PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't hit me: Would taking Moss away from Brady make Brady better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did taking away Moss make Daunte Culpepper better?

Did taking away Moss make Daunte Culpepper better?

FWIW, in 2004 Moss missed 3 games. In those same 3 games, Culpepper has his 3 lowest yardage games of the season. He had a monster season and quite a few prior to that year.

Last edited:
Certainly Brady will be better without Moss given that Welker is out because, as you say, it will make him spread the ball around. We should also trade Light, mankins, Koppen, Volmer, etc etc because that will make him improve his quick release. Also, if we get rid of Bodden, Butler, merriweather and Springs, Brady will be forced to become better at puttting points on the board in order to keep the team competitive. Then, all we have to do is dump Belichick and sign Herm Edwards and Brady will be the first QB to have a perfect passer rating for 19 games in a season.

This is one of your better ideas. Seriously.

Certainly Brady will be better without Moss given that Welker is out because, as you say, it will make him spread the ball around. We should also trade Light, mankins, Koppen, Volmer, etc etc because that will make him improve his quick release. Also, if we get rid of Bodden, Butler, merriweather and Springs, Brady will be forced to become better at puttting points on the board in order to keep the team competitive. Then, all we have to do is dump Belichick and sign Herm Edwards and Brady will be the first QB to have a perfect passer rating for 19 games in a season.

This is one of your better ideas. Seriously.

Brady throws the ball to Moss when others are open because Most must not feel left out. This is a problem. Your basement dwelling snideness is about as impressive as the German hockey team. Go pee on someone else's leg.

Brady throws the ball to Moss when others are open because Most must not feel left out.

No he doesn't.

This is a problem.

No it isn't

The bottom line is the people arguing he forces it to Moss are in effect arguing that he should force it to Aiken.

How you people can continuously ignore the facts that Brady's 2 best years are with Moss and Welker is beyond me. He's played two years with Moss and Welker. The first year he broke every record there is. The second year he still produced better numbers than he had in any other year except 2007.

Those are real facts. Now when you consider all the other factors of 2009 (ACL, OL, separated shoulder, pass defense schedule, no WR3), you realize that Moss is not a problem. Some people seemingly just can't live without a scapegoat.

Challenge

Including contract numbers and likelihood of being able to sign said players, list your preferred Mossless 2010 WR depth chart

Last edited:
No, I just think the Pats need to get better at WR and RB and run the football more. I do think the Pats should get rid of Taylor and Morris and draft a RB to push Maroney. The Pats '09 receivers were horrible aside from Moss and Welker. Also, the Pats never designed plays to get Watson involved (which will not surprise me when he bolts in FA) and they relied on Sam Aikan and Stanback of all people as their 3rd and 4th WR's. However, Edelman should be a lot better in year 2 and will probably be the Pats second WR assuming Welker is out at the beginning of the season. Although it would be wise for the Pats to not rely on Brandon Tate, it would be nice if he can bring something to the table in 2010.

Last edited:
Brady throws the ball to Moss when others are open because Most must not feel left out. This is a problem. Your basement dwelling snideness is about as impressive as the German hockey team. Go pee on someone else's leg.

He's just constantly angry. That's what happens when you get extremely old.

Yes!! Watch Tom's INT numbers drop because he stops forcing the ball to his bunky.

Last edited:
The bottom line is Brady er I mean the Patriots can't win it all with the current receivers because they are the only problem duh. So we should keep living in the past and resign or acquire all the receivers from the superbowl years obviously, like omg case closed :rolleyes:

with Welker being out for at least six games and Moss getting shipped away, would we see the return of the Brady who spreads the ball around?

To who?........

Give me any 2 wrs from colts, any 2 of Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie, Gonzalez will do.
Manning has 5 legimate player makers, and Brady has two. And the 1 (Moss) played hurt all year and other (Welker) is injured. Now you will make Brady better by taking away the only play maker we have left.

Some logic!!

How about take all 5 wrs from Manning and taking Colston/Rice/Henderson from Brees? Yeh, that is going to make them better too. The horse face just turned red.

brady doesnt look moss and welker way TOO much

usually they get the ball b/c when he makes his progression of reads, moss and welker are open

when theyre not, the other wr's are not, and brady will force it to moss/welker rather than an aiken/edelman....which to me is fine logic

now give him 2 more average wr's, who can get open when the top 2 are not, and brady will be fine

To who?........

