes 5).
True...but Drago had 6 punts blocked...NOT a good sign...BUT he has a will desire to improve..as they really didn't have a good caoch there as far as mechanics went..so a small adjustment will go a LONG way..I think he will be fine..

If he drops his punts inside the 5yd line on a regular basis, heck I'll be busting out his "Everybody Dance Now" moves.

Regards,
Chris

I loved that. As the last comment on Youtube says - the NFL needs Mike Dragosavich.

True...but Drago had 6 punts blocked...NOT a good sign...BUT he has a will desire to improve..as they really didn't have a good caoch there as far as mechanics went..so a small adjustment will go a LONG way..I think he will be fine..

That could also be a function of the OL. After all, Kevin O'Connell wasn't running for his life at SDSU just for the heck of it. :) [Seriously, watching some of those Youtube clips, sometimes I'm amazed that he got a pass off, ever.]

he has a stutter step or two when he catches the ball and then takes two steps to punt the ball. you can see why he has his punts blocked. he needs to get rid of the stutter steps and catch the ball, one step and then kick the ball. he will get the coaching in mini-camps and training camp. if he can get his delivery shortened, the pats may have just found their punter for the next 5+ years.

he has a stutter step or two when he catches the ball and then takes two steps to punt the ball. you can see why he has his punts blocked. he needs to get rid of the stutter steps and catch the ball, one step and then kick the ball. he will get the coaching in mini-camps and training camp. if he can get his delivery shortened, the pats may have just found their punter for the next 5+ years.

According to something I read somewhere today. The first coaching he got to shorten his three step was at the senior bowl. He has been practicing a 1-1/2 step punt ever since and says it goes almost but not quite as far with just 1-1/2 steps. He didn't start punting until his sophomore year in college. I suspect he has a natural who has gotten virtually nil coaching on punting properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back