Sad times when posters need someone to fill in such painfully clear blanks. OTHER receivers, Ray... Or are you being intentionally obtuse?

Sad times when posters need someone to fill in such painfully clear blanks. OTHER receivers, Ray... Or are you being intentionally obtuse?

What did you just call me?

7147-17129.gif

Last edited:
To diss Brady like this is beyond stupid!!!!!!!!!!! For a Pats fan notheless.

Brady had some of the best QB performances in superbowl history. Including highest # completions and % of completions and rating.
He won 2 superbowls on last drive.

Get lost you moron.

When we won the SB's the offense was not counted on to win games, Brady was asked to manage the game and not make mistakes.

I guess by better, I don't mean breaking records, I mean winning games. 10-6 and getting gang-banged in the playoff opener... ya those impressive numbers sure amounted to a lot, didn't they.

I'm not suggesting we get rid of Randy, I'm wondering if it happens to be true that he gets sloppy when he's unable to get the ball for a while which in turn makes Brady chuck it into triple coverage, would we be better of with a couple of solid receivers in place of Randy. I'm not sure why so many of you are getting your scrotum in a twist.

To diss Brady like this is beyond stupid!!!!!!!!!!! For a Pats fan notheless.

Brady had some of the best QB performances in superbowl history. Including highest # completions and % of completions and rating.
He won 2 superbowls on last drive.

Get lost you moron.

This was not meant to be a diss on Brady at all. In 2003 and 2004 he was only in his 3rd and 4th year as a pro. Those Patriot teams were led by their defenses not by their offenses. What made Brady so successful in the early stages of his career was the ability to control and manage a game, as well as his ability to step up and make plays in the clutch. That statement was not a knock on Brady by any means it was to show that the defense was the primary unit in the Super Bowl years.

Last edited:
I guess by better, I don't mean breaking records, I mean winning games. 10-6 and getting gang-banged in the playoff opener... ya those impressive numbers sure amounted to a lot, didn't they.

I'm not suggesting we get rid of Randy, I'm wondering if it happens to be true that he gets sloppy when he's unable to get the ball for a while which in turn makes Brady chuck it into triple coverage, would we be better of with a couple of solid receivers in place of Randy. I'm not sure why so many of you are getting your scrotum in a twist.

I don't blame trying to force the ball to Moss for his bad playoff performances or any bad games he had during that season. If you really look at it, those INT's featured him not only trying to force the ball to Moss, but also to Welker. The very best thing we can do is load up on some depth BEHIND those guys. This is where I hope Edelman and Tate can stay healthy and contribute this season. When Tate was in, he showed that he was able to get behind defenses, but Brady wasn't able to hit him. Having these two guys in there plus whomever else they can pick up not named Sam Aiken or Isaiah Stanback would certainly be able to help. On top of that, a year back from injury should also help.

I don't blame trying to force the ball to Moss for his bad playoff performances or any bad games he had during that season. If you really look at it, those INT's featured him not only trying to force the ball to Moss, but also to Welker. The very best thing we can do is load up on some depth BEHIND those guys. This is where I hope Edelman and Tate can stay healthy and contribute this season. When Tate was in, he showed that he was able to get behind defenses, but Brady wasn't able to hit him. Having these two guys in there plus whomever else they can pick up not named Sam Aiken or Isaiah Stanback would certainly be able to help. On top of that, a year back from injury should also help.

I agree.

And now I'm getting out of here, the lynch mob has been drinking...

So the passing game is the only determining factor of win/loss record? Why the hell do we pay any money to the defense at all then.

What exactly are you using to even assume that Brady "chucks" it into triple coverage and gets sloppy? Every single number you look at, all the facts that point towards helping a team win a game, tell you that the passing game is better throwing to Moss and Welker.

In 2009 there were 2 receivers, in 2007 there were 4 receivers. Do you honestly think Brady was a bad QB in 2007? Or would have been better/won more games with lesser receivers?

I agree.

And now I'm getting out of here, the lynch mob has been drinking...

You asked if taking away the best WR in the game would make Brady better. The comments have been very kind to you compared to what one could have expected.

Your punishment is to go suffer through watching the 2006 offense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